News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

ch.1 Kiara's time

Started by Kiara Johnson, April 9, 2003, 11:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

I know, it's an e not an a in Kiara's fathers name but when spelled correctly you get Voldemort.  And I don't want that I want it to say the real name.

Lily_Evans

please continue! :sunny:

Kiara Johnson

(I like your sun it is cool)

Harry heard his laugh. When he turned around, there, sitting in a high backed chair was Lord Voldem0rt, he was looking at Harry. He looked rather pleased with himself.
His red snake-like eyes burrowed into Harry who stared right back, unflinching.

"I've come for Kiara." Harry said angrily. "You had no right taking her."

"Well, if it isn't my favorite son, come to see me at long last. Well Harry, she's right there, take her, if you can. Or, why risk loosing your life when, all I really want is to have my family at my side. Harry." Voldamort said with an evil grin.

"You killed my family, Voldem0rt! I am no more your son than you are my father. James Potter was my father! Not Tom Riddle." Harry retorted angrily.

"Look out Harry!"

Just in time, Harry dodged as Voldem0rt threw the Crutatios curse at him. When he did, he got a little closer to Kiara. Again Voldamort yelled "Crucio!" Again Harry dodged, barley.

"You've made a mistake father. This spell is too strong for you, I can feel your strain." Kiara hissed at him.

Voldem0rt glared at them, his red eyes glowing with anger.

"I tire of all this playing. I'll ask you once more, join me now or die."

At those words, Harry jumped and grabbed Kiara. The two of them began spinning upwards. As they were leaving they heard Voldamort scream, "Adva Kadavra!"

Kiara sat up with a gasp. Everyone jumped. She gave Harry's hand a quick jerk but, to no avail. He lay there, not moving, not breathing. Harry Potter was quite dead.

"NO!" came Kiara's anguished scream.

Then, before anyone could act, she gather the full force of her will and, putting her right hand on Harry's chest, brought her will down full force.

"Kiara, no, don't!" Dumbledore yelled.

He was to late.

"What is she doing Professor?" Draco asked worried.

"She has gone in after him, Draco. Kiara is trying to bring Harry back from death."

"Can she do that? I mean, can it really be done?" Asked Sirius.

"Many Sorcerers have tried. They are all dead, now."   Dumbledore replied sadly..

Draco just stood there staring.

"Come on Kiara. Don't leave me now. You promised." He said quietly to himself; a tear rollung down his cheek.

Kiara had come against a black wall. She pushed on it with her mind. Just when it would seem she was getting somewhere, it would build it's self back up again.

"No! He's mine and you can't have him!" She screamed at it.

Then summoning all she had left in her she pushed one last time. The wall shattered. The force of the explosion sent her flying across the room and slammed her against the far wall were she lie there, motionless.

Harry sat up gasping for air then, passed out again. He was alive.

"My god, she's done it." Whispered Dumbledore, looking both shaken and relieved.

Draco went over to Kiara, sat himself against the wall, and cradled her in his arms. Kiara was drenched in sweat and her breathing was shallow but, she was alive.

Madam Pomfrey went to go and put Kiara into a bed but stopped at the look she got from Draco.

"Just put a blanket on them, Poppy. They will be fine there, for now." Dumbledore told her.

Kiara Johnson

"So, what now? Do you think they will be alright?" asked Sirius, concerned.

"I don't know, Sirius. Like I said, nobody has ever done this before. You see, when someone dies, there is this, Wall: it separates us from our bodies. Kiara had to literally destroy that wall in order to bring Harry back. What she has done, might just have made our Mr. Potter beyond death, he may, never, be able to grow old and die. I don't know for sure, but the thought of immortality might not bode well with him. What I do know is that, what has happened here needs to stay with in this room, for now. Now, I do believe we have a couple of people out side who want to see these two. Poppy, go ahead and let Mr. Weasley and Miss. Granger in."

Then, Professor Dumbledore, looking tired, went out. Followed by Professor Snape.

