News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

ch.1 Kiara's time

Started by Kiara Johnson, April 9, 2003, 11:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

(The name of the book is Shadow of the Dark Lord.  Chapter one is titled  Family)By Kiara Maul

It was a hot day at #4 Privet Drive. Young Harry Potter was working in his Aunts garden when, he looked up toward the road and saw the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his 15 years of life. When she turned and looked at him, a strange feeling came over him as if he knew her, had always known her. He suddenly felt very dizzy. Harry closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them, she was gone.

Aunt Petunia called Harry in for lunch. He happily put away the garden tools and went inside. Dudley was sitting in front of the tv as usual, eating his rather large lunch. Harry began to eat his jelly sandwich when there was a knock at the front door. Uncle Vernon got up and whent to answer it. Harry heard some voices and then Uncle Vernon returned to the kitchen. He hd a strange look upon his face Harry couldn't figure out. "What's wrong dear," said Aunt Petunia. He just handed her the letter he was holding. She gave it back after reading it with an odd expression. Then, turning to Harry Uncle Vernon said "Do you know what this is, boy."
"Err..." How was he supposed to know what it was about.
"It looks as though we won't be bothered with the likes of you any longer." Uncle Vernon said with a hideous smirk on his face. "Wha...What do you mean?" Harry said.

"Read this" Uncle Vernon handed the letter to Harry. It said...

Lily_Evans

please continue! I like it!

sweetlikepoison

Official Keeper of All Things Green and/or Shiny aboard the SS Fire & Ice

Ohh...
I wanna put my tender heart in a blender,
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion...
[/color]

Kiara Johnson

"Read this" Uncle Vernon handed the letter to Harry, it said:
Harry Potter is here-by released from the care of the Dursleys; his caretakers, and put into the custody of his godfather, Sirius Black. Mr. Black has been pardoned from the crimes in which he was accused and being the wish of Harry's deceased parents, Mr. Black is to now take full custody of Mr. Harry Potter.

Sincerely

Judge Broutner
Department of child services

Harry couldn't believe his eyes. He just stood there for a moment with his mouth wide open. This, was the best birthday present he could have ever received. "Well boy, you had better go get packed. Police man said that this Mr. Wasshis name would be here to pick you up tomorrow."

Harry didn't even take the time to correct Uncle Vernon on Sirius's name. He went straight up to his room to pack, after he sent word to Ron and Hermione, of course.

Next morning at 7am Aunt Petunia was pounding on Harry's door, "Time to get up yo ungrateful twit!" Harry rose from his bed quickly and went down to breakfast. All the dirty looks from his Aunt and Uncle didn't have any effect on him what so ever. He just ate quickly, went and gathered all his belongings and waited, very impatiently for Sirius to come. Even Dudley tried to get under his skin but to no avail. This was the day Harry had been waiting for and no one was going to ruin it.

At 9am Sirius pulled in to the drive, Harry barely let him get out of the car before greeting him. "Well hi there boy, Long time no see." Sirius smiled.
"How. Who?" Harry had too many questions. Sirius just smiled, "Lets just say, Dumbledore is a very resourceful chap, shall we?" He and Harry laughed. They didn't even bother telling the Dursleys bye, they just packed Harry's things and pulled out of the drive.

This was the first ime in four years that Harry Potter didn't want to go back to his school. These last few weeks with Sirius had been so great. He learned more about his parents than ever before and he and Sirius still had so much catching up to do. However he went to Kings Cross station and got on to The Hogwarts express with Ron and Hermione all the same. The three of them took a back compartment to themselves.
"So Harry, what was it like? I mean living with Sirius and finally getting away from those awful Muggle idiots?" Asked Ron excitedly.
"It was Great!" Harry replied excitedly, then Harry went on to explain all that they did and about his parents and Hermione asked, "What about Buckbeak?"
"Oh, he's doing great. I took him for a flight just yesterday>" Replied Harry with a smile.

