News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

the greatest story since the real harry potter ones

Started by cho chang, September 7, 2004, 10:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cho chang

i had put up the title for publicity ;D but i do hope you'll like my story. The setting is after the Order of phoenix.

Harry Potter and the Statue of Secrecy
Harry stared moodily at the ceiling. Another day with nothing to do. The Dursleys keep out of Harry's way as much as possible, and no longer shouted at him for watching the news or his owl posts. Harry knew this has to do with Moody's warning, but it didnt make him feel any better. For days he lay on his bed, stewing, drowning in his own despair. He only left his room for meals and bathroom. His friends letters had only consisted of consolation, with little news and no plans for a get-together. Harry didnt really care. He didnt want a meeting where everyone feels sorry for him.
    But today he had had enough. He has to get on with his own life. Yes, he's very sorry Sirius had died, but that didnt mean he had to give up his own life too.
'music, a magic beyond all we do here!' - Albus Dumbledore
.:Cho Chang:.

cho chang

Harry decided to go for a walk. He needed the fresh air. He walked out of the front door without saying anything to the Dursleys. They gave him the same treatment.
 Harry breathed in deeply. He was tired of the anger and frustration and grief that haunted him for more than a year. The sun was shining brightly, and it wasnt too hot. All the neighborhood children had came out to play. They avoided harry for they were told that he was dangerous. Harry didnt care. For that moment, he didnt care about anything. Not about Sirius, not about v0ldemort, and not about his OWL marks which still havent arrived yet.

next im going to do something JK's never done: write in somebody elses point of view. tell me what you think so far.

cho chang

no one? oooooooookay. on with the story. welcome back to school, btw.

On the same street, a girl named Kami was out for a walk too. She spotted the Potter boy, who was the same age as her. Everyone thinks he's a hardend criminal, but kami didnt think so. she has never heard of anything that potter had ever done. In her opinion, Dudley Dursley is the real criminal, beating up kids, vandalizing and such with his gang. But Dursley seems to be afraid of Potter. Kami could not think of why. Dudley is big and bulky, while Potter is tall and skinny. She suspects something mysterious about it, also if Potter really goes to St.Brutus'.

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

cho chang

thanks.

Potter seems sad and angry lately, just like how she felt. Her parents are just divorced. She stewed for days: how can her once loving and happy parents be rather without each other? But now, she's ready to face it, to go on with her own life. She decides to do something she's never done before: she said hi to Potter.

cho chang

please, a little feedback?

Harry was in something of a shock. He was walking along, minding his own business, when suddenly this asian muggle girl walked up and said hi to him.
"um, hi," he stuttered back. Wasn't she supposed to stay way from him?
 "I'm Kami,"she said,"who are you?"
 "Harry Potter."He replied. Anything to get rid of you, he thought. But it was a relief to say his name without been gawped at.
 "Cool. Want to go for ice cream?"
Harry started to refuse, but then he changed his mind. He wanted an afternoon without giving any thought to the magical world.
 "sure."

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

cho chang

do you mean it's not bad or it's bad as snot?  ;D hahaha. ok anyways back to the story

Harry slumped on his chair comfortably. His afternoon with Kami had been great. He was sure that Kami didnt believe him going to St.Brutus' but she had not raised any awkward questions about it, for which he was grateful. Other people had looked at them funny, but Kami didn't seem to mind.
    Suddenly something knocked at the window. Harry opened it and an official looking barn owl flew in, dropping a thick envelope on his bed. It ruffled his feathers importantly and drank from Hedwig's water bowl. Hedwig seemed annoyed and pecked at the barn owl until he flew off again. Harry wondered whats wrong with her. She had been gone for a week and when she got back, she got really edgy(and bigger).

cho chang

Harry shook of all thoughts as he opened the envelope. He knew what it contained. He had been waiting and waiting for it. It'll tell him if he has a chance of been an auror. He drew out the first piece of paper, closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them again.

It was his supply list.

Deflating, harry almost franticaly took out the second piece of paper. that one did have his OWL marks.

Oridinary Wizarding Levels
                                                      Harry Potter
Charms: E
Transfiguration:E
Defence Against the Dark Arts: O
Herbology: O
Potions:E
Care of Magical Creatures: O
Astronmy: A
Divination: D
History of Magic: P
O=outstanding E=exceeds expectations   A=acceptable  P=poor (fail) D=dreadful

Fawkes

cho chang

Harry sighed, relieved. He had exceled in every subject he needed to learn to be an auror. He got E in potions and snape only accepts O students in his class, but he'll worry about that later.
Ron and Herm both have got their OWL results earlier. Hermione got O's in everything, and Ron did about the same as harry.
Harry sighed contently and turned off the light. Since he had been practising Occlumency, he didnt have nightmares anymore.

cho chang

When Harry woke up, 2 things happened. The first thing is hedwig had laid an egg.
"Hedwig!" Harry whispered wonderingly. Hedwig nibbled on his fingers tiredly.
The Hermes (Percy had apologised and moved back to his family. Errol had died) soared through the window, bringing good news. Harry is going to the Burrow!
"finally!" harry breathed. Everything good is starting to happen all of a sudden. He wrote back right away, saying yes of course he's like to come, hedwig has laid an egg, and couldnt help but add a coment about his googd OWL marks.
i know i made hedwig sound like a chicken. I dont know how owls reproduce, so i made something up. please be tolerant.

Fawkes

Tweetie

:) Actually Cho, owls DO lay eggs!  Hedwig is capable of laying eggs, and that was quite a surprise!  I'm greatly enjoying all of the little surprises in your story.  Please continue!!! ;D

I hope I don't sound like a know-it-all, but I love owls and have several books on them.  They state that an owl mates, and then the female lays about 1-5 eggs, depending on how much food is available and such.  Which owl did Hedwig mate with?  Was it a wild owl, or a tamed wizard owl?

:sweetheart: Tweetie

cho chang

thanks for that piece of info :) and sorry i didn't post for a while

Harry told the dursleys the news. they were relieved about his departure, but they were also worried about the living room fireplace. Harry told them that this time the weasleys are driving(the ministry gave them a car). Dudley wouldn't come and see harry off. He had produced a pig's tail and a four foot long tongue the last few times he had contact with "harry''s lot".
with everything going on, harry had forgotten about Kami, until when the weasleys had got here and were stuffing harry's trunk in to the trunk of the car. At that moment, Kami was walking by. She said hi brightly and walked off with a knowing smile on her face.