Hermione and Ron rushed over to Harry. Hermione took his hand and kissed him on the fore-head.

"What happened here?" she asked, noticing Kiara and Draco against the far wall.

"I see the two of you got my owl then." replied Sirius, smiling.

They both nodded.

"Got here as soon as we could. What was all the commotion about?" asked Ron.

"I think I'll go and see Dumbledore. Madam Pomfrey will be in her office if you need her. Malfoy can explain better then I can as to what happened."  Then, looking at Draco, he added, "What I don't hear won't hurt anyone."  Sirius said, then left.

Draco nodded his head in understanding that he was to tell these two every thing.

"So, what do you have to do with all this, Malfoy." Ron said peevishly, not liking the fact that he had to rely on Draco to tell him.

"Nothing, really, Weasley." Snapped Draco.

They both glared at each other.

"Oh, will you two stow it for now!" Hermione scolded.

Draco sneered at Ron then explained everything that had happened. When he finished, Hermione just looked down at Harry and kissed him again.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the library for a bit." Then she got up and left.

"You mean to tell me, that You Know Who killed, Harry?" Ron squeaked.

"Yes, Weasley, at least that is what we assume. Either way, Potter was dead, for a while. We wont know for sure until one or both wake up." Draco explained in a rather irritated tone.

"So, do we know how Kiara was found out?"

"Well, I guess that would be my fault. I told my father who she was so that I could be with her." Draco answered quietly.

"So, this is YOUR fault! I knew you had something to do with it!" Ron snarled at him, triumphantly.

"Look, Weasley, I didn't know any of this would happen --"

He stopped and glared at Ron.

"Why am I explaining myself you the likes of you. Just go attend to Potter and leave us alone!"

"Leave YOU alone! Don't you realize that if, YOU hadn't gotten your filthy hands on Kiara in the first place, they wouldn't even be in this hospital! Harry never should have let you dance with her in the first place."

Ron was so angry he was shaking.

Draco just stared at him.

"Ron, could you hold it down a bit, my head is pounding." Harry said from across the room.

"Sorry about that Harry." Ron said absently. "Oh, Harry, your awake. I'll go get Madam Pomfrey."

Ron glared once more at Draco then left.

Lily_Evans

Kiara Johnson

Later, Hermione came back. She didn't look pleased at all.

"What's wrong with you two?" She asked Ron and Draco.

"Oh, that, you know, Ron hates Malfoy and visa versa." Harry said from his bed.

"Harry! Your up!" Hermione rushed over to him and practically knocked him off his bed hugging and kissing him.

"Easy Mione." Harry said between kisses.

Dumbledore arrived a little later and when he got there he asked Harry to tell him everything he could remember.

"--- And that's all. The last thing I remember is hearing Voldem0rt yelling the killing curse at us. Guess he must have missed, eah." Harry smiled.

Everyone looked at each other.

"Then I woke up to Ron and Malfoy arguing." Harry finished.

Dumbledore gave the two of then a stern look.

"Are you sure you don't remember anything else?" Dumbledore asked Harry.

"No, nothing. I do feel a little weird, maybe just tired.

Draco was glaring at Ron when he felt a hand on his cheek. He looked down and saw Kiara staring up at him, smiling weakly.

"Have you been holding me this whole time?" She asked him quietly.

"Err, ya, I have. I thought you were going to leave me. Never do that again, ok."

He looked so scared. Kiara couldn't help but smile.

"Now, I thought I told you I'd never leave you. I made you a promise, and I don't break my promises."

Draco bent down and kissed her.

"I'll try to remember that." He smiled.

"How is Harry?" Kiara asked.

"Harry seems fine, thanks to you." Draco replied, with a note of pride in his voice.

"Hey look, Kiara's awake!" Ron pointed out, giving Draco a snide look.

"Draco, I think it is time we put our little heroine to bed." Dumbledore said with a warm smile.

Draco picked her up easily and put her in a bed.

