News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

{Just Another Day} (Avalee/Axel)

Started by purpleraincloud, September 6, 2011, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Axel grinned, but on the inside, he was full of questions. How could she be like this? Happy as can be and kissing him? Isn't she angry? How can she forgive him for the way he had been?

She really was the sweet hearted girl he had fallen in love with, wasn't she? He took her hand.

purpleraincloud

She squeezed his hand. She just wanted to be with him. Simply to be there. To be with him. To absorb his presence. Just being together made her happy. She shook her head and looked down the smiling falling a little. She thought of everything. The past year. The very very long past year. This summer of starting over. Re-discovering herself....

She didn't know where to start.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

"So, what have you got to tell me?" Axel asked, pulling the hood of his cloak back up over his head. It fell right over his eyes, casting a shadow over his face.

purpleraincloud

"Well...a lot....and I mean a lot...has happened since we last spoke." Avalee said quietly. The bartender set down a frozen vodka-lemonade in from of Avalee. Her usual. Avalee gestured for coffee for him. She didn't know how long he had been at the bar or how many drinks he already had...but the coffee would help.

"So..." She said. Thinking oit loud. Where to begin?
It's just another day

Sky

"I don't want anything. I decided to quit drinking." Axel said. When the coffee was offered to him, he politely turned it down.

"So a lot. Like what?" He questioned. Not to be rude, but he was curious. Wasn't she seeing Seth? What happened to that?

purpleraincloud

"Well..." She said trying to decide where to begin. Hmmm, She thought. Might as well cover the light stuff first. She cleared her throat.

"Well!" She said folding her hands in her lap getting self conscious all of a sudden. The butterflies in her stomach intensified. "I got a few tattoos..." She giggled, nervously.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel raised a brow.

"Tattoos? Really? You never seemed like the kind of person to bare a tattoo. Let me see." Axel grinned as he leaned over to see if any were visable.

purpleraincloud

Avalee laughed lightly. "I just need a major change. But...it's true what they say...after your first tattoo you really can't stop...Here's my first." She flipped over her pale, thin wrist revealing a small sun outlined in black with little triangles for the rays around it. Around the whole thing in a delicate cursive read 'little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter'.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel's eyes traced the letters around the sun, frowning as he reached the end. It was almost the end of summer now, and it felt like a long cold lonely winter to him. He looked up at Avalee and brushed her hair with a simple movement of his hand.

purpleraincloud

Her immediate reaction was to quickly jerk back. Touch was so foreign to her. The touch of Axel...so odd. Familiar...but odd. She had mostly stayed away from people, besides when she went home this summer. It was a tad awkward after she jerked back. So she just took a sip of her lemonade.
It's just another day

Sky

She had avoided his touch, his hand brushing against air. Axel had frowned and turned away from her. The movement hurt him a little, but he couldn't blame her. Axel had ruined everything they had. He'd probably never have her heart back. How could she ever want him as her own again? There was probably someone out there who could give her the world. Axel had nothing to offer.

"I'm sorry." Axel said softly. He slid off of his chair and apparated outside. It was raining. The weather was cold, and the rain was bitter on Axel's skin. He sighed and tightened his hood as he started walking. Avalee deserved better. He didn't need to get her mixed up with him again. He was afraid that he would hurt her.

purpleraincloud

Before she could open her mouth to say, 'It's okay', Axel disapperated. Avalee groaned loudly in frustration. She immideately apparated outside, sensing that he might have been out there. Sure enough he was. And it had begun to rain. Lovely. Avalee thought to herself.

"You aren't walking away from me," She said, running to catch up with him. Grabbing his arm, she physically made him stop. "Axel! Listen. This is weird. I mean, a year ago I saw you DIE. Right in there!" She gestured back to the pub. "I saw you fight your own cousin to the death. I held you while you bled out. Then, only six months later, I saw you right over there," She gestured to an area of Hogsmead, "Kissing a girl. A girl who isn't particularly fond of me. And I though you were DEAD. But no. I then find out that you've been alive. You just haven't bothered to find me. Then I kiss your cousin! In some juvinile attempt to stick it to you, because you have hurt me SO much. Then I help speed up the divorce of your cousin and his girlfriend. And somewhere in the process I started dating Phoenix, and end up hurting him, too. Then you chose Alice over me. You CHOSE her. Not me." She paused sighing, showing all the desperation and frustration on her face. "Now you have two options Axel: You can get your a$$ back in that pub and talk to me until it's no longer weird, and we can kiss and be happy again. Or you can walk away from me right now. And I will be left here crying." She let go of his arm.

"But you need to make your decision. Do you want to try to make things work and move on with our lives? Or do you want to keep going on...." She looked for the words. "...like THIS. Because I have learned so much these past few months. And I'm in control of my life finally. I'd like to share that with you. But....you have to choose."
It's just another day

Sky

Axel watched, half surprised, as Avalee went on about them and their history. He had a choice. He knew what he wanted, but it wasn't always about that. He felt her loosen her grip on his arm and let go. That was when he came to a decision.

"I've made some terrible mistakes, Avalee. I can't take them back. I've been through so much and it wasn't until a few months ago that I woke up and decided to put my past behind me and change for the better. I wish I could have made better choices, I really do. I wish you understood what I really felt like and thought about during all of that."

Axel carefully took off his cloak and wrapped it around Avalee.

"I may have kissed Alice, but I have never ever felt the way I feel towards you around her. I don't want to be all dramatic and cliche', but this is the honest truth. I am and will always be in love with you. I always have been and the moment I saw you, my heart raced as I fell in love with you all over again. I don't know what more to say except that I want you in my life again."

purpleraincloud

Tears welled in Avalee's eyes for the third time that night. He loved her? In a milion years, Avalee would not have expected him to say that. At first it was all very confusing in her brain. But then it clicked. Everything fit. The clouds in her mind cleared up. "I love you too." She said rather loudly and a bit tired, her face still numbed into a shocked expression.

She threw her arms around him, holding him closer and closer. Wanting never to let go. His smell, the shape of him, it all felt so right.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel held her close as he brought his lips to the top of her head, planting a tender kiss atop her golden hair.

"Remember that." He whispered. "Because that feeling will never change."