News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

ch.1 Kiara's time

Started by Kiara Johnson, April 9, 2003, 11:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

End ch.1.  

Lily_Evans

Kiara Johnson

Ch.2 The Qudditch Ball

The Qudditch Ball, as it had become known, was fast approaching. Pansy Parkinson knew she was going to have to ask Draco herself because, he still hadn't asked her, or any one else for that matter. So, after classes were over for the day, Pansy found Draco in the Slytherin common room.

"So, are we going to the ball together?"

"What? Oh, ya sure." Draco barley replied.

"Well, see you later tonight?"

Draco had been making late night visits to her since the first night of school. Over the summer she and Draco had been seeing each other for a bit. They had broken it off when Pansy found him cheating with another girl. She wasn't really sure why she allowed these late night visits of his.

"Because he's so darn good looking that is why you git." Pansy thought to her self.

"Well?" She asked.

"Oh, ya probably." he replied, then got up and left the room.

"MEN!" Pansy stormed off.

"So, who you going to the dance with Hermione?" asked Kiara. "If you want to go with Harry I think I could give him up for a night." She giggled and playfully bumped shoulders with her.

"No, that's ok Kiara. I will be going with Ron. He asked me last night. Besides, I think it is great that you and Harry are going together. He is tons Happier now that he has found out he has family. It's like he is a whole person now. Before you, he always seemed, well, missing something. Hey! How did you know I like Harry any way?" She gave Kiara a shrewd stare.

"Well, you know that day when Harry and I came into the Hall holding hands, you looked really jealous. After we told you the whole story you looked muck happier. Kinda relieved." Kiara hugged Hermione. "Thank you for helping to keep our Harry Potter safe while I was away."

"You're welcome Kiara, but let me tell you, it hasn't been easy. Trouble always seems to find Harry no matter were he goes." She giggled then she and Kiara settled down into their beds and Hermione began telling Harry Potter stories...

Kiara Johnson

The day of the ball went by very fast. Before they knew it, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Kiara were headed for their last class of the day, potions with Slytherin.

"Hope this goes by fast," said Ron.

"I know what you mean, we get our new partners for the year, today." replied Harry.

"I'll probably get stuck with Goyle or someone like that, or worse, Malfoy." Ron frowned.

Kiara regarded them for a moment.

"It can't be that bad, can it? I mean they are just like us aren't they? Just kids in a school trying to learn."

Ron rolled his eyes, Harry choked and Hermione just sighed and shook her head,

They entered the dungeon room where Snape's class was held. They all four took a seat in the back of the room.

"Well class, like I said yesterday, you will be getting your partners for the year today. So lets get on with it. Potter you are with Parkinson, Granger you with Goyle. Ron, you and Crabbe and for our 4th Musketeer, Maul you go with Malfoy."

"I can't believe he's throwing her to the shark so soon. What a jerk." thought Harry.

Kiara froze. "Oh no. I don't think this is such a good idea." she thought.

Draco turned pale. He wasn't sure that being partnered with the girl who seemed to consume his every thought and dream was such a good idea.

"Is there a problem Maul?" snarled Snape.

"Err--no Professor, I - I just don't know who that is." Kiara quickly lied.

"Over there Maul." Snape pointed to were Draco was sitting.

Kiara reluctantly walked over to the table and sat across from Draco. He didn't even look at her. He couldn't let himself, he knew he'd be lost if he did.

"We will be making the Tretchal potion today. I'm sure you all studied and are ready to continue with it by now. The list of ingredients are on the board. Begin."

Then, Snape stepped out of the room.

"So, what part do you want to do Kiara?" Draco asked, still not looking at her.

"Well I guess I'll cut up the Ginger Root." Kiara replied studying him.

Then as she reach for the roots Draco reached for his knife and their hands touched. They shocked each other.

"Ouch" they said together.

Their eyes met just for a moment and what Kiara saw there scared her a bit. It was like looking into a snakes eyes. They held her there, immobile. Her heart began to beat harder then Draco quickly turned away and the feeling was gone.