"I could have walked you know." Kiara said teasing him.

"No, you couldn't have. I wouldn't have let you." He replied firmly.

"Could you possibly move me closer to Harry, please?" Kiara asked of him sweetly.

Draco rolled her bed closer to Harry.

"Is that close enough for you, your majesty?" Draco said, smirking at her.

"Yes kind sir, thank you." She said mockingly.

"Hi there Harry, how's my favorite brother doing?" She asked, wincing at the pain in her head.

"I seem to be doing better than you." He replied, a little worried at the sight of Kiara looking so weak and pale.

"I'm fine Harry, now that I have you back, anyway." Kiara said seriously.

"What do you mean, got me back? It was you who was gone for so long." Harry said, a little confused at her reply.

"I'm afraid we haven't told Mr. Potter what all happened yet, Kiara. Maybe you can enlighten him, and us for that matter, as to what exactly did happen after Voldamort threw the killing curse at the two of you." Dumbledore said, looking questionably at Kiara.

"Well Harry, it would seem that, well, err, ok, I'll just say it. Voldem0rt finally did what he had been longing to do to you for the last 15 years. He killed you Harry." Kiara paused.

Harry just sat there staring at her in disbelief for a moment.

"If he killed me then how is it that I am sitting here, talking to you, now?"

Harry was very confused. He could not grasp the fact that, he, was dead, at some point today.

"Well you see Harry, when you wouldn't come back and I realized you had died, I guess I went, sort of, mad. I went in after you, so to speak. It's really hard to explain but, I only know that I couldn't let you go. You are my brother and like I have said before, I am not willing to let you go any time soon. It took everything in me, and nearly killed me but, your back and I won. I beat death." Kiara said with a certain finality in her voice.

"Wh, what did you do Kiara?" Harry said, more than a little worried about her now.

"Oh don't look so worried Harry. You know that old saying, What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. And believe me Harry, if nothing else, it sure made you stronger."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, not sure if he was ready for her answer.

"I mean that, what I did to you Harry, in order to bring you back, I had to totally destroy that which keeps a person from their body, after death. I had to make you, well, immortal." Kiara tried explaining.

"What Kiara did, has never been successfully done, by anyone. Many people had tried and everyone of them has died. In short, what Kiara has done here today is well, a miracle."

Dumbledore tried explaining to an extremely confused Harry.

"So, that's were this mark on my chest came from then?"

He opened the front of his shirt and showed them.

"Oh, that, that would be the point of entry. You know, were I entered your, uh, body, so to speak. I've got the same mark on my right palm." Kiara explained, showing them her hand.

Harry's head was spinning. He wasn't sure how to take the thought of immortality.

"Wow, that's a lot to put on a guy, I don't know if, I, I mean, thanks, Kiara. I guess I really owe you my life. Quite literally speaking." He smiled a little at her.

Kiara smiled back

"You don't owe me anything, Harry. I'm just glad to have you back."

Kiara Johnson

Draco was sitting in a chair next to Kiara, he was thinking to himself.

"Weasley was right. If it weren't for me, they wouldn't even be here. Maybe ---"

"Draco? Are you in there?" Kiara was talking to him and he hadn't even noticed.

"Oh, ya, I'm sorry Kiara. What is it?"

"Are you alright? You look upset about something."

Draco looked over at Ron but said nothing for a moment.

"No, Kiara, I'm fine. Just thinking about, stuff. I'll tell you later."

Then he kissed her and smiled.

"Alright." She said after regarding him for just a moment.

Then she turned over and went back to sleep.

Madam Pomfrey came in just at that time and told everyone very sternly to leave.

"These kids have had a very long day and need their rest."

So, after saying their goodnights, they all left Harry and Kiara, alone, to sleep.

(End Ch.4  Next Ch.5 is called simply  Fights)

Kiara Johnson

Ch.5 Fights

They had been out of the hospital now for a week. Kiara had not seen as much of Draco as she would have liked. She figured though, like herself, he was probably being overloaded with homework and studying for his O.W.L's. Still, she felt as though he was avoiding her and she couldn't figure out why.

