News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Letting off some steam

Started by Ginny Weasly, October 13, 2007, 07:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

I have been here since 2003. I am what is considered a 'senior member' and I think it's about time for me to look at all you N00bs and shout "Knock it off!"

How many of you even read the books before? Do any of you realize that electronic equipment such as cell phone, i-pods, and regular phones even do not work near Hogwarts? Hermione brings it up several times. These things don't work because magic interferes with the electricity! And yes, things with batteries have electricity.

And seriously, if you are supposed to be at Hogwarts, why would you spend all your time 'partying'? Now c'mon, I know you guys aren't losers, but how many 'wild' parties have you been to in your short lifespans? I'm almost 17, and I've been to a total of 2 'wild' parties. And, I won't lie to you, it's hard to count how many parties I've been to where drinking was a major factor. But they weren't wild. It's things like 'wild' parties that make most people think that teenagers are good-for-nothings.

And some of you need to stop and think before you reply to a thread. Especially if it's an RP. RP's are story's, and randomly adding something stupid is disrespectful to those who actually like doing these RPs. Don't join an RP and take over it. How do you know if that person had a plan for the RP or not?

Also, I think you should all be aware of Kiara's stories. As a general rule, we have followed those for a basic storyline. I suggest you at least find them and skim through them.

Again, I've been here for four years, coming up on five. I've seen internet fights come and go, about more important things then imaginary characters. Now seriously, people! Get a grip on reality! Just cause your character is 'dating' another doesn't mean a d**n thing when the world goes up in flames. As for 'so-and-so's mine!' I just want to shoot the people who do that. It's annoying as hell. In life, you can like as many people as you want, and nobody can stop you. Why not on a forum. Just don't start a serious fight over it. Now, an RP fight would be interesting, as long as it isn't too ridiculous.

Now, this site isn't a popularity contest. If it was, I would win by default (that was a joke, losers). You don't have to be 'pretty, skinny, sexy, hot' or anything else. I mean, c'mon! I have Ginny a bit pretty, but I wouldn't call her a beauty. She's average in weight, a bit short and the most remarkable thing about her appearacne is her hair!

Think about you. The real you. What don't you like about yourself? A character has to have some flaws, right? Ginny is a depressive maniac who can't control her powers half the time, or her emotions. She gets upset easily, and hates the smell of blood. Plus, in most cases, she's a total klutz.

Does that sound perfect to you? I spent a long time developing Ginny this way, so I don't expect you guys to have great characters in a few days. But I hate shallow people. They annoy me.

Now, if you have read that entire rant, I offer congratulations. And my best wishes. Hopefully, you will follow some of my advice. I love this forum very much. This is my escape from life, when my own depression gets the better of me. I'm sure you would like this to be such a place for yourself, which is good.

And if you have flames, you can post them here if you want others to see your stupidity. Or you can PM me. I'll read it either way.
~:Ginny:~

[Addition]
Yeah, guys, I applaud you for wanting to be involved. But you don't have to reply to every thread as soon as possible. Here's a hint: wait for the right time! Give the current story some time to develop. If the RP is in it's beginnings, with many opening, go ahead and reply. If you can't think of anything to reply with, then DON'T.
Nothing is worse than a forced entry.

[Addition]
I also have a problem with post length in RPs. I understand how sometimes there seems to be nothing to say, but really, one-liners can get rather annoying. You need to describe things, guys. You need to tell how your character feels, how they look, what they plan to do. Explain, not only with dialogue, but in actions.
Don't make your character just stand there and talk, include as much as you can think of. And always make sure it coincides with the rest of the RP. If you don't get what I mean, go read some of the old threads.

[Addition]
You wanna know something? You are all n00bs. And n00bs are stupid.
You classify as a n00b if you do any of the following;
1.) Always (in RPs and OCC) type without punctuation, proper spelling, and/or grammar.
2.) You feel the need to jump down others member's throats because your so-called intelligence has been mildly insulted. Get an ego check.
3.) You think your opinion about everything is the only one and that yours is the right one. Shut up. No one loves you, and no one cares.
4.) You have the balls to try and start a fight with someone much more literate and smarter than you. Just. Don't. You will be made to look like a fool.
5.) You think your character is the "main" character of this site. Um...no. They aren't.
6.) You think everyone wants to join the RPs you have made. No, we don't. Because you type like a little kid and act like an idiot.
7.) You joined within the last 6 months.
And if you don't like it, deal with it.

[Addition]
When entering an RP, think about how you want the characters to establish contact. It's okay to first reply without making contact, but after that, if the person who made the RP doesn't establish contact, you should! Don't just type one friggin' line about how you noticed someone!

[Addition]
Again...post length. Now, it doesn't have to be like...nine million lines long. Not everyone is able to churn out the kind of responses Xaver and myself can.
But what you guys CAN do is put more than what your character says. You can also put more than one action. As Harry (the old one) always said, how often do people just say one or two words and move one part of their body? Not only that...it seems like none of your characters ever think anything!
Here's some examples.
Do NOT do this;
She smiled. "Thanks."

Do something like This;
Ginny smiled, nodding her head with gratitude, "Thanks so much." She told him, shaking his hand. "I really appreciate this. I'll never forget it." She really was happy about his helping her, for few people ever did. It meant a lot to her that someone was willing to go out of their way for her.