After class Harry asked Kiara if Draco had been a Jerk or not.

"No, he really didn't say much at all." she told him.

"That isn't like him. Maybe his dad beat the crap outta him again and he just wasn't up to himself today. You got lucky Kiara." Ron said with a smirk on his face.

"Ya, maybe" Kiara replied quietly.

All she could think about was the way he made her feel when he looked at her. How much she longed to look into those eyes and find out what was behind that ghostly gaze. She sighed.

Lily_Evans

Kiara Johnson

"Kiara and I are going up the Dorm to get ready for the dance." Hermione broke the silence.

"What! You still have three hours until it starts." Ron exclaimed.

Hermione rolled her eyes and replied, "Well YOU DO want us to look nice don't you Ron." Ron shrugged his shoulders and giving Hermione's tone decided not to push the point. So he and Harry set off towards Hagrid's cabin and Hermione and Kiara went off to Gryffindor tower.

When the girls got up to the dorm room Hermione asked Kiara what was with her and Draco.

"What do you mean, Hermione? We just did our work and that was that."

Hermione regarded Kiara's reply for a moment, "It's just that I've never seen Draco look so ---well, scared before. When he was sitting with you today he was, almost polite."

Kiara hesitated then told Hermione about the way he made her feel when he looked at her and how he seemed to try not, to look at her.

"I think you should just stay away from him Kiara. Really he's just not the kind of guy you want to associate with."

Kiara wanted to say more but just sighed instead.

"Ok, it's six forty-five. Were could those girls possibly be?" asked Ron.

No sooner had he said this than Hermione came walking down the stairs. She was dressed in an evening gown that was silken red and had her hair pulled up much the same as she did at the Tri-Cup dance last year.

This years fashion, according to Witches Weekly, was Muggle gowns for formal occasions.

"Wow Hermione." Ron's eyes almost popped out of their sockets at the sight of her.

Harry had to step on his toe to get him to close his mouth.

"Thanks Ron. Kiara will be down in a moment." She smiled.

It was always amusing to her how women could totally mesmerize guys just by making themselves up a bit. Total control... She smiled at this.

Kiara came down wearing a dark green and black silken gown that fit her almost too good. Her dark reddish-black hair was down but had silver chains fixed about it. The chains had dark green gems of some sort mounted in them.

"Wow" thought Harry. "She sure is going to make this brother thing hard for me. How am I supposed to fight off the guys when she looks like that." Harry sighed.

"You both look absolutely stunning." he said.

Harry handed Kiara a small package.

"Dumbledore wanted you to wear this." Kiara opened the box to find a silver pendant.

"It's beautiful" she said.

Then Harry helped her put it on.

"Are we ready then?" They all nodded and off they went.

Lily_Evans

Kiara Johnson

It was an absolutely beautiful night. When they entered the Hall it was decorated in all the colors of the different houses. There were pictures of all the past and present teams an the walls and even had golden snitches, flying about this way and that. All the teachers sat at the head table and then came the tables for the teams. Slytherin was next to Ravenclaw then came Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.

Draco and Pansy were already seated at their table. Draco wore his usual high collard black dress robe. Pansy was wearing a blue gown. Draco glanced up at Harry and Kiara as they were passing by.

"Hi Kiara." he said quietly.

"Hi Draco." she replied.

Harry glared at Draco. Kiara nudged him in the ribs so he didn't say anything.

"What do we have here? A Gryffindor wearing Slytherin colors? Are you a bit confused or are you just as stupid as you look Kiara?" Pansy said with an evil grin.

"And what do we have here, but a common house sleeper with her pimp." Kiara snapped back in an even nastier tone.

"Good evening kids." It was Hagrid. Just in time too. Pansy was reaching for her wand, Kiara was not.

"Hi Hagrid!" Harry was glad to see him at this particular point.

