News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

absent-mindedness

Started by Aiden, April 10, 2011, 08:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

A dark silhouette could be seen around midnight walking the forbidden forest on a cold, windy night.  It stepped lightly through the forest, eventually coming up to an open valley leading up to the Hogwarts school.

Aiden looked up, seeing the familiar towers of Hogwarts, his old school.  It had been many months since he'd been here at the school, and as far as he knew no one could explain his absence.  He walked slowly up to the school, stopping as he felt someone elses presence nearing.

((Open to anyone. Sorry if it sucked I haven't RPed in FOREVER!))

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

Crazy_About_You

Zepha couldn't sleep. It was kind of chilly outside but the moon was bright so she decided to go for a walk to try and calm her busy mind. She slipped on a hoodie and left.

The wind was wipping her short blonde hair through the air and she shivered. Okay maybe this wasn't her best idea. Suddenly she saw something move, something that looked to big to be any kind of animal. She let out a shriek and jumped back into the tree behind her. She fell to the ground and looked up at the figure, her green eyes wide open. She stood up and wiped the dirt of her jeans, "Uh... hello?" she said, looking into the darkness.
"You have to belive in something or you will fall for anything."

Aiden

Aiden turned around, taken aback.
"Hey." He answered rather sheepishly.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

Aiden tilted his head and looked at the girl whom he'd never seen before.  The sharp winds blew his hair over his face and he used to his fingers to get his hair out of his eyes.
"What are you doing out here so late? I don't think you're teachers would be pleased with a student walking around the forest so late at night."

Crazy_About_You

Zepha let out a sigh of relief, "I'ts okay" she said, "I just didn't expect anyone to be out here."

"Your right, I probably shouldn't be out here." She looked at him, or at least what she could see int he darkness, he didn't look like a student, maybe two or three years older than her. She hoped he wouldn't turn her in.  "But, I couldn't sleep and its nice out so I thought I'd try and clear my head." She always hated that time right before you would fall asleep, the time where you layed in bed in your mind wandered. It always made her nervous and kept her up some nights, leaving her with only a few hours of sleep.

The wind picked up speed and her hair started whipping furriously around her face. She put up her hood and stuck her hands in her pockets, "I'm Zepha." she said locking eyes with him for a second.

Aiden

Aiden walked over to her slowly and held out his hand in greeting.
"Hey Zepha, I'm Aiden." He replied,looking at her face which he could see now that he was closer to her.
The flipped his hair out of his eyes which her shining a medium brown under the moon's light that barely escaped through the canopy of trees.

He tilted his head.
"What year are you in?"  He asked her after clearing his throat.  "You do still go here right?"

Crazy_About_You

She shook his hand "Nice to meet you Aiden". She instantly shoved her hand back in her pocket, it was a chilly spring evening.

"Yeah I do. I'm a seventh year." she answered. She looked at him, trying to figure out how old he was.  He looked to be about two or three years older than her, but it was hard to tell in the shady light of the moon. "You look to old to be a student. Are you a teacher or something?" she asked hoping the answe was no. If it was yes she was probably in trouble and that wasn't going to help her sleep easier at night.

potter_fan122

What was it with these kids?  Jeez, now she knew why the teachers hated it when she stayed outside all night in the forest or the roof.  But at least she knew how to be undetected. These kids didn't know squat.

Stacey had just broken up a clump of fifth years from near the Whomping Willow.  They had firewhiskey with them and had been messing around with the old tree.  They had been safely taken back to the castle and she had given enough threats that they sobered up and stayed in.  Just as she was ready to leave for the night she felt another pulse from the forest.  With a great sigh she darted towards the dark trees.

She weaved back and forth with a gentle grace that only came with familiarity.  With little movements she moved through the trees, jumping over tangled roots and bushes.  When she came closer to whoever was in the forest, she leaped straight up and caught a low branch.  Swinging herself around, she climbed up on it and twisted around.  Peering down, she could see a girl--Zee, it looked like-- and Aiden.  Seeing him was unexpected and a smile formed.  Breathing heavily she stood and listened.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Aiden

"Nah, just a graduate I guess you'd say.  I don't really know why I come back, except it's the only place I really feel accepted.  I guess Hogwarts is my home away from home."  He said.  He frowned at how cheesey the last part sounded.