Kiara Johnson

The sorting Ceremony was over, Professor Dumbledore stood up to make his usual beginning of term speech about the new rules and warning the first years about the Forbidden Forest. Then he paused and said, "I know it is most unusual, however we do have one more student this year. She has transferred here from the United States and is in her fifth year. Kiara Maul would you please come up to be sorted."

It was the girl Harry saw on his Birthday. She was about his height with long brown hair and green eyes. She smiled at Harry as she walked past. She sat on the stool as Professor McGonnigal put the sorting had on her head. It took some time, longer than usual, but finaly the Sorting hat said, "Gryffindor"
"Yes" Harry thought. She walked over to were Harry sat, "Is there room here for me?" She asked. Ron, seeing the look on Harry's face and after receiving a kick in the shin from Hermione, scooted over.

"Hi, I'm Kiara. I remember seeing you this summer. I went back to meet you but those Muggles you were living with said you weren't there any more. I bet you are very happy for that." She laughed. Harry introduced himself and Ron. Then after receiving a hard kick from Hermione he introduced her as well...

Draco Malfoy sat at the Slytherin table in complete awe of the girl who just walk in. "Figures she'd go to Gryffindor." He thought to himself. "Why do I feel so strange? It is as though I need to meet her. ... What am I saying, she's in Gryffindor and that, would be just too weird." His thoughts continued; but he kept finding his gaze wondering over to look at her.

When the feast was over, Harry, Ron Hermione and Kiara al l went up to the Gryffindor tower. When they got there Hermione took Kiara up to the girls dorm room and showed her her bed.

"Hermione? Who was that blonde sitting with the Slytherins?" Asked Kiara
"That, was Draco Malfoy. Best to stay away from that. He is a real jerk." Hermione told her.
That night, Draco Malfoy had a dream...

"Draco? Should we be here?" She asked. "Don't worry Kiara. We can be anywhere we want to be. Kiara, I...." But he couldn't finish what he was saying. For not even in his dreams would he allow himself the luxury of love. Draco Malfoy saw himself just standing there in the West tower holding her in his arms. He was crying....

Lily_Evans

Trixie Malfoy

*~*Trixius malfoy*~*

trixie for short, do not calll me my real name!

Kiara Johnson

Kiara could not sleep. She kept seeing that, Draco guy, every time she closed her eyes..She left the dorm room and went down stairs to the common room. Some one was sitting in one of the chairs,

"Who's there." She asked quietly.

"Oh hi Kiara" Harry replied.

"Couldn't sleep either, I see."

"No I couldn't, up for a game of Wizard Chess?" Harry asked her.

"Sure, why not."

After loosing two games, Harry decided to call it quits.

"Kiara, were are you from?"

Harry still couldn't get that feeling of knowing her out of his head.

"Well, I was born in England but my mom moved us to the States shortly after I was born. Said the Ministry had work for her there and also she would make more so, she went." Her smile was so warming to Harry. He felt whole when she was around him. It was like she filled that emptiness that he'd had for all his life. He wasn't sure how to handle this feeling.

"Don't suppose you've got a date for the Qudditch reinstatement dance do you?" Harry laughed nervously.

"Well sir, I don't suppose I don't, seeing as how I just arrived here tonight and all." Kiara laughed and playfully punched him in the arm. "If that is an invitation then yes, I would love to go with you."

Harry smiled, "Thanks."

Kiara Johnson

They were just sitting there talking and then Harry bent in close and...

"Mr. POTTER.." It was McGonnigal. "I think you two need to come with me."

"She is taking us to go see Professor Dumbledore." Harry whispered to Kiara.

"I know. I stayed here this summer after my mom died...Dumbledore is my godfather." Kiara told Harry.

Harry just about ran Professor McGonnigal over when they stopped. He was busy staring at Kiara with his mouth wide open in disbelief. Kiara giggled.

"Canary Creams." McGonnigal said and the gargoyle slid aside to let them pass.

