News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

An Afternoon In The Forest (Closed, Zepha needed)

Started by Ginny Thompson, August 3, 2011, 06:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Thompson

(This is closed unless invited. Zepha needed)

Trent walked alone to the forest jumper on his shoulder.
He was thinking about things he'd learnt today in class.
He had reached the forest and found a rock to sit on.
He and Zepha had organized to see each other before Christmas holidays.
He had waited alone he picked up a bunch of leaves that floated to the ground. It started to get windy. She still hadn't showed up.
He started tearing apart the leaves.
Maybe this would pass the time, right?
Trent had looked at his watch. It was late.
I should go to the commonroom he said to himself.
He continued to rip leafs apart.
If he waited any longer, he'd get into trouble.
Maybe just a few more minutes he thought.
He heard the breeze get heavier.
He put his jumper on. It was getting cold and starting to get dark.
He got out his wand.
"Lumos!" he said.
A flash of light appeared out of his wand.
"Ahh... that's better."
He stood up.
About to leave, when an owl dropped mail on the rock. He picked up. It was addressed to him.
He read who it was from.
Anonymous!
He put it in his pocket. He'd read it later.
He decided to leave. Maybe she couldn't make it.
He was upset.
He held his want high and placed one foot in front of the other.
That's when he saw it.
A silhouette! Zepha! She'd made it!
He turned around. Trent jogged over to it. It looked unlike a person but he was sure it was Zepha, it had to be.
The shadow came closer. That was not Zepha.
Then the shadow disappeared.
Where had it gone and who was it?
He moved over to where he heard it.
He moved closer and closer into the heart of the forest.
Nothing. Completely nothing!
He walked out of the heart and closer to the exit.
He came out to the rock he'd been sitting on before and placed himself onto it.
He looked around to where that shadow could have gone.
That's when he noticed it.
A box!
But before he could inspect or investigate it something happened. 
He started hearing noises the tree rustling and sticks on the ground snapping.
Trent looked up.
His heart started pounding fast.
He was nervous and scared at the same time. Could this have been the silhouette he'd been noticing or was this one different.
He didn't know. All he could do was hope. Hope that was a witch or wizard who he knew. 
Trent grabbed a tight grip on his wand, and stood up.
He walked over and he saw something a human shadow.
"Zepha?" he asked.
The choices you make; make you who you are

Crazy_About_You

Trent was ridiculous, absolutley ridiculous. What kind of moron arranges to meet someone in the forest, of all places. How in the world was she supposed to find him. He hadn's said by the small shed or on the trail. Nooooo he'd just said the forest. She was supposed to meet him over half an hour ago but she'd spent the last hour and a half looking for him; which wasn't exactly easy being how she had on a pair of flats and a skirt. "Trent I hate you so much right now!" She said outloud, knowing he wouldn't hear her.

Finally after another fifteen minutes of searching she was exhausted. "I'm gonna kill him" she said, again to herself. Where in the world was he. All of a sudden she heard something, sorta sounded like her name come from the west. She treaded over there, praying it was him, because if it wasn't she was going back to her dorm. She noticed a small clearing just about 20 feet in front of her and could see an outline through the trees. Thank god she'd found him finally.

"You are a jerk." she said as she entered the clearing on the opposite side of him. "Here" she said throwing a package at him. "I got you this.". She wandered over to a rock and went to sit down, her feet were killing her.

(( xD you said it was Christmas hollidays so I got you a gift ))
"You have to belive in something or you will fall for anything."

Ginny Thompson

"Zepha! You frightened the Heck outta me!" Trent said. He was just been in in forest for over an hour waiting for her to come.
Zepha threw a package at him and saw her sit on the rock.
"What's this" he asked? he wasn't sure if it was a Christmas Present or if it was something of hers.
"Is this a Christmas present?" he asked. He wasn't sure whether to open it or what.
So he opened it.
"Wow! Thanks! This is awesome" he said. He loved the present she'd given him he'd always wanted it since the beginning of Hogwarts. He thanked Zepha of her present and gave her the present for Zepha.

(What exactly did Zepha get Trent?:))

Crazy_About_You

"Good," she said with a sly smile "Cause I have been treading through this forest for two hours for you!". She watched as he opened the package, smiling as he did when he unripped the packaging.

"Good, I'm glad you like it." she said. It wasn't much,  just a watch on a gold chain but it seemed like something Trent would like. She only just met him and didn't know what to get.

As he walked over to her to pass her her gift she smiled, mentaly thanking him for not making her get up. Her feet were throbbing, after she opened this she was going to killhim for sure. Wasting no time she opened the package, grinning as she did so. "Hey thanks!" she said. "This is sweet!"

Ginny Thompson

He hoped Zepha liked it. He loved his watch. And she seemed as if she liked what he'd gotten her. A card, with Merry Christmas on it and a new charmed bracelet.
This was a good place to met up for Christmas, hey? he told himself.
He sat down on the big rock beside Zepha.
They started talking.
"So, are you going home for Christmas?" he asked her staring at her.
He wasn't as his parents were on a holiday and couldn't see him.
He wondered what she might do.
And whether or not it was fun.
He waited for her answer.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha stuck out her wrist to Trent and handed him the bracelet. "Help me put this on." she said as he linked the chain around her wrist.

Zepha glanced down at her wrist, now glistening with the shiny bracelet. "I try not to go home." she said, still looking down. "Its easier if I just stay here." That was partially true, but the whole truth is she didn't want to be home. Even though the broken peices have been phisically picked up, she could still see them and had no desire to.

"What about you, staying here or heading out?" she said, desperate for a subject change.

