News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

So Right!!!

Started by ronweazley122, November 12, 2004, 09:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronweazley122

I gotta agree with this sermon...read it,and decide for yourself:
Watch tv.

Consume.

Don't make waves.

Work.

Die.

Is this the American Dream?  

No, but it's the way most of us live our lives these days.

Notice that voting is not on this list.  That's because only a minority of people vote in this country.  The media loves to use such words as landslide and trend when they describe elections but when you break it down, it's only a small percentage of the population that decides the fate of our country.

Only 30% of all registered voters bothered to vote in the 2002 midterm elections.  16% of them voted Republican.  The media called the event a mandate of the people.  Since when is 16% of the country any kind of mandate?  This small percentage of the American population is now controlling our House and Senate.

You want to know government's dirty little secret?  It's more outrageous than any other conspiracy in our history, more telling than the Pentagon Papers or Watergate.

POLITICIANS DON'T WANT YOU TO VOTE.  Voting means you're passionate about the issues, enough to get out and do something about it.  Voting challenges the status quo.  But the politicians in Washington don't want you to do that.  They want you to sit back and enjoy the ride while they drive the country down the path of big business handouts.  They love low voter turnout; it means the stalwarts will be the only ones out there carrying the party torches while the rest of us scratch our head and wonder why our voices aren't being heard.  

People think by not voting, they're casting a vote against the system.  WRONG!  By not voting you're letting a small minority determine the policy for the rest of us.  WE CAN'T SIT BACK ANYMORE!  The most radical thing you can do is actually something as boring and pedestrian as voting.  

Newsflash – decisions are made by the people who show up!  

If 90% of the people in this country actually cast their ballots on election day, the administration would head for the hills!  How about this for a crazy idea?  Instead of sitting at home on your couch watching reality tv, you actually invest in your OWN reality and VOTE.  I don't even care who you vote for!  I'm serious!  Whoever wins, the system will be working!  The checks and balances will be in place!  Whatever we do, we have to stop the hi-jacking of our government; it's OURS; let's take it back.  

We don't need to bomb a country half way around the world in the name of democracy.

We can fight for it right here.

That's how important your ballot is this November.

Be a rebel, be a radical – vote!

The country needs YOUR input.

ARE YOU LETTING YOUR VOICE BE HEARD?-Sermon from:www.thegospelaccordingtolarry.com

Em

Yes I agree....I want to do a poll for my school newspaper asking....When you come of age do you plan on voting? and if I get a lot of no's or I don't cares I would make an article about how we fought was for this country and to get what we have today, and how ppl are just sitting back and doing nothing....but I am not on the newspaper staff anymore because I am not a popular preppy b**** and the teachers don't care about my ideas

Fawkes

Quote from: ronweazley122 on November 12, 2004, 09:17:46 AM
We don't need to bomb a country half way around the world in the name of democracy.
I certainly agree with this! America is bombing half the world! >:(

Ginny Weasly

*takes a breath* Alright, here's what I have to say to this.
Although I agree with the sermon, I hope that you all reliaze that the normal American does not decide who runs our country. It is the Electoral Collage that decides this. Ours is only the popular vote, