News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Directors Speak

Started by Professor_Snape, January 18, 2004, 11:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor_Snape

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuaron and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire director Mike Newell have both been talking about their upcoming films.

Cuaron tells The Associated Press that some themes in the third film are similar to how the cast is growing into their teens. "Harry goes through a journey where he realizes that demons aren't just things that go bump in the night," Cuaron said, "but also can be painful emotions, worries about family, friends, the future, the monsters that lie within. And that's a classic teenage issue."

Cuaron added that he's also trying to make the film more contemporary with the characters wearing modern clothes under their school cloaks, following the intent of author J.K. Rowling.

Meanwhile, Newell has been chatting with The Sunday Mail about the fourth film for which he says Warner Bros. will have to pull out its big wallet. "I think of myself as being really lucky. I'm going to make the most expensive film there has ever been. These things are not like ordinary films they are world events."

Newell said the job of directing a Harry Potter film carries huge responsibilities. "I have millions of 10-year-olds who must not be disappointed. Making Harry Potter is like being President of Brazil. It is a colossal undertaking."

He adds that finding an 8 ft tall French woman to play Hagrid's love interest, Madame Maxime, is giving him a major headache. "We are casting right now. I've been in Paris, looking for giant women and French schoolgirls."
Leave me alone.

Alexa_Girl

<-All these are made by fawkes,anyway i'm alexa instead of my sis nikki!she gave me her a