News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

is dumbledore a responsible wizard?

Started by firenze, June 24, 2004, 05:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firenze

if anyone remembers the plot of the 4 book please get this straight for me.crouch's son after having the polyjuice potion is pretending to be mad eye moody, he wants to show his fidelity to voldemort,by killing potter himself.now dumbledore even though he's such a powerful wizard who even voldemort is scared of couldnt sense something cooking,could he.he didnot know that the triwizard cup is a portkey.doesnt it show that dumbledore is not that omniscient when it comes to harry potter's safety.in the first book voldemort had taken possession of a professor and was living within hogwarts.if vodemort and his supporters can be so near potter that too within the school without the detection of anyone,even dumbledore.i think harry  future so very bleak and uncertain.

Kiara Johnson

LMFAO.  I often thougth the very same thing.  

Ginny Weasly

If you look at it that way, he was irresponsiable. But you have to remember, Dumbldor can't know everthing. I also think that he has a small suspision that letting Harry do a few things that are dangours, he is toughnig harry up for the worst. Just a thought. Anyway, though as smart and clever anyone could be, they could not know everything that happens.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

I don't really think Dumbledore can be judged with that but if based upon the 'evidence' given (in the starting message), Dumbledore is indeed irresponsible. Although on the overall, I don't think Dumbledore's that bad.

Hermione~ Granger

Your missing the point Firenze, Dumbledore isn't that powerful of a wizard. And if he wasn't so responsible, I ask you, Why is Harry still alive?

AcId_BrOoZ

And another thing.
Why is it that Dumbledore supposedly sees and knows everything that goes on in the castle, but he didn't know about V0ldemort and Crouch and the portkey?  ::)
What it comes down too is that Dumbledore sees all the unimportant things.
Yes, he isn't that strong, and yes, his time is winding down. That doesn't change anything. I still think he is just a bit irresponsible. He should have told Harry about the prophecy at the beginning of it all. That would have cleared up a lot.
"There are no flowers known at this time
There'll be no angels gracing their lives
Just these stark words I find
I'd show a smile but I'm too weak
I'd share with you could I only speak
Just how much this hurts me"
-A.F.I. 'This Time is Perfect'

Kiara Johnson

Loads of good points have arrived at this thought.  Perhaps I should tell you all what I realyl think.  here goes.

Although, I DO agree with firenze, I must add that HErmione has a point too.  Harry would not still be alive if Dumbledore was not that responsivle.  Even though Dumbledore knows that Harry's life is misrable at the Dursley's, he makes him stay there so Voldem0rt can not touch him.  Also, Even though Every one else dissaproves of the DOTDA teachers, Dumbledore puts them in that postion to help wach over Harry.  Save for perhaps Quirrel, who was there any how.  

I do agree that no, Dumbledore is not all that powerfull, he still beat Voldem0rt at the Ministry and saved Harry.  So, Yes, he should be more careful but I still respect him.

In all, I think perhaps he is just a little too overconfident.

Yeah! You're right! That seems to sum it all up!  ;D

AcId_BrOoZ

Heh, I guess so, but v0ldy just keeps running away like the little ckicken he is...
-imagines v0ldy as a chicken with red snakey eyes and white feathers and evilnesses and black robes-
hahahahaha... :D
"There are no flowers known at this time
There'll be no angels gracing their lives
Just these stark words I find
I'd show a smile but I'm too weak
I'd share with you could I only speak
Just how much this hurts me"
-A.F.I. 'This Time is Perfect'

googl

I would like to remind u harry potter is a BOOK, so therefore if Dumbledor had discovered it straight away the book would be very boring,cos the plot would be ruined....
Just a thought
;D
Please visit my site there is a members area now with a brand new forum!!!  To visit go to htpp://get-me.to/googl/

bluberfish

Since Harry is prohpecised (can't spell) to kill Voldemort, maybe Dumbledore was almost "match-making" them, knowing that the more contact they had, the quicker he would die (Voldemot, not harry)

ANd now i just realised all my voldemort's are gonna come out as he-who-must-not-be-named, but i don't care.
Hiya!

magicball356

Well..perhaps Dumbledore is on the evil side, but that's impossible!!
I'm a magic ball...when you release me, you will be granted with a gift...to release me, go on a magic quest and find all 12 items...more explained, later..>