News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Lunar Eclipse

Started by ~Harry Potter~, October 28, 2004, 08:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

I know. It seems silly now, but I was scared for my life and I don't know why! Harry, i didn't see anything.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Em

Not silly to me.  I was really freaked out with good reasons.  I don't know what I was scared for, but it wasn't my life...

Harry, the aliens are headed your way! Watch out!

Fawkes

I dreamt yesterday night that I could see the lunar eclipse :-X If only that was true! :bigcry:

Em

Don't get that upset, Lunar eclipes are very common....

Fawkes

yeah.. about once every 7 years or something? That's not common and I've never seen a Lunar Eclipse in my Life! :o

Em

Wrong, they can happen more than once a year, at least once a year so you'll see one, so calm down.....and if you you want to see something before then, I'm sure I could probably find a site that could show something..... :) ;)

Fawkes

I've seen them in pictures and stuff.. But I've never seen it happen right in front of me.. :bigcry:

Em

::)you'll just have to wait, that's all I can say, (well not really, lol) why couldn't you see it, I mean here, it's all over the news internet, school......It's not that great, I want to see a solar eclipes althhough you can't look right at it, now those are rare.....if you knew what my recent night of watching the lunar eclipes was like, you would not want to see one........

~Harry Potter~

I'm sorry to saw fawlks but the next complete lunar explice isn't until 2007 :( :(
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Em

::) I don't believe that.....that's three year, bole crap.....

Fawkes

I suppose it's becuase you guys live in America but I live in Asia so when it was night during the eclipse for you... it was daytime for me :-X

Em

You'll have to pay attention to the news ans stuff at your place then and not us :-\.......

Fawkes

I wasn't saying I was paying attention to your news and stuff! I was just saying you guys are lucky to see a Lunar Eclipse! :-X ;D

Em

I wanna see a solar eclipse, but, well, I don't wanna go blind, and those are rare!

Tweetie

Quote from: emmawatsongirl on November 23, 2004, 06:52:54 AM
I wanna see a lunar eclipse, but, well, I don't wanna go blind, and those are rare!

I think you mean a solar eclipse, right? :) A lunar eclipse is what happened in October.  When a solar eclipse comes around, certain places will hand out special glasses for you to oberve the solar eclipse safely.

A lunar eclipse is when the moon is between the sun and the Earth.  A lunar eclipse can only be seen at night.  A solar eclipse is when the sun is hidden by the moon.  A solar eclipse can only be seen in the daytime.  I hope that clears up any confusion! :)