News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Waiting for a friend

Started by Ginny Thompson, July 8, 2011, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_About_You

She flicked one last bead of water at him "Oh, well that makes sense. I guess I've always just known how." she said, not judging him at all. He seemed sort of insecure about it for some reason. "Its not a big deal, lots of people can't swim." she smiled at him.

Zepha looked at his face and could tell he was trying to read her mind. His eyes got squinty and it looked like he might explode. He was trying really hard she could tell. It was kinda funny though and she let out a small laugh. "Yes that was what I was thinking!" she said laughing. "Thats cool that you can do that!" she said with a smile.
"You have to belive in something or you will fall for anything."

Ginny Thompson

"Thanks" he said blushing.
She seemed to be smiling and he smiled back.
He wanted to ask her what she could do but first he had to try something.
He got up.
Her moved toward the water and placed a foot in the water.
He started walking into the shiny water and waded in the water.
"This wasn't that bad" he thought to himself.
Then he lost his footing and fell backwards, his head fell into the water and he bumped his head on a rock.
Blood was pouring his head. There was a pool of blood in the lake.
He shut his eyes. Then opened them again.
He couldn't move any other part of his body. He was stuck there floating lower into the depths of the lake. He was waiting for a miracle to happen.
He was losing the world, he couldn't see properly. He was entering some trance and lost his eyesight. He shut his eyes.
This had to be the end of his life, surely.
The choices you make; make you who you are

Crazy_About_You

As Trent started to stand up so did Zepha, she wasn't exactly sure how well he could swim but wasn't ready to find out. As she started to slide of the grass his skinny body fell into the water, head first, and blood started gushing out of his head.

"Ohmigod, ohmigod, ohmigod." Zepha shrieked as she ran to the water and saw his eyes closing. She plunged into the water and gently lifted his head out, carefull not to move his neck at any bad positions. She didn't know what to do, she wasn't good at any spells and he was the same size as her, maybe bigger. There was no way she could cary him back to get help.

All she knew was that she had to stop the bleeding. She tore off her jacket and wadded it up. She placed it on his head and applied pressure to stop the bleeding. She looked down at his face and he didn't seem the same. It looked paler almost. "Trent," she said loudly, "Trent, can you hear me." she stumbled around for his hand and placed it in hers. "Squeeze my hand if you can hear me." she said in a soft, worried voice.

Ginny Thompson

Trent vaguely heard a voice but couldn't work out who it was.
But something did come in handy. His powers.
He tried to read the persons mind he got through and almost instantly this time.
He eventually found out that this person was shocked.
He heard them speak again something about squeezing their hand.
He grabbed a grip on her hand and squeezed as hard as he could to make sure they knew.
The rest was up to her he said to himself.But something weird happened.
He sent the message through to her it was strange like she had received his thought.
He felt some water at the back of his throat.
The stiffness felt half there now and he could move his head but not his eyes. His twisted his head to the side and opened his mouth and poured the water from his mouth onto the mud near the lake. It washed down into the lake. He tried opening his eyes and saw three people staring at him then one then three.
He realized this wasn't three it was one and he was seeing three, he knew this was Zepha, it had to be.
He smiled.
He could speak but just a few words, "That was a close one."

Crazy_About_You

Zepha started to go numb when Trent wasn't moving. She barely knew this kid and was he gonna lay here and die? She started mumbling spells to herself, finally deciding on a healing spell she'd read in a book once. She pulled her wand out of her pocket and recited it, almost perfectly which was a suprise for her. She paused, anticipation and pure fear flowing through her veins.

Suddenly she felt her hand, he was squeezing it, just like she'd asked. She sucked ina deep burst of air and let a small grin. She'd done it... sort of. At least he was semi-conscience.

"That was a close one." he'd said and she started to laugh but bit her tounge. It was that bittersweet sense of humor that you had to have in times like this. She looked into his eyes, which seemed blurry and lost. "Are, you okay?" she asked in a soft voice, knowing that the answer couldn't possibly be yes. Not if he was answering honestly anyway. As she waited for a reply she contemplated wheter she should stay here with him or go get help.

Ginny Thompson

"Yeah I'm fine" Trent lied.
He could feel a few bones in his body but not all of them.
He tried moving his arm.
He felt OK until he reached it over his head, then it hurt.
Trent had to do this it was his only hope. He didn't want Zepha to leave him alone.
He hated it and for this entire year he was alone.
He tried again.
"C'mon, C'mon" he kept saying in his head.
His arm had lifted slightly higher then his head. He was surprised.
He tried with his other arm.
But it failed.
He tried again.
Failed once again.
He tried one more time.
This was it he had reached above his head.
He lifted himself up.
He felt alive again.
He was now leaning on his knees.
He couldn't feel the rest of his legs though. This was a problem. 

Crazy_About_You

Zepha was extreemly good at reading people. I guess that comes from a life built on lies. And Trent was lying, badly. She knelt down on her knees so that she was at the same level as him and looking him right in the eye.

"Shut up" she said to him serriously, "Don't try and be a tough guy, you are obviously not fine." she said placing both hands on his shoulders to steady him. He was struggling to stay on his knees, let alone getting up and walking away.

"Trent, please tell me whats wrong. I want to help you." she said locking eyes with him. "I won't leave you, I promise." she said, hoping these were the words that he needed to hear to calm down.