"Ready for the game on Monday are we Harry? I see you brought Kiara ta the dance tonight."

Hagrid gave Kiara a squeeze and whispered " Ya otta be careful around that lot. They mean nothing but trouble. Pansy I think was about to turn your pretty self into a toad or sumpin."

Kiara laughed.

"I saw her move to her pathetic wand, I'm sure I can handle the lot of them Hagrid. Don't you worry about little me now." She gave him a kiss on the cheek then went and sat next to Harry.

Hagrid, blushing slightly, went off to the teachers table.

"What was that about Harry?" It was George, Ron's older brother and the new captain of the Gryffindor Qudditch team. "Draco starting' something?"

"No," Harry said. "HE wasn't the problem this time, if you can believe it. Pansy was the one that started it. She was being rather nasty to Kiara but, Kiara handled it quite well, I think." Harry looked at Kiara quizzically. "Why was Malfoy so nice to you anyway Kiara?"

"How am I supposed to know Harry? Maybe he likes me or something."

Harry and George laughed at this.

"The day that Malfoy git likes someone besides himself is the day this school turns upside down."

Kiara just rolled her eyes.

Once every one had been seated, Professor Dumbledore stood up.

"Well every one, welcome to the first ever Qudditch ball. I hope you all have fun. Let me introduce to you this years new teams and their captains then we can all get down to eating as I am sure you are all starved at this point."

When he was finished and sat back down their plates were filled with food.

"Want to dance Kiara?" Harry asked.

"Sure, that is what we are hear for, isn't it silly."

They went out to the dance floor and found Ron and Hermione. They told them of their run in with Pansy. They all laughed and danced a bit longer. Then----

"May I cut in Potter?" It was Draco.

Harry was about to tell him off but something stopped him.

"You ok with it Kiara?" He asked instead.

Ron's mouth fell open. He couldn't believe Harry was going to let Malfoy put his filthy hands on his sister.

Hermione pushed his mouth shut

"Just leave it be." she said knowingly.

"Sure, ok" Kiara replied.

Harry walked off to sit at the table and watch, just to be sure.

The band began playing a slow song. When Draco put his arm around Kiara's waist something passed between them. They paused for a moment. Then Draco looked into her eyes and Kiara was lost. She got scared and forced herself to look away.

"Thanks for all your help in potions today. I would have been lost with out it."

She could tell he was still looking at her.

"Your welcome Draco. Were is Pansy?"

"She went to go get us a drink, I think. It doesn't really matter, we aren't going out or anything. How about you and Potter? Are you going out or what?"

He just couldn't keep his eyes off her. The way her hair shined, the feel of her in his arms, the way she smelled. Everything about her was so intoxicating to him.

"He and I are, well, no we aren't together that way."

The song was ending and Draco found it very difficult to let her go when Harry came to collect her.

"Thanks for the dance Kiara I'll see you in potions on Monday."

"See you Draco."

She couldn't understand how she felt. She felt somehow very empty now that Draco had left her. Even being with Harry didn't help.

Trixie Malfoy

aww...! that was sweet! bUMP!
*~*Trixius malfoy*~*

trixie for short, do not calll me my real name!

Kiara Johnson

see, draco is just as missunderstood as Kiara is...lol

Trixie Malfoy

*~*Trixius malfoy*~*

trixie for short, do not calll me my real name!

Kiara Johnson

"What is going on with you and Malfoy? Pansy was fuming, you know. You had better look out for her." Harry said, a little annoyed.

The thought of his sister with his worse enemy, other that Voldem0rt, was hard to except.

"Nothing, I mean it was just a dance Harry."

Kiara was getting tired of people always making such a big deal over her and Draco. What was it any of there business any way.

"Who are you any way, Harry. My babysitter or something! Just keep out of it and mind your own business!"

She probably got a little angrier with him than she should have but, she was not in the mood to be questioned at this time.