They were headed for potions right now and she was trying to hurry so that she could see Draco before class.

"Harry, hurry up."

She was trying to get him to walk faster.

"Why are you in such a rush to get to Snape's class, Kiara?" Ron wanted to know.

"Well, I was hoping to talk with Draco before class."

"Oh, is that all? You go ahead then, I'm in no hurry to see him, or any of them for that matter."

Hermione looked at the two of them.

"Why can't they just get along?" she thought to herself.

"Fine then, I will."

She shot Ron an angry glance as she walked on ahead.

Kiara got to the dungeon just as Draco and a couple of other Slytherins were walking up.

"Hi Kiara." Draco said, in a flat tone.

She looked at him for a moment, not liking that tone.

"Uh, hi Draco."

He turned away from her and started up a conversation with Crabbe and Goyle about the upcoming Qudditch game. So, Kiara just leaned up against the wall and waited for class to start.

"What is up with him? He really is trying to avoid me." She thought to herself. "I guess I'll have to have a talk with him later."

When the other three walked up, Ron looked rather pleased to see Kiara standing alone and away from Draco. Kiara noticed, She didn't have time to comment however, because Snape showed up and ushered them all in to class.

Snape was telling them about a potion for enhancing ones strength:

"It would come in handy for some of you."

He looked at Neville when he spoke.

"This will be on the O.W.L's test so you had best learn it well."

So, as he rapped off the ingredients, Kiara wrote them down.

Then he told everyone to get started and they would test them at the end of the week.

He left the room, then Kiara took the chance to ask Draco why he was acting so weird.

"So, what's up Draco?"

"Oh, nothing. Just busy, that's all. Why?"

"Well you seem to be avoiding me, that's all."

"I'm sorry Kiara, I don't mean to, it's just that, well, never mind."

Then he looked away and started cutting his roots.

"Ok, fine, be that way then." and she turned away and started doing the same.

After class, Kiara, Harry, Ron and Hermione went up to Gryffindor tower to study some more. They sat in the common room together.

"Trouble in paradise, Kiara?" Ron said in a bit of a nasty tone.

"Just what the Hell is that supposed to mean?" Kiara said dangerously.

"Oh, nothing, just looks as though Malfoy took my advise and decided you'd be better off with out him hanging around. That's all."

"What!" Kiara exploded, standing up and glaring at Ron. "What in the Hell did you say to him, Ronald Weasley!"

Kiara's eyes flashed and her voice came out in more of a hiss than human speech.

Ron sunk lower in his chair, no longer so sure of himself.

"I, I just pointed out the fact that you and Harry never would have been in the hospital and You Know Who wouldn't have known you were here had it not been for him." Ron spoke frankly.

"You, Dam it Ron! How could you do that!"

Kiara was pacing the floor now. The other Gryffindors were all standing aside, afraid of what she might do.

"Kiara calm ---"

"Don't tell me to calm down, Harry! Ron had no right to say that to him."

Then, turning on Ron she opened her mouth to speak but, instead of human speech, it came out in Parceltongue.

"If you ever interfere with my relationship with Draco again I swear, I'll kill you."

Ron gaped at her, Hermione gasped and Harry answered. He stepped between the two.

"You don't mean that, Kiara."

Kiara looked into Harry's eyes. He looked a little sad.

"I need to go for a walk."  She said.

With that, she stormed out of the room, throwing Ron's books against the wall with a flick of her hand, as she left.

"What did she say, Harry?" Hermione asked.

"I'll tell you later, no Ron, you don't want to know."

Then he turned and walked up to the boy's dorm and slammed the door behind him.

Lily_Evans

Kiara Johnson

Kiara walked straight to the Slytherin dungeon. When she arrived, she realized she didn't know the password to open up the porthole. She looked around quickly then, gathering her will she forced the painting to open the porthole. It made a rather loud fuss but in the end, it had no choice. She walked inside and growled.