"I graduated...two years ago I believe? Anyhow I'm nineteen now, soon to be twenty."  Aiden said, rubbing his forehead with the back of his hand.
He said down in the grass and rested his arms on his legs.  He began picking at a stem of grass.  He felt someone elses presence near them and he automatically knew it was Stacey.

Picking on students I presume. Aiden sent to her, knowing she'd read his thoughts.

Crazy_About_You

"Oh I see. I understand why you would want to stay around. The place does sorta have a.." she paused searching for the right word. "certain charm to it." In the 7 years she'd been here she felt more comfortable here than anywhere, even her home.

She noticed a shift in Aidens posture, she knew something was up. Not something, someone, he had noticed someone. For being terrible at charms and spells Zepha was good at reading people. She could tell it was someone important to him. She glanced over her shouldur and then looked back at him "Whats up?" she asked, her voice full or curiousity.

Aiden

Aiden met her gaze and smiled.
"Hmm you're very observant."  He pointed out, impressed.  "It's nothing."  He added. "As you probably already noticed we have a visitor."
Aiden scanned his eyes across the clearing, looking for Stacey.

Crazy_About_You

"Yes well being observant is just one of my many outstanding talents." she joked. "But unfortanatley identifying people in the dark of night is not." she turned around again but still couldn't see anyone.

She decided to question Aiden and try and figure out. "So guessing by the excited look in your eyes it must be someone you really care about." she smiled. "Would this person happen to be the reason you keep hanging around Hogwarts? She asked him this, but she already knew the answer. She joined him in the grass and leaned back against the tree.

Aiden

Aiden nodded, agreeing.
"Very true."

He flicked the blade of grass he was toying with into the air.  As it flew gracefully through the wind with a snap of his fingers it caught ablaze before falling on the ground and going out.
"Yes actually.  Her name is Stacey, she's my wife." He replied, the edges of his lips curving upwards into a smile.  Most people would be surprised that he'd be married so young, but he didn't think many things surprised Zepha with observant spirit.  It seemed like she was one step above everything.
"We're also expecting twins."  He added, winking at the hidden Stacey.  He didn't know where she was standing at but he knew she'd see it.

potter_fan122

((Actually they were born already.  :P  ;) ))

Stacey had to hold in a laugh as Aiden winked at her.  She hooked her legs under the tree branch and pushed herself over. She swung upside down like a bat, her hair hanging around her face.

"Hey, Zee. Hello, love."  She greeted, giving a little wave to the girl.  "Sorry for... well, dropping in, but I thought you were some rouge student trying to set the forest ablaze."  Carefully she dropped down from her perch, twisting in the air like a cat so she landed in a crouch.  Standing, she gave a proper smile to the student and looking to her husband.

"And I'm not picking on them. Just chasing them to bed so I can go home," she replied to his mental message in a teasing tone.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Crazy_About_You

Zepha stopped and let the wheels turn, soaking everything in. She bit her lip, connecting the dots. "Oh." she saw Aidens face light up as Stacey apeared from behind her. They both looked so happy it was adorable.

"Hi Stacey, er Ms. Gray, er..." she stopped,  she would get it. "Sorry about being out I couldn't uh,"  she figured it didn't really matter why she was in the forest at night, the fact was it was against the rules "I uh, won't do it again" she said tucking her hair fall in front of her face.

"I didn't realize you were married." it just wasn't something she even thought about, and Stacey was so young it didn't cross her mind. However now that she had met Aiden it made sense, they were obviously meant for eachother.

Aiden

((Goodness I've missed alot xP))

Aiden stood up and met his wife when she was close to them. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it gently.
"Don't worry I'll make sure you won't get in trouble."  He said to Zee, raising an eyebrow playfully at Stacey.

"Yeah, but what can I say?  She forced me into it."  He stuck his tongue out at his wife.