"Well excuse me little princess! I hadn't realized you had such a thing for a**holes. You really shouldn't be hanging around with that jerk Malfoy anyway. I never should have let you dance with him in the first place."

Kiara just stared at Harry in disbelief. Was Harry actually going to tell her who she could and couldn't be friends with? This was a little more than she could stand. Kiara looked down, then snapped her head back up to stare at him Her eyes had become a really bright green.

" I suggest you just back off and let me be now, Harry. I'm walking away and trying to stop me definitely would NOT be a good idea." Kiara said, in a nerve splittingly calm voice.

Harry took one look at those eyes and decided to take her seriously and turned the other way.

Kiara was headed for the balcony to get some fresh air.

"Who in the H**L does Harry think he was any way?" She thought to herself.

Just then someone reached out and grabbed her pendant breaking it off her neck. Kiara turned to see who had done this. There standing in front of her and looking for all the world like she was very pleased at what she had done was Pansy.

"Oh no, it seems I have broken the widdle necklace off of the widdle Gryffindors neck. What ever is the poor thing to do?" She laughed.

Kiara looked down to were, just moments before, the pendant the her godfather had given her earlier that evening should have been. Kiara slowly raised her eyes to meet those of Pansy's. What Pansy saw was two red glowing orbs staring at her. She was frozen with terror. Kiara grabbed the front of her dress and all of a sudden Pansy started getting really hot. Hotter and hotter she became. She screamed out in pain as she felt her flesh burning all over.

"Kiara, NOOO!" It was Dumbledore, he raced over to the two girls. "Kiara, let her go!" He said forcefully.

Kiara reached down and grabbed the ruined pendant from the screaming Pansy's hand then released her.

"You were lucky this time." Kiara said in a calm voice.

Then with out touching her or using her wand in anyway she tossed Pansy screaming across the ballroom floor, turned and continued her way toward the balcony.

"Holy...." Draco said, choking on his pumpkin juice, at what he just witnessed.

He motioned to Crabbe and Goyle to stop Kiara. When they tried she just tossed them aside like she had Pansy and continued on her way. Draco started after her, not even stopping to see if Pansy was alright as he passed.

Dumbledore stopped him.

"You shouldn't, not now Draco. She might..."

Draco interrupted. "She won't hurt me. Somehow, I know she won't."

Dumbledore looked into his eyes and noticed something there.

"Ok, go see what you can do with her. I'll clean up this mess."

Harry started after Draco but Dumbledore stopped him.

"Let them be Harry. It is as it should be."

With that Harry nodded then went over to Ron and Hermione to tell them he wasn't sure exactly what was going on but, Dumbledore had it under control.

Lily_Evans

very good! (as usal) i like the plot, like kate said!

Kiara Johnson

"Go Away!" Kiara growled through gritted teeth.

"No, I'm afraid I can't do that Kiara." Draco replied in a rather forceful tone.

Kiara turned around to look upon him.

"What do you want?" She said angrily.

"I came to see if I could fix that for you." He gestured to the broken pendant she was still clutching in her hand.

Kiara handed it to him. Draco took out his wand and fixed it.

"Can I help you put it back on?" he asked.

Kiara nodded.

After he had fastened the clasp and laid the pendant against her chest she started to cry.

"Thank you," Kiara sobbed.

Draco then took her into his arms and held tight. At first Kiara struggled and tried, to no avail, to get loose. Finally however, she gave in and laying her head on his shoulder she cried. After a bit Draco loosened his hold on her, reached down and holding her chin brought her face up to look at him. She looked so lost.

"Why so sad?" he asked.

She just turned away from him and wouldn't answer.

Draco took her chin again and made her look at him. He looked at her the same as before but this time, some how, with more intensity.

"Don't look at me like that. It makes me nervous."

He didn't stop. Their faces were close, her lips brushed against his.

"Stop.."

Draco kissed her. He caressed her cheek then moved his hand to the back of her head and grabbing a handful of hair held her tight. His other arm was around her waist, he pulled her in closer.