"Were is he."

Everyone jumped when they saw her.

"I'm right here Kiara."

Draco had just came down to see what the noise was coming from the porthole.

"WE need to talk, now." Kiara said, angrily to him.

With a nod from Draco, everyone who was in the common room left. Draco motioned for her to sit and, they both walked over to the couch.

"I figured out why you've been such an a**, lately." Kiara started.

"Oh, really. And just why would that be, Kiara?" Draco said, raising his brow.

"Because of what Ron said to you in the hospital last week." Kiara flashed back at him.

"Ok, ya, your right. I'm sorry Kiara but, he was right. It was my fault. You, Harry, everything was my fault. Just because I couldn't stay away from you, I nearly got you killed. I did get Potter killed. I think, maybe Ron is right. Maybe I should ---"

"Don't you say it Draco Malfoy! I told you once and I am telling you again. It is not your fault! I would have done the same thing to be with you if I was given no other choice. Harry doesn't blame you and I certainly don't blame you. You have got to understand that. my father would have found me sooner or later any way." She paused to look at him.

Draco was sitting there looking at the fire, he looked really sad. Kiara relaxed a bit then, gently turned his face to hers.

"Have you even heard a word of what I said?" she asked, the edge gone out of her voice now.

"Ya, I guess. It just seems to me that every time I think we are going to be ok, something comes up to try and pull us apart again. I know, I shouldn't listen to anything Weasley has to say, he hates me. Not that there is any love loss here but, he was right, Kiara. He really was right this time. No matter what you say, it's still my fault. No matter how ---"

He didn't get to finish. Kiara had grabbed the back of his head and made him kiss her. They kissed for a long time then, when she finally let up, he had nothing more to argue about.

Draco smiled an evil smile at her then, he pinned her to the couch and started kissing her. His hands started wondering. Kiara let it happen just for a moment before she pushed him off.

"Sorry for that." Draco said with a devilish smile.

"It's ok," she giggled, "The only reason I stopped you was because I liked it." She then sat up.

They talked for a while longer then Kiara decided she had best get back to her own house.

They kissed goodnight and Kiara left. She felt much better knowing they had that taken care of.

"Now, all I have to do is sit and talk calmly with Ron." She sighed.

Kiara Johnson

When Kiara got back to the tower, it was empty, except for one person.

Ron was sitting next to the fire reading a book. He looked up from it when she entered.

"Kiara, I'm sorry for what I said to Malfoy. It was, the truth, though."

Ron looked over at her.

Kiara went and sat in the chair next to Ron's.

"Ron, I know you don't like Draco. I also know that you hate the fact that I brought him into your life the way I did. However, you need to, at the very least, respect the fact that he is going to stay. Ron, I love him and, I can't let you, or anyone else for that matter, stand in the way of what we have together. Both Harry and Hermione have accepted that fact, why can't you?"

Ron didn't answer that question for a long time. Kiara waited patiently. When he did answer he looked kinda sad.

"Kiara, you know why I don't like him. You also know that he'll never respect me. I just don't think that I can ever get over it. He is who he is and, I am who I am. I will however, try, for your sake."

After he finished speaking, he got up to leave.

"Ron, wait." Kiara walked over to him and gave him a hug.

The hug he returned seemed more of an, I love you embrace, than a friendly hug. Kiara finally understood, she let him go.

"This could prove to be a problem." She thought to herself as she headed for bed.

The next morning, Kiara cornered Harry before breakfast.

"Why didn't you tell me how Ron felt about me?" She said, hitting him in the shoulder.

"I, err, well, he didn't want me to tell you. He, Kiara, he's liked you from the moment he saw you. I don't know what it is about you but, guys fall all over themselves when you walk into a room. Heck, I even did, until I found out who you were, that is."

Kiara giggled.

"Ya, you almost kissed me. Yuk!"

