News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Waiting for a friend

Started by Ginny Thompson, July 8, 2011, 06:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Thompson

Trent waited for the door of the commonroom to open so that he could talk to anyone.
Just anyone.
Trent hasn't spoke to anyone this year.
He hoped he could start over.
He started playing music but Trent had nothing to say he was depressed, this happened a lot lately.
He hadn't written to anyone at home because there was nothing to say he was waiting for a miracle to change this.
He picked up a book but couldn't concentrate so threw the book and it landed in the corner.
He was  waiting.
That's all he tried to do lately just hoped something happened.
Trent was waiting for a friend. 
The choices you make; make you who you are

Crazy_About_You

Zepha opened the doors to Gryffindor's common room, intstantly noticing the difference in layout and design. She was a Ravenclaw but sometimes she like wandering through other house, searching for new people or new things to entertain herself.

Suddenly she heard a loud bang and looked over to the bookshelves where a boy had just slammed a book down to the ground. He looked, well she wasn't sure. She was normally fairly good at reading people but she couldn't.

She looked into his eyes, they were empty and full of sorrow. She slowly walked over to the book and grabbed it off the floor. She walked over to him and stuck it out, to hand it to him.

"Hi, I think you. Well you kinda dropped this." she allowed her white teeth to spread into a sly smile that reached up to her green eyes.

"I'm Zepha." she said as she tucked a short strand of blonde hair behind her ear, now noticing that she didn't recognize the boy. She realized she wasn't exactly the most social person on campus but she usually knew peoples faces.

She settled into the chair next to him, hoping to start a conversation. She was bored, and had nothing to lose.
"You have to belive in something or you will fall for anything."

Ginny Thompson

Trent was now excited he had someone to talk to.
He took the book and put it on next to him. "Thanks" he replied.
Maybe the time was right, maybe he'd make a friend.
He smiled back to her smile and relaxed a little.
He was waiting this whole year for a moment like this and now he didn't know what to say.
So he turned to grab him book and started to read, his favourite thing to do when relaxed.
He was pleased  to find interesting facts in it.
Trent had forgotten to introduce himself. He folded the corner on one of the pages and closed the book and  held out him arm waiting for her to shake it and said,"Hey I'm Trent".

Crazy_About_You

"So, Trent" she said, thinking about the name. She didn't know any Trents, or none that she remembered. Maybe he was just as anti social as she. Or maybe she wasn't very observant. Regardless she hadn't met him before.

"Howcome I don't know you."
she finally said, looking at him. "I usually recognize faces or names but your unfamiliar." she hoped that didn't sound creepy. She really was just currious as to where he was from. 

She looked back at him and noticed he'd picked up his book and started reading. Was she boring him? She started to get up and head for the door, not wanting to intrude where she wasn't wanted.

Ginny Thompson

Trent was surprised. Had he made her leave?
"No, don't leave!" he asked her.
Maybe he'd leave reading till later, when it's boring.
He grabbed her hand so he wasn't alone.
He grinned and said,"I don't talk much that's why I've never seen you and you've never seen me."
He hoped he had not scared her when he grabbed her.
Trent hoped she'd stay at least a little longer.
He'd wanted to open his mouth desperately and now her finally could.
"So, how's Hogwarts been for you" he asked unsure of what to say.
He kept smiling to make her stay, he hoped it would work.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha was a little shocked when he grabbed her hand. "Oh" she said and looked up at him "I just assumed I was boring you." she said witha  smile.

"I'm guess I shouldn't be too suprised that I've never seen you, I wasn't all that social untill about a year ago either." she said, thinking about all the friends she'd made, all within the last year.

The way he kept smiling at her was cheesey but cute, like he was uncertain of something. "Oh, Hogwarts has been alright, I'm not exactly the strongest student but I survive." She frowned a little as she pictured her last report card.

"How about you? Which house are you. I'm Ravenclaw." she asked her words and eyes full of curriosity.

Ginny Thompson

"Me?" he asked.
He hoped he didn't upset her when he said he was in Gryffindor.
"Gryffindor, but my friends-well ex-friends are in Ravenclaw, you might know them," he said with smiles fading and reappearing again as he spoke.
He heard laughing and giggling in the background. He wished he could do that. That all stopped now that his friends and him split.
"Well" he had nothing to say. He couldn't think of the same things he had in common with her.
So he waited for her to say something in the awkward silence.