After some time, he finally let her go and when he did his face looked really haunted.

"I--I'm sorry." he said then turned away from her.

"It, it's alright Draco."

She reach out and turned him back around.

"I think we have a problem Kiara--I---"

Just then the balcony door swung open and in walked Lucius Malfoy. Draco's father looked angrily at the two of them.

"Draco, come with me."

"Yes sir. Kiara I--"

"Now Draco!" Draco gave Kiara an apologetic look then left in the wake of his father.

Kiara stood there remembering for a moment his touch and the kiss. Then, silently she turned and walked back to Gryffindor tower. The dance was over for her.

Later that evening back in Gryffindor common room....

"Kiara are you ok?" Harry asked in a very quiet voice.

Kiara had spent the remainder of the dance sitting next to the fire.

"Harry? What am I supposed to do?" She started to cry again.

Harry went over to her and hugged her until she quit crying.

"Well for starters you might want to get out of that dress before people start thinking your nuts."

Kiara smiled at him. "Jerk" she said and hit him on the shoulder.

"Brat" he hit her back.

They wrestled on the floor a little bit then each lay on their backs looking up at the ceiling.

"Well I do believe that I must look crazy now, lying here in my dress on the floor and all."

That got them both really laughing.

"So, we had our first fight. Glad that's over." Harry said with some relief.

"Me too. I'm going to get out of this dress now. Meet me back here in ten." She rolled over and kissed Harry on the cheek then went upstairs to change.

Draco Malfoy sat by the fire in the Slytherin common room. He had no one to comfort him and no one to talk to. Everyone else had gone up to bed. His father had just told him that he would be spending the Christmas holiday at home. They had an argument about Kiara, Lucius didn't seem to like the fact that his son was interested in of all things, a Gryffindor, and an orphan at that. It went unresolved, as usual.

"So," he thought. "What is Kiara if not a witch. No witch could do what she had done this evening. And if she isn't a witch then what was she doing here at Hogwarts."

He sat there thinking.

"She's a sorceress."

Draco jumped. Snape had somehow come into the room with out Draco's notice.

"A sorceress? Then what is she doing here at Hogwarts? I thought only wizards and witches were excepted here."

Snape came around and sat opposite of Draco.

"She is also a witch. You see, after her mother died, Dumbledore took her in and thought that she needed to peruse both studies. That, is what she is doing here." Snape paused, "and as you can see, she's a very good sorceress too. Be glad she's taken a liking to you---"

It seemed he wanted to say more but stopped there, got up and started to leave the room

"Oh here, Kiara gave this to me to give to you, He handed a small package to Draco.

"Thank you Professor."

Snape left the room.

Draco read the card.

Draco please except this, it belonged to my Father. I want you to have it.

Kiara

Draco opened the package inside was a mans silver ring with the Slytherin coat of arms on it.

Kiara Johnson

On Saturday morning, Harry, Ron, Hermione and Kiara went down to Hagrid's cabin to visit. They sat around discussing Kiara's sorcery and how Dumbledore wanted her to study witchcraft as well. Kiara didn't mind all of the questions they had and it wasn't until, everyone began telling her how Draco was so bad and that they thought she could do better to stay away from him, That she got a little angry.

"I think that I can see whom ever I want. I appreciate you all trying to keep me safe and all that, but as you all know, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

Remembering last night they all nodded their agreement.

"But if you end up marrying Draco that would make him my in-law. What an awful thought." Harry shuddered.

"Ok, I guess I could get over it for your sake," Hermione said.

Kiara smiled at her then looked at Ron

"Don't expect me ever to be anything other than civil to that twit. He's just said and done too many awful thing to myself and my family. Sorry Kiara." Ron looked angry.

"That's ok Ron, I understand. Just don't loose sight of the fact that I am your friend, Ok?"

Ron smiled at her.

"Well it's getting late you kids had best be moving off back to the castle. Off with ya now."