They both laughed at that memory.

"Seriously though, what am I supposed to do about Ron?" She paused, "I know! You can find him a girlfriend!"

"Me? Why me?" Harry looked shocked.

"Well, you ARE, his best friend, isn't that what best friends are for?" Kiara said, looking as innocent as possible.

Then she gave him a big hug and headed down to breakfast, she and Hermione together, laughing.

"Girls!" Harry said watching them leave.

When Ron came down, he and Harry headed for breakfast.

"Hey Ron, when did you tell Kiara how you felt about her?" Harry asked.

"What? I didn't --"

Then he stopped. He remembered the hug he gave her last night.

"Oh, well I guess I had better work on forgetting about it, eah Harry? She actually told me that she loves the jerk, last night."

"She actually told you that? I'm sorry Ron, I wish that, well you know."

"Ya, me too."

They didn't talk any more about it. They just went down and joined the girls.

The only spot open at the table was next to Kiara so, taking a deep breath, Ron sat down. Everything was going all right.

"Maybe this won't be too hard after all." Ron thought to himself but, just then, he heard an all to familiar voice behind him.

"Hi, Kiara." Draco bent down and kissed her.

"Well hello, Draco. What brings you to our side of the hall this morning?" Kiara asked playfully.

Ron gritted his teeth.

"Just wanted to invite you to a party we're having down in the dungeon tonight, sort of a pre-game thing. Or at least that's the excuse. So, will you come?"

"Sounds fun, ya I'm game."

She reached up, grabbing his head and brought it down so that she could kiss him.

"See you at potions later." Draco said, smiling at her.

He couldn't help but notice that Ron was only just barely controlling the urge to say something to him. Draco smirked at him then, turned and walked back to his table.

Potions was their last class of the day and after it was over, Ron, Hermione and Harry started back to the tower.

"Kiara, aren't you coming?" Ron asked.

"I'll see you guys later, I wanted to hang out with Draco for a while."

After giving Draco a nasty look then, Turning to Kiara, Ron said, "Ok, but try not to be too late. I was looking forward to a good game of Wizard Chess."

Kiara smiled.

"See you later, Ron."

Then, she and Draco walked off towards the Slytherin Dungeon.

"What is up with Weasley, any way? He acts as though he wants to own you or something." Draco said to Kiara, with annoyance.

"He just, well he doesn't like you, Draco. He hates the fact that I'm with you and seems to be having a hard time accepting it." Kiara told him, leaving out the part that he also liked her, of course.

"It's not as though I like him either but, you'd think he'd mind his own business, at the very least." Draco said , angrily.

Kiara didn't say anything.

It was getting late and Kiara still hadn't come back. Ron, realizing that maybe, she wasn't going to get back any time soon was getting rather angry.

"Stupid jerk, probably got his filthy hands all over her down there!"

Ron was pacing the floor.

"Why couldn't she have picked someone else? Any one would have been better than that jerk. Why did it have to be Malfoy?"

"Oh, Ron, stop it!" Hermione had heard enough. "You'd be upset no matter who she was with. Unless it was you, and you know it."

"No, Hermione, that isn't true. I wouldn't be mad if she chose some one else. Someone who I know would at least never hurt her or put her directly in the path of You Know Who." Ron spat back at her.

"Oh, Ron. He didn't mean for anything to happen to Harry or Kiara. You know that! You just want her here so that you can try to get her to leave him. It won't work Ron so, just learn to live with the fact that, YOU CAN'T, Have, Kiara!"

With that said, Hermione gathered her books and, giving Harry a kiss, she went up stairs to finish studying.

Ron just stood there with his mouth hanging open for a bit. When he finally came around, he flopped into a chair.

"She's right, Harry. I can't have her. I think I need not to think about her for a while."

Ron picked up a book and began thumbing through it. He then noticed that the book he was holding belonged to Kiara. He quickly put it down then, got up and stormed off to his room.