[Addition]
When in an RP, try and give everyone a chance to reply. Sometimes, the opportunity is just too good to pass up, but make sure you leave an opening somewhere where people can come back in.
BE PATIENT when waiting. Just because you are online doesn't mean the rest of us are going to be. I get on at the strangest times, and half the time I don't reply to anything. When I'm good and ready, I will post.
Not before.

[Addition]
I reiterate.
Ginny is going to be more powerful. Because guess what? I've been on this site for five years, I've earned every power. Deal with it. If I power play a little bit, it's because I know how tempting it is for you guys to power play a LOT.
I've sage advice, you know.

[Addition]
Spam is EVIL. If you want to have a friggin' conversation, do it in PMs. Do not start random conversation n a topic unless the topic is made for such things! That's why there are such topics.
I saw someone say "Well, then we will talk about the topic and only the topic."
THAT'S THE POINT YOU NIMRODS!
And when someone tells you to stop it, don't argue. JUST STOP. It's not that hard!
Fighting on the internet is like racing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you are STILL RETARDED.

[Addition]
Like Billie and Sky said, if you join a topic, do NOT make it about you unless you have the creator's permission. If you want an RP about your character, then make a new one!
If nobody joins, then nobody cares about it. So too bad.
Certain times, changing the initial subject of an RP is ok. If the creator writes themselves out, if you guys have hit a wall, if you need just a little something to spice it up. Don't go into an RP about one thing and make it about how your character is so smart and strong and powerful. You just look like a jerk ontop of being a n00b.

[Addition]
I know you guys love Twilight. I have yet to read it, but it appears to be very interesting and a good story. But here's the thing. WE ARE A HARRY POTTER FORUM! It's okay to use some material from a book you love. But honestly, you guys have GOT to remember where you are! Vampires are NOT that common in England in the Harry Potter universe.
Please, restrain yourselves.

If you must have a vampire, let's get some things straight.
1.) They don't live forever. Just longer than humans, by a few hundred years.
2.) They are MORTAL. Which means they can die from being punched in the nose the right way.
3.) They don't HAVE to feed from humans. They just like it better, and it's more nurishing.
If you have any questions, please PM me.

[Addition]
DO NOT make a million characters until you have one really good one! Having more than one charatcer is stupid when you can hardly write with the one you have. Please try and improve your first character before you consider making a second one, ok?

[Addition]
Your characters have a boyfriend/girlfriend. Well, good for them. But that doesn't mean that YOU have a boyfriend or girlfriend!
Don't take internet romantic relationships seriously! They count for NOTHING. Not to mention, having your characters become engaged at 12 is stupid. If you want your characters to get married, make a future RP.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Shara2007

I love that post. Ginny I also agree with you
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

natalie

I agreewith you about the boyfriend thing even though i am new. i think its stupid!!!ROCK ON!!!!!
Love Natalie
NaTaLiE

Ginny Weasly

My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LordBlaZe

lmao WOW, i'm pretty sure you kept that in for a while. I just wanna say sorry if i did any of those, but i don't think so cause my character is based on just chilling and quidditch. You got me on the partying thing though lol
Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Fifteen Percent Concentrated Power Of Will
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain
One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name

fudge0604

Ginny i agree to! When i came here ( for 2 months ago...) I was a NOOB!
I was thinking that I were the one who could take the storylines and change it just like I wanted.
But now i've got Rp, But it is a little hard for these new guys who never have read one of Kiara's storyes! I have read some but not as much as you Ginny! And yes it have been a lot of partying now and no classes and that stuff! I have waited for a class Rp in a long time. And i'm sick of partying partying. I am now going too get some old Kiaras story's read!

PS. I am a klutz too and I am soon gonna take and make my profile again. Because in the start i just wanted too just PERFECT but i'm seeing now on nearly everyones profile: Beatiful, Skinny, Really hot!
That is just dumb.

Post Potter depression.

Vanessa

--Taken--

Kilynn

i got kissed lol ;p "If ur having problems with someone, walk a mile in their shoes, then you are a mile away, and you have thier shoes"-Annonymous~

Maya Hexo

Seth

I'd have to agree with you Ginny. I'd have to say that I have read the books and they aren't about partying. I haven't been here very long and I really don't like how they girls are constantly all over the guys. I hate dramatic people. They just really get on my nerves. I like it though that people have cell phones and ipods and stuff tho, its kinda a twist on Hogwarts.

harrypotterfan:)

hehe so many new people....sorry I haven't been on a while....nice speech Ginny ;)
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

fudge0604

Post Potter depression.

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: Seth on October 14, 2007, 05:08:14 AM
I like it though that people have cell phones and ipods and stuff tho, its kinda a twist on Hogwarts.

This one bothered me a bit, but not as much as the rest. I've seen people pull out CD players and such, but they would stop and explain that it took them a bit, but they had gotten the machine to work with the magic, instead of against it.

As for cell phones, service would be unavailable, if you stop to consider it. So far away from civilization, and towers don't go far. Besides, the magic spells used to protect the school from muggles wouldn't allow service.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

harrypotterfan:)

yeah people....this is why we have a magical school that TEACHES us MAGIC.....lolz....hey Albus long time no see ;D
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

fudge0604

Yeah.... And I agree there with you Ginny abaut those cell phones and that stuff.

Post Potter depression.