News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Searching (KALEE!)

Started by hpitb, April 2, 2011, 06:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hpitb

((Gahhh. I haven't written in forevs. Sorry, I'm a bit rusty, I guess.))

Aaron sat comfortably in his wooden booth seat. He slowly sipped butterbear from a tall glass mug. He liked the way the drink would slightly bubble at the top. He watched them closely, keeping watch of the the steady rise from the bottom to see them slowly pop on the surface. For not the first time he looked up. He didn't really expect a classmate to come join him, but it would be nice. He recognized a few kids, but he doubted they recognized him. Then again, he couldn't really help but remember them. His darned memory prohibited that.

Aaron slowly tapped his finger to the music that endlessly played through his head. A quick beat flew through his mind and an even quicker string of lyrics flew through his head. He didn't even know the name of the song, he just heard it going through a radio wave. One of the perks of mind-reading: being able to pick up radio waves. He closed his eyes, taking in every sense around him, well except for sight, that is. The warmth of the bodies in the semi-crowded tavern, the quiet chatter of his peers, the fizz of butterbear stinging his throat, and even the grains of wood that rubbed against his sensitive fingertips.

Kalee_Ann:)

Emily stumbled in, playing with her hair nervously. She looked around and slowly sat down at Aarons table, her tiny, friendly smile shining. "Why hello there.." She chuckles and holds her hand out.

hpitb

Aaron snapped open his eyes. He didn't notice his company's arrival. It was sloppy of him, he should always be aware of his surrounding...but he got a little preoccupied. He looked the girl up and down. She was slightly attractive and looked nice. He thingyed his head to one side, she was unreadable. Well physically anyway. From her height and face, he couldn't quite place her age. He didn't even know her name. He wasn't even sure if he had seen this girl before. But she greeted him. -Awkward turtle...- He thought to himself. He could just do a quick mental scan of her mind, but he decided to do things the Muggle way.

"Hi. Take a seat." He said, his deep voice resonating in his chest. He pulled his eyebrows down. He hadn't noticed how deep his voice had gotten. Months of disuse can do that to a person.  He pushed his head back to an upright position, realizing how stupid he must have looked, while stretching out his hand to shake hers daintily.

She chuckles softly, and pushes her long dark brown hair behind her ear. "I'm Emily.." She slowly pulled her hand away and smiled.

Emily stared at the new boy for a minute, and pulled out her drawling pad, sitting it on the table and opening it to a nice, clean page. "You're eyes are so different.."

hpitb

"Emily." He said mostly to himself. "Well I'm Aaron." He thought about what she said. His eyes were different? Well she must have not met a certain teacher with color changing eyes, then. She didn't seem very social, not that he was either. She just sat doodling on a notebook. "So, uhm, you want drink or something?" He asked.

Emily started gnawing on her lip, shaking her head slowly. "Noo.." She looks around. " I only drink water, but I'm not thirsty right now.. Thanks."

She sighed deeply and shook her head, crumbling up the piece of paper she was drawling on. She was quite hard on herself most of the time, and nothing was ever good enough with her. Slowly, she lifts her head and stares at Aaron.  "What do you like to do?"

The young girl smiled into his eyes, pushing her glasses a little more up her nose. She doesn't talk to many people.. Normally she's just sitting alone, drawling or reading. But there was something about this boy.. He was very handsome, there was just something about him that called to her.. She wanted to learn more about him.

"I-I guess so.." She giggles a little, and wiggles in her seat "I'm going to apologize in advance, I guarantee I'll start to bore you within the hour." A slight blush formed on her cheeks, and she silently prayed the new boy wouldn't leave. 

hpitb

((So, I'm going to reply to the second.))

Aaron waved his hand in the air. He waited patiently while a waitress hurried over. He quietly asked for a second glass of butterbear. "So, Emily. I don't see you around much. You go to school here? Well not here here. But at Hogwarts," he said awkwardly. "Oh, and don't worry about boring me. It's the sake of your entertainment you should be thinking of."

He noticed that she blushed a lot. She also tended to trail off in her sentences instead of finishing them. -Ahh, the awkward timid years,- he thought. One thing he found a bit strange, though, was that she was really into intense eye contact. He averted his eyes down to his hands which were folded in front of him on the table.

She blushes even more, looking up to the side. "Yeah, I don't normally wonder around, or I avoid populated places. I don't normally get along well with others.. I don't know why."

She smiles and chuckles softly, closing her drawling pad. He eyes fluttered around again in a desperate attempt not to look at Aaron.

hpitb

Aaron smiled softly. "Yeah, been there, done that. I still have a somewhat hard time with meeting new people. But I'm trying to get over it, you know? Because, I mean, we're going to meet people all the time. Well, unless you decide to just isolate yourself from the world and choose to take the life of a hermit, but that's highly improbable. Well, I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. So don't let my opinion stop you from living in the mountains by yourself. It's just that...yeah..." He trailed off. Things got extra awkward all of a sudden. The problem was that Aaron was used to having all the talking done for him. But this girl seemed more interested in doodling than actually speaking to him. Not that he didn't mind that, but for some reason, Aaron really wanted to make a good impression on Emily. It's not that he doesn't try to make good first impressions on everybody, but he was really afraid of disappointing her.

"Sorry, I'm rambling. I don't do this often." He smiled down at his hands. He looked up over his eyelashes at her, then looked back down. He actually did ramble a lot. Aaron was notorious to give facts related to the topic at hand. But he didn't want Emily to think that he was that lame.

Emily chuckled and shook her head, pulling her hair back into a pony, and looking up to smile at him. "Don't be sorry... I like to listen to people talk. I find it oddly calming. Thats why I like music, and the beach so much, there's a constant noise... Something for me to concentate on." She smiles a little more, and looks down at her drawling pad, she looks up back into his eyes and stares for a moment, closing her own and thinking about his eyes, opening them again and returning her gaze to the pad, slowly drawling out his eyes. She doesn't know why, but she's just so... intranced by him.

She knows this is all silly, and that she's just meant him, but something just seems special..

hpitb

Aaron smiled and nodded. "Yes! I feel the same way." They had a lot in common, he noticed. They were both quiet, but where she liked to draw, he liked to write. He wished he could draw, but couldn't get three-dimensional objects to look...well... three-dimensional. He tried to peek over to try to see what she was doodling but couldn't. "So, what are you drawing?"