Ginny Thompson

It was as if Zepha was reading Trents mind.
He had to tell her the truth.
"I..I can't feel my legs" he said and thought that sounded pretty stupid.
She was trying the best she could to help Trent and he knew it. She was a good friend. Like Linvy had been.
But he didn't want to think about her right now he had a crisis to deal with.
A serious one.
No one else was here, but Trent wished there were.
Zepha kept holding onto his arms while he tried getting up but nothing worked. He had to lay back down. His whole body was killing him and bad but once he'd gotten his knee up he wouldn't have to.
But h kept thinking the worst, "Zepha i have to lay down my whole body is killing me!" he said. He hoped she'd understand.

Crazy_About_You

"Okay" she said, softening her voice now that she'd gotten through to him. She let go of his arms and placed her hands on his back, easing his frail body to the ground.

Zepha was good at reading people, and she knew Trent was struggling right now. That was his weakness. Hers was not knowing how to help him. She didn't know any good spells, didn't have a clue what to do. She was keeping it calm on the outside but on the inside she was freaking out.

"Wha, what do I do?" she asked in a soft, scared voice. One that she hadn't used for a very long time. She really wanted to help him, she just didn't know how.

Ginny Thompson

He really didn't know what she could do to help. He layed down and shut his eyes tight. He opened them again and lay there.
He couldn't do anything and neither could she.
He had to do something. Then he had one only option.
"Zepha, you must get help," he cried struggling to stay comfortable.
It was their only hope.
Trent was waiting for her to say something. And hoped she'd accept.
He was  in pain and a teacher was the only one who could fix this all up before he struggled any more. He just hoped that Zepha would leave. And she would leave now. Before things got worse. Much worse.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha bit her lip and nodded her head, it was all she could do to keep from crying. "I'll be right back" she said, giving his hand one final squeeze before she took off.

Zepha ran the path back to the school, careful not to trip over something like a twig or a rock, watching where she placed everyfoot. She ran to the medical wing and when she got there she almost fell down, she was that out of breath. "Please... help." she said trying to gather words. "My friend, he's he's hurt." One of the nurses got up and hopped on a broom, she followed them and showed them the way to Trent. Hoping things could get better from here.

"He fell, and hit his head. Now he can't move" She said, trying to explain what had happened. "I stopped the bleeding but I can't do anything else." she said to her shoes.  She stepped out of the way and let the nurse do her job.

Ginny Thompson

-MEANWHILE-

While Trent was waiting for the rescuer he lay there all alone but he was used to this, this was his life for the past year. He waited patiently.
His arms were starting to fall asleep and his head became numb.
He closed his eyes and saw blackness, shapes started to appear. He opened them againand blinked a few times to regain his focus.
He had been waiting for about five minutes.
Maybe he should roll over so he could see when she was coming.
He tried but his body was still stiff. He tried reaching for it wand to cast a few spells, he should have thought of that in the first place.
But now was the right time. Otherwise Zepha would tell him off, anyone would. He wasn't just blaming her.
He grabbed his wand, just, and casted "Winguardium Leviosa!" he had lifted a rock off of the ground. And moved it towards himself.
It plonked down beside him and he used it a crutches to help him lift up.
It had worked! But suddenly his legs became like jelly and wobbly. He had collapsed onto the ground and blood gushed out of his head.
He hated this! He just hated this!
He felt like he was about to be knocked out.
He closed his eyes once again. And that's when he heard it. The swish of the trees became heavier and heavier. He immediately opened his eyes.
Then he noticed two people on a broomstick, Zepha and someone from the medical wing. They rushed over here and the nurse started checking on Trent.
She asked him a few things and he replied with answers.
She flopped his arm and rocked his head.
Then she started testing him and used a spell (i don't know what its called but Snape uses it on Malfoy in the sixth movie when Harry and him are in the bathroom fighting) to put the blood back into his system.
And used another spell but couldn't hear as his hearing was becoming weak.
He felt the muscles in his legs and arms now. He was alive!
He reached his feet with his arms. No pain!
He was relieved.
Trent couldn't believe it, he thought he was going to die.
But he survived to tell the tale.
The Nurse left them on her broomstick after the relief.
"Thanks, for all your help, Zepha i really appreciate what you did to help me."
He smiled. This was what he really wanted, to be alive again. And he was.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha watched in awe as the nurse did her magic on Trent. It was amazing, he was better like that. Once he stood up she smiled, a weight had been lifted. "I'd like to say anytime but, please don't do that again." she said in a joking voice. That was the scariest thing since, well since the fight with her parents. And that was something she didn't want to think about.

She grabbed his wrist and pulled him away from the water, "Maybe we should go somewhere else. Less, rocky?" yes that sounded good. She led him back to the trail that they had been on an hour ago. "So good as new huh?" she said, trying to fill the space.

Ginny Thompson

Trent definitely didn't disagree with that. He had had a hard time with water. He didn't want to make it worse.
"Yeah". As good as new. He thought about it. Yeah he sure did feel as good as new.
He put his hands in his pocket, as the two were walking up from the dreaded lake. He was never coming back here again.
"Where do you wanna go? The Ravenclaw commonroom?" he asked as he stopped.
He'd never seen it. He wanted to go there. Besides Gryffindors he needed a break from.
He started walking again toward the castle with Zepha.