Ginny Thompson

Trent sort of understood why she was staying here (read her mind obviously). It must have been hard on her. Where as with Trent he was the spoilt child from his brother but never knew why.
"Me? Oh, I'm going to stay here. Mum and dad can't see me for Christmas. My brother is staying at uncle Bill's, oh i hate him but my brother loves him. Mum and dad are on a holiday on a cruise ship. I've never been on one. But they're going to Europe then Asia and back home. Personally i could just get on a broomstick and get there, right?"Trent laughed at his own joke, then staring into Zepha's eyes as she's not laughing.
He looks away.
"Wanna hang out during the Christmas holidays, my friends have all gone home and I'm all alone?"

Crazy_About_You

Zepha just stared at a rock as he went on about his family. Sounded sweet and happy and oh it made her sick. And jealous. She knew she shouldn't be, it wasn't his fault or anything. But for somereason hearing his happy story made her angry.

Finally she looked up from the spot on the ground she was staring at. "Sure, sounds good. I'll be here no worries." she looked at his face and saw that look. The look that meant he'd just read her mind. She started backtracking trying to remember what all she had thought and hoped there was nothing offensive.

Zepha liked Trent but that was one thing she couldn't stand about him. No matter how hard she tried, he could always find out what she was thinking. Whether it was playing a game or something serrious he was always a step ahead.

And that made things hard. She already couldn't trust anyone, and so far he didn't know that. But since he knew everything, that made her feel even more vulnerable, which she knew she shouldn't feel that way; but still.

As they sat  Zepha could feel the silence in the air, and it was loud. She looked at him, wishing she knew what he was thinking right now.

Ginny Thompson

Trent had read her mind. He had so many thoughts in his head, was Zepha upset with the things I've said?;What does it mean she can't trust anyone?; When was he one step ahead anyway?. He was annoyed and wanted to ask questions but didn't want to make it look as if he read her mind again. She would be angry.
Sometimes it was hard having a power like this. Sometimes he couldn't help reading peoples minds. It just happened, it wasn't his fault and besides he was really good with his power now. Zepha was the first actual demonstration and now he built on it. But sometimes curiosity got the better of him and he just had a peek in their thoughts. Now he was trying to see peoples memories.
"Zepha, um, this sounds weird but can i try seeing your memories?"

Crazy_About_You

Zepha felt her eyes bug open when he asked. It was an odd question, a good one but still odd. "Sure, I guess." she said with a shrug. She had a lot of memories but not all that many she wanted to share.

She searched through her mind and then began to remember the time she met Trent. He was in his common room and she started talking to him. He was socially awkward back then, which he still was a little but not bad. She remembered him grabbing her hand in a way to make her stay, and them going down to the lake where he managed to practically kill herself. Ever since that day they'd been good friends. There was nothing like a life threatening incident to turn an awkward aquaitance into a friendship.

"So, does it work?"
She asked. Even though it bothered her that Trent could read her mind she still found it intresting. The thought of outreaching yourself from your own mind and into anothers was something that she found astounding. When she first met him he wasn't very good but now he was, too good actually. Now it was to the point where it was almost impossible to keep a secret.

Ginny Thompson

"Thanks, I've always wanted to try this" he said smiling.
He lifted both his hands near her brain and closed his eyes.
At first it was a blocked memory, him seeing darkness with a few patchy blurs of her or him.
"No" he sighed. He was sad, Trent had always wanted to try this. But the freakest thing happened when he touched her hand.
Zooming, zooming into focus. Focused! He saw Zepha, then him. He grabbed her hand. She seemed to mumble something. Then Zepha was talking to a teacher. Looking at him! Teacher fixing him and them walking back to the common room.
Suddenly a force made tugged at him and he was taken back to look into Zepha's eyes still holding her hand.
"I did it" he said not sounding that enthusiastic but smiling. 

Crazy_About_You

Zepha watched Trents face as he searched threw her mind. It was kind of a funny face only recently had she been able to control giggles when he did it. A couple of minutes went by as Zepha waited on him to answer. She noticed a light snow that started to fall, dusting her hair in glittery flakes.

"Thats amazing." Zepha said, once he finally was done. It was cool how good at reading minds  Trent had got in the few months they'd known eachother. From barely at all to now reading her mind was astounding. "Whats it like." she asked him curriously.

Ginny Thompson

"Um..I guess cool. It's  not really an ability i wanted. Sometimes it's hard to block out peoples thought though..." He trailed off noticing the box he'd found before Zepha was here.
"Hey, Zepha , look at this" he said crouching down on his knees and running his fingers on the patterns at the side of the box.
He thought they were really cool designs.
He was curious to find out what really was inside the box.
He opened the lid slowly.
"Wow, Zepha come have a look" he said shocked but smiling.

Crazy_About_You

"Yeah, I saw that earlier what is it?" Zepha asked as she followed  Trent's gaze to a small box with little engravings on it on the ground. She let him look for a second and then got up to join him.

"What is it?"
Zepha asked again as she  peered over Trent's shoulder, she couldn't see over him.

Ginny Thompson

Trent sneezed.
The dust seemed to be coming from the thing in the box. He wiped a little bit of the dust away to read it. It seemed to be written in a different language.
"What do you think it says", he asked Zepha.
Noticing that she couldn't see, he moved over.
"I think it maybe a book" he said guessing.
He picked the object up.
"Yep, that's a book" he said confidently.
Flipping the page he noticed a dedication,

To (this bit seemed to be blurred) for using her smartness to help in the making of this book.

"I think this may belong to your house" he said lifting the book from his knees to hand over to Zepha.
The book was heavy, at least a thousand page book!
He let Zepha read it.
"So what do ya think" he asked.