They knocked on Professor Dumbledore's door. It opened up and they went inside. "Have a seat, you two." Professor Dumbledore said to Harry and Kiara. He and McGonnigal went in to the other room. When they came out again, McGonnigal left.

"Well it looks as though I need to tell you both something I should have told you a long time ago." Professor Dumbledore regarded the two of them before continuing...

Trixie Malfoy

o! i hate  cliffhangers, continue!
*~*Trixius malfoy*~*

Kiara Johnson

Kiara Johnson

"Well I guess I should start at he beginning...16 years ago, When Voldem0rt was in power, there was a young woman working for the Ministry. Voldem0rt raped her, more than once this happened to the poor girl. The Ministry moved her around several times but to no avail. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would always seek her out. She became pregnant. She knew the child she was carrying belonged to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named so she requested a move to the States. The Ministry told her that after the child was born, they would move her... As it came about she was pregnant with twins. One boy and one girl. After she gave birth the Ministry advised her to separate the children so that if Voldem0rt found out about the pregnancy he wouldn't know they were twins. She wasn't all together happy about this and could not choose which child to keep. She turned he back and told the nurse to take one baby and leave the other. They took the boy.

The boy was adopted by a couple here in England. Their names were James and Lilly Potter. The girl grew up in the States until last summer when the Ministry called on Aurora Maul once again to help in the fight against Lord Voldem0rt. He later Killed her in her own home. And now, he knows about the second child as well. "

Kiara Johnson

"Eeewwww---you almost kissed me!" Kiara said to Harry.

Harry just sat there with a stunned look on his face.

"Ok, let me get this straight. So, Voldem0rt really is my father. I was right about that. That part some how doesn't surprise me. But WHY didn't you tell me I still had family out there? Why did you continue to let me remain---well--empty?"

It was the first time in Harry's life he was actually mad at Professor Dumbledore. Harry was pacing the floor now. He just couldn't understand how Dumbledore could have deceived him. He felt very let down but at the same time happy that he now, had someone to call HIS family. Finally, he turned to Dumbledore and said, "I think I understand. I don't think it really was your fault. You were just protecting Kiara and I am grateful for that. Thank you."

Then he went over to Kiara and planted that kiss right on her cheek. Then they hugged each other. Kiara went to Professor Dumbledore and kissed his cheek. "

You dear, dear man. I can't believe how long this must have been burning to get out of you. Thank you, for keeping our secret. You have no idea the friends you've made tonight."

With that said the two of them, Harry and Kiara, left the office hand in hand like the inseparable twins they were meant to be.

Trixie Malfoy

*~*Trixius malfoy*~*

Kiara Johnson

Quote from: Kate Weasley on April 13, 2003, 10:18:03 AM
Hmm....Good plot!

Thanks..I'm gonna finish off the first ch now ,,,

The next morning Harry and Kiara went down to breakfast in the same manner they left Dumbledore's office the night before. Everyone in Gryffindor quit talking when they entered the hall.

"Everyone is staring at us," said Harry.

"So, let them stare. They will just have to get used to it cuz I certainly don't plan on letting go anytime soon. I just found you and I am not in any hurry to loose you again." She said it with such force that Harry couldn't argue. Not that he would have anyway. He felt the same way, after all. Instead, he just smiled.

"What's up with the hand thing you two?" Asked Ron.

Hermione looked a little jealous. Harry whispered to Ron and Hermione everything about last night and told them to keep it secret, for obvious reasons.

"Oh, how sweet" cried Hermione , now looking very happy for the two of them.

"What are you nutters Hermione? Didn't you just hear what Harry said? You Know Who their dad." Replied Ron in a rather squeaky voice.

"Oh, that, well I suppose we have always figured on that coming about some day any way. Right?" She replied.

Ron just sat there looking every bit as stunned as ever.

Draco was glaring over at the four of them,

"It figures, Potter would get her anyway. Famous Harry Potter gets every thing he wants." Draco thought to himself. Wishing for all the world that Harry would just drop dead.