Harry was left to himself. He just shook his head, knowing there was nothing he could do, and then returned to his books. O.W.L's were starting next Monday, after all.

Kiara came in late and went straight to bed. After a bit, Hermione rolled over.

"So, did you have a good time?" She asked.
Kiara giggled.

"Ya, Hermione? Do you and Harry ever, you know, make-out? You don't have to answer if you don't want."

Hermione giggled a little too.

The two girls sat up very late discussing Harry and Draco. They were talking about things that The boys, most likely, wouldn't want others to know. It was nearly dawn before they fell asleep.

Lily_Evans

BUMP! "Parting of ways" sounds famailur

Kiara Johnson

(lol, I know, I just couldn't think of anything better for this chapter.  you'll see.)

A Parting of Ways

Saturday morning came early. Kiara and Hermione came sleepily down stairs to meet with Ron and Harry for breakfast.

"Morning guys." Kiara said sleepily.

"Morning." Harry replied.

Ron wasn't speaking to the girls, he was still stewing over last night.

Kiara opened her mouth to say something about his rudeness but, Harry stopped her. She just shrugged her shoulders and the four of them walked silently down to breakfast.

Harry had to hurry, the team was practicing one last time before the match on Sunday. When he had finished he gave Hermione a kiss and was off to the pitch.

"So, you two want to go to the library with me to study some more?" asked Hermione.

"No, I'm going to see Hagrid for a bit." Ron said shortly, and then he got up and left.

"Boy, he's got it bad." Hermione said, watching Ron walk off.

"Well, maybe you should go talk to him. I would but, Draco is getting upset about they way Ron acts around me. I don't want them to end up hurting each other."

"Maybe your right, Kiara."

Then Hermione too left the table after Ron.
Kiara Sighed.

"Why such a big sigh, Kiara?"

She nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Oh, hi babe. Nothing just tired, that's all." She lied.

"Oh, did I keep you up too long last night?" Draco smiled playfully at her.

"No. Hermione and I sat up too long discussing you and Harry." Kiara returned his look with a devilish one of her own.

"Oh, is that so, what did you say about me?"

"As if I would tell you." Kiara smiled.

"Whatcha doing today? Maybe we could go in to Hogsmead with the others." Draco said.

"Sounds good to me. I need some more chocolate anyway."

The first thing they did when they go there was buy Kiara some sweets. Then, they went over to the Three Broomsticks. When they walked in, Kiara noticed Ron sitting with Seamus and Dean. She waved at them; Seamus and Dean both waved back at her. Ron did not. He just looked down at his hands.

"Is he acting like an a** just for my benefit, or is he jealous because I'm with you? Not that it matters either way. It does my heart good to see Weasley upset." Draco sneered at Ron.

Kiara just sighed then, went and bought them each a butterbeer. She returned and sat next to Draco, noticing he had chosen a seat across from Ron.

Draco, making sure Ron was watching, leaned over and Kissed Kiara. He noticed Ron staring, gritting his teeth in anger.

"So, he does like you Doesn't he, Kiara?"

Kiara took a drink from her butterbeer before answering.

"Yes, Draco, he does. You however, have nothing to worry about so please, just leave it alone."

"Oh, I don't plan on doing anything." Draco said, a little to easily for Kiara.

She regarded him a moment.

"Please, just leave him alone. He is still my friend and Harry's best friend. All you'd do is make my life very difficult." Kiara pleaded with him.

Draco smiled at her, took a long drink, and said nothing.

"Hi, Kiara, Slytherin."

Harry just walked in with Hermione. Harry bent down and kissed Kiara on the cheek, and whispered to her asking if everything was ok. Kiara nodded and Harry walked over to sit with the others.

"What did Potter say to you?" Draco asked, peevishly.

"That, my dear, is between my brother and myself." Kiara retorted, loftily.

They didn't talk for a long time. They just sat there looking at each other and drinking their butterbeers.

"Doesn't look like they're too happy with each other just now, does it Harry?" Ron said, happily.

