News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Neville longbottom Vs Harry potter

Started by firenze, July 1, 2004, 08:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firenze

Who is the true hero,Neville or Harry?.Its something that does need a lot of brooding .I mean think about for a moment .Harry lost his parents when he was really young ,Neville lost his parents in a way too.Harry has never seen his parents in his life before i mean face to face.Now take a look at Neville he sees his parents often  but his parents were so much tortured that they  went mad and donot even recognise him ,just feel how painful it is to not be recognised by one's own parents.Neville according to me deserves more sympathy than Harry.If u remember the first book how neville had tried to stop Hermione,Ron and Harry  from leaving at night,though he was stupified  yet he tried to put up a fight ,which showed in that ephemeral moment the courage in him till than i used to think of him as a coward.Harry has good friends like Hermione and Ron to help him and elevate him when he's very sad or dejected.Even professor Dumbledore, Hagrid ,lupin etc are on his side, isn't it.Not that they are against him but do they love Neville half as much as they love and support Harry.Neville can only comfort himself ,not that he's not friendly but because of the emotional crisis that he goes through he doesn't open up that easily. In the 5th book Neville had also shown exemplary courage when he tried to fight of the deatheaters.I think he's equally capable like Harry  though not much of a heroic figure  he too can make a very good Auror.Harry had a very bad childhood but please think of a childhood of a young boy with a cranky grandmother. Now i'll like to hear ur opinion about it

Damion

I do agree that Neville is at a terrible loss with his parents, I agree with that.  I also see where you are going with this and I believe that everyone who has read the Pottter books WOULD agree that Neville is a good kid.  One they too might feel sorry for.  I mean, come on, we are not blind to that.  Or, at least I am not, I really shouldn't speak for others.  Harry is just the main character and the hero of our story, that's the way it is.  Yes, Neville is a hero of a diffrent type.  He is strong, that's why he is in Gryffindor, is it not?  Had he not been so strongly willed, he'd been stuffed in Hufflepuff instead, don't you agree?

Friends are the ones who still love you even after you fart really loud in class.

Applause applause applause
You know what? I think you're right. But think. Everyone knows how famous Harry Potter is, and they naturally want to stick to him, but what about Neville? He isn't half as famous as Harry. He only know to mess things up and etc. And not many have actually heard the propecy, so that is one very prominent reason why Neville's not receiving all the attention.

Evil_To_The_Max

Nevilles a good guy,and I've always felt sorry that he wasn't a more prominent character...But the reason in the book that harry is called a "Hero" is not because he's a poor little orphan boy who lost his parents,but because he survived a curse that was ment to kill him by Voldemort.Neville,Is a diffrent kind of hero....as you said. Harry's fought Voldemort tons,But poor neville is constantly ridiculed in school,and I think people who have to go through that are heroes...He also lost his parents in a diffrent way,and you are right...But that last comment was rather...To be blunt,Stupid..."Harry had a very bad childhood but please think of a childhood of a young boy with a cranky grandmother."Stupid.Stupid.Harry's childhood was far worse than Neville's.At least Neville's grandmother loves him,The dursleys hate harry,he was sleeping in A Freaking cubboard for cryin' out loud. The dursleys are just plain Horrid people.....Not loving,exactly...I would prefer a cranky grandmother any day....But,thats besides the point...I think harry and Neville are pretty much the same,hero wise...after all...They are in the same Prophecie...Either one of them could be the one to defaet Voldemort,as stated in the fifth book.

A ella le gusta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)
Como le encanta la gasolina (dame mas gasolina)

Fawkes

pig

i do think nevile is a hero also. he showed courage all throw out the books in the first book he stood up to hermione Ron and Harry. then in the 3erd he  faced his fear of snape with that boggit(i hope i spelled that right). then he went after voldermort with the others in book five,. it is far wourse i think to see your parents in that state of mind then not to see them at all . in my book there bougth hero's.

googl

I really like neville more than Snape or Harry...LOL... I think he is a very strong person and could be goodat schoolwork he just lacks confidence thats al...but then again HArry pOtter is a book and becos of Neviulles cowardice then his bravery in 5th book i thinkn that makes book exciting...wat am i on about some1 pleaz slap me before i go on any further..LOL
Please visit my site there is a members area now with a brand new forum!!!  To visit go to htpp://get-me.to/googl/

Avril

Quote from: googl on July 15, 2004, 06:33:08 PM
I really like neville more than Snape or Harry...LOL... I think he is a very strong person and could be goodat schoolwork he just lacks confidence thats al...but then again HArry pOtter is a book and becos of Neviulles cowardice then his bravery in 5th book i thinkn that makes book exciting...wat am i on about some1 pleaz slap me before i go on any further..LOL
*slaps googl*

googl

Please visit my site there is a members area now with a brand new forum!!!  To visit go to htpp://get-me.to/googl/