They all said their good-byes and off they went. Kiara said that she wanted to stay and watch the giant squid for a bit, so the other three went on to the castle. When they were just about ready to enter the port-hole to the tower Harry stopped.

"Kiara's in trouble!" He shouted then, turned and started running back....

Kiara saw it headed their way. She really didn't think much of it for, these creatures were generally kind. Then it attacked.

Dennis Creevely was taking pictures of the giant squid.

"Get down!" Kiara yelled as she flung a shielding spell over Dennis.

The massive Dragonite smashed into the shield, knocking it to the ground.

"Hey! Over here!" She yelled getting it's attention.

When it turned on her she sensed it was being controlled, some how. Kiara had to think quickly, something to stop it without killing it.

Just as she was bring her will to bare on it, the creature, with surprising speed, struck. Kiara was flung across the yard and into the castle wall. Just as she was loosing consciousness she muttered "Stone!"

The beast had started another attack. It froze, mouth open to make the deadly attack, just inches from Kiara. The last thing she saw was the stone teeth of the Dragonite.

Draco was heading back from Qudditch practice when he caught the last few seconds of what had happened. He reach Kiara at he same time as Harry.

Kiara was laying on the ground, she wasn't moving and was bleeding quite a bit. Harry quickly conjured a stretcher and together he and Draco brought her immediately up to the hospital. Dumbledore was there, he looked rather pale. Madam Pomfrey took over and ushered them out of the room.

Dumbledore questioned them to see if they had seen what happened. Just then Dennis came running up the hall.

"Is she going to be alright? She saved my life, you know." He was really excited about the whole thing.

Dumbledore however, finally got the story out of him then turned to Harry and Draco.

"You two can stay with her until she wakes. When she does, one of you must come and get me. I think I need to look into this further." then he left.

Draco and Harry looked at each other. They both walked over to the now bandaged and sleeping Kiara, one seated on either side of her bed, each holding one of her hands in theirs. They both looked worried.

Ron and Hermione tried to go in but Madam Pomfrey said that they would have to wait till she heard from Dumbledore. So they reluctantly left.

Draco brushed her hair out of her face then bent down and kissed her forehead. Harry glared at him as he did so.

"So, what are your intentions with Kiara? She's not like those girls in Slytherin you run around with."

Draco looked at Harry as if he were blind.

"What is it to you any way Potter? Jealous because she chose me and not the famous Harry Potter?"

Harry started to laugh.

"You mean she didn't tell you? Oh, this is entirely too much."

Draco sneered at him.

"Well---what is it that is so funny that Kiara hasn't told me?" Draco said angrily.

Harry looked at Draco, thought a moment, remembering that Kiara wanted him to try and get along with Draco.  

"What exactly did Kiara tell you about us, her and I, last night?"

Draco told him.

"Oh, ok, well I guess I could let you in on our little secret. You see, Kiara is my twin sister."

Draco sat there gaping at him---

"No--Way." He finally said in disbelief.

"Yep, it's true. We only found out ourselves at the beginning of school. Ask Dumbledore if you don't believe me."

Harry was loving this. He finally had something to hold over Draco Malfoy's head. Something really good.

"Ok, say she is your sister, why were you separated and who ended up with who and were?"

Kiara opened her eyes and seeing the two of them she smiled weekly.

"Looks as though I've got the two best looking guys in school to watch over me." She said weekly then smiled and went back to sleep.

Thinking it best, Harry and Draco decided to go sit by the window, away from Kiara, to talk.

After about an hour or so, Harry had explained everything to Draco.

"Your father is Lord Voldem0rt?" Draco said shocked.

"That is what we were told by Dumbledore. It does all fit, if you think about it. Look at he pictures of Tom Riddle when he was here. I look almost just like him."

"Wow---this is just way too much for me. Don't worry Potter, you little secret will be safe with me. "

Harry and Draco shook hands for the first time ever.

"Boy, this is going to be weird." Harry said.

"Can't argue with you there Potter."