"Ron, you are absolutely terrible." Hermione scolded.

Ron looked over at Kiara, letting his eyes move over her slowly, so as to catch every detail of her face. Then he let his gaze move to Draco, his expression changing automatically to pure hatred. Draco returned his look and held it before returning to his drink. Ron then looked at Harry.

"He knows" Ron said quietly.

"That can't be a good thing." Harry replied.

"I don't know, maybe he'll be more careful not to hurt her if he knows she has someone who wants her, standing in line." Ron said, looking at Kiara again, with a longing expression.

Draco knew that look, and, he did not like it one bit.

"Let's go Kiara, if the -- your friend, doesn't quit looking at you like that, I'm going to curse his eyes off, or something."

Draco gave Ron an angry stare. One that Ron returned all to happily.

"Just a minute, let me go say by to Harry and Hermione first."

Kiara got up and went over to Harry.

"We're going back now, what are you guys doing tonight?"

"We are all going to study together in the tower. Are you going to join us?" Harry replied, hoping she would.

"Ya, I think I will."

Kiara bent down and gave Harry a kiss then, whispered to Ron.

"Stop it."

After which, she and Draco left.

Kiara Johnson

Kiara and Draco decided to walk back to the school. Draco was odiously very angry, which made Kiara worry for Ron. She looked up at Draco as they walked, wondering rather she should bring the subject back up or not.

"Defiantly not." she told herself and, they continued on in silence.

"Stop it, she says! Why should I stop? If she can do what she wants and go out with a Slytherin then, why shouldn't I do what I want?"  Ron was saying.

Dean and Seamus looked at Ron as if he were crazy.

"I don't know, Ron, if I were you, I'd leave them alone." Seamus said to him.

"Seamus is right, Ron, maybe --"   Hermione started.

Ron interrupted Hermione, angrily.

"I'm not going to leave them alone."

"Oh ya, that's right, your Ron and you are to thick headed to realize what your doing to Kiara." Hermione stated quite calmly. "Come on Harry, lets go."

Harry gave Ron an apologetic look then, left with Hermione.

After dinner that night, Harry, Ron, Kiara and Hermione met in the common room to study, just as planned. Things seemed to be going fine for a while until, Kiara noticed Ron staring at her again.

"Will you stop staring at me like that Ron, it is making it hard to concentrate on my books."

For the past two hours, Ron had been staring, watching her. Kiara was starting to feel very nervous. Harry, who loved them both and didn't want them to fight any more was about to step between the two of them when, Hermione stopped him.

"This is between them, Harry. There is nothing we can do." She said quietly.

Hermione knew this was tearing Harry up. Watching his best friend and his sister fight like this.

"I'm sorry Kiara, I didn't realize that you only allowed snakes to look at you." Ron growled at her.

"Ron why don't you just -- never mind."

Kiara went back to her books.

"No, why don't I just what, Kiara." Ron spat.

"Nothing, Ron, just, please, forget about it." Kiara replied calmly, looking at him.

They held eye contact for a moment then, Kiara got up and left the room.

"You alright Ron?" Harry asked.

"What? Oh, ya, Harry" Ron replied after some time.

Then, he turned and went up to bed. He didn't go to sleep, however. He lay there on his back staring at the ceiling.

"Why is it that Malfoy always gets everything I want. I know I can make Kiara see that he's not right for her."  He thought to himself.

He wanted to stop thinking about her but, couldn't so, he just laid there for a long time before finally falling asleep.

"I'm worried about him, Harry." It was George. "All he did when he came home for Christmas was talk about her. Why does she have to be with that Malfoy jerk, anyhow? She could have her pick of any guy in this school and, she chooses Malfoy. Women! I just don't understand them." George shook his head, "Don't stay up too late, Harry. We've got that game tomorrow."

"Ya right, George. I won't." Harry replied.

He gathered his books, turned to Hermione, kissed her and then, went off to bed.

Lily_Evans