News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The films isn't any good

Started by The phenix, November 30, 2003, 01:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The phenix

I think the films isn't any good. Is anyone agree.
I like the book much better than the movies.

Kiara Johnson

I agree that the books are much better however, I still love the movies as well.  I own them both so far and plan on owning them all, and have seen them countless number of times.  

Like any movie derived from a book, it is plain and simple that one can not make it better than the book for the reason that you can't put evcery thing in the movie, it would make it way to long.   ;)

Crazytumbler

Quote from: The phenix on November 30, 2003, 01:26:59 AM

I like the books more...but I still Love the movies!! They just can't go into as much detail or they would last forever!

The phenix

I don't thin it is the same feeling with movies then with books.
For me. I don't think the movies is so good, it misses so much things. Like in Lord of the rings It is many things that is in the book that isn't in the movie.

Kiara Johnson

as I have said, you can not expect the movies to be as good as the books, no matter what movie you are talking about, it is impossible.

The phenix

Quote from: Kiara_maul on November 30, 2003, 07:14:00 AM
as I have said, you can not expect the movies to be as good as the books, no matter what movie you are talking about, it is impossible.

Yea but I thinks the movies sucks. The movies is not good they are laim.

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

And you are entitled to your opinion, but you could be a little less negative, eh?

I love the books.  The movies for me... well, the only thrill was actually knowing they made these wonderful books in movies.  I don't care for the movies that much, but they are entertaining.

And I loved the LotR movies SO much more than the books... well, I've only really read half of the first, but from what I read, the movie was better. lol
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

Professor_Snape

What country are you from The Phenix?

Anyway, I didn't care much for the movies either. They're wellmade, but typical hollywood glitzy fluff. Take them or leave them as far as I'm concerned. Other tham John Williams and Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman oh and Cuaron, I wasn't impressed with the films. But I do have higher hopes for the new film... but it's in the hands of a much more competent director.

Yet, I still own a Widescreen DVD copy of both films...  ;D

Professor
Leave me alone.

Professor_Snape

Never mind the first question, I checked your profile.
Leave me alone.

Fawkes

The films are very nice,not as good as the book ofcourse but they're really good!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Miracles

Quote from: Professor_Snape on November 30, 2003, 12:17:59 PM

Anyway, I didn't care much for the movies either. They're wellmade, but typical hollywood glitzy fluff. Take them or leave them as far as I'm concerned. Other tham John Williams and Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman oh and Cuaron, I wasn't impressed with the films. But I do have higher hopes for the new film... but it's in the hands of a much more competent director.

Professor

How r they hollywood stuff if theyre made in UK??? ??? :P
Nothing much to say except waiting for the next Harry Potter book =]
Half of eight is three and half of infinity is zero

Professor_Snape

::)

They're made by a Hollywood production company.

Hollywood isn't limited to Los Angeles. A lot of big budget, Hollywood films are made in the UK. For example, the Mummy films. Typical Hollywood Trash. But made on UK lots.
Leave me alone.

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

Cedric Diggory

exactly:)Books much better than the movies, certainly

The phenix

Quote from: Professor_Snape on November 30, 2003, 12:17:59 PM

Professor

I'm tattaly agree with you. The americans is lawya trying to "americaliz" every thing. Its to much hollywood films, and yes many of the films is very good. But its to many films that are to bad, they change it from the book to lett it sell better.
Well I can se the lodic, but I don't like it.  I'm sorry about how I talked about the film, I was maybe a little rough in the language.