Crazy_About_You

"Hmm... maybe. I try not to hang out in there very often." she said with a straight face. "Too... its just too stuffy for me. Same as here. Wanna go for a walk or something?" she asked with a smile, hoping to put him at ease.

She started to walk out of the building and noticed he wasn't moving. She went over to him and grabbed his wrist, trying to keep him from getting all awkward. "Come on" she said grinning "I promise I'll be nice.

Ginny Thompson

At first he didn't like the idea incase he had any encounters with the Ravenclaws.
But thought maybe he needed fresh air and decided to come when she grabbed his wrist.
"Alright" he said to her comment and he followed her out of the doorway and into the open of Hogwarts.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha let go of his hand and pushed open the doors. "Ahhh, its so nice out here." she breathed heavily, letting all of the tension out of her shoulders.

She glanced around, thinking about where to walk to. She looked at him, getting ready to ask his opinion but turned back, figuring he would just mumble an uncomprehensible response. "You wanna head down to the lake?" she said, more than she asked.

As she walked towards the lake she smiled at Trent. He was nice alright, but it was like pulling teeth to get him to talk. She scanned her brain quickly to think of a good topic but stopped, deciding to let the beautiful atmosphere talk for itself.

Ginny Thompson

Trent thought going to the lake was  a terrible idea, it made him feel nervous, but he just went with the flow and decided to tag along.
"So, do you like the lake?" he asked as the wind flew across his hair.
They had reached the lake before Trent knew it and he stopped and sat down on the ground and folded his legs.
He liked the company Zepha brought him it was nice, he felt now that she was as close as a sister even though they'd only just met about fifteen minutes ago or maybe more.

Crazy_About_You

"Oh I just love it!" she beamed, "Its like a place to go for me, when I have no where else." she paused coming up with a better way to explain. "Like when I think that I'll never be able to answer another question or do another spell, I come here and it all makes sense." she gave him a smile.

"What about you? Are you a fan? Zepha asked, noticing his uneasyness on the way down to the lake. Somepeople don't like water she thought to herself, maybe that was why.

She followed him and joined him on the ground, letting her legs hang in front of her, her blonde hair blowing around her small face. Trent was friendly enough, but it seemed like he had some serrious shell that he really needed to break through. Maybe she could help him with that.

"So Trent, we've talked about me. What do I need to know about you?" she asked him while giving him a smile to tell him that it was okay.

Ginny Thompson

Trent was used to people liking the lake although he hated it. But never knew why, maybe it was the water. He never decided. But instead said,"let's just say me and water aren't really friends" he smiled weakly.
He'd reached the water maybe he could just paddle in the water for a while. Would that make him better?
Zepha asked a question but Trent wasn't' paying attention, he pulled off his socks and spashed his feet in the water.
He suddenly realised what she'd asked and said, "The one thing you need to know about me is that i can read minds, but I'm not that good, I'm still learning" he said looking up at her.   

Crazy_About_You

She scooted next to him at the edge of the lake and kicked of her shoes. The water was warm and her shinny toe nail polish glittered in it. "Well you and water seem to be getting along just fine right now." she joked as she splashed some on his shirt.

Mind reading, that could be a blessing and a curse for her. "Oh your right, that deffinitly is something important to know." she laughed, wondering what all he already knew she'd thought about. "Thats still pretty cool though"

Ginny Thompson

"Mmm" Trent replied. Could he tell her that he couldn't swim? Would she make fun of him? All his other friends from outside school did.
But Trent felt something different about her. Maybe he should. Yes he was going to tell her.
"Um..Yeah right now water and i mix but i ... can't ... swim" he stuttered but hoped she got the solution.
He tried reading her mind to see what she was going to say, but, he couldn't enter her mind a force was blocking it.
He hoped he didn't hurt her when he tried to do that but finally he got something. "Mind reading, that could be a blessing and a curse for her."
He read that out loud.
"Is that what you were thinking" he said impressed with himself.
"I'm improving" he thought to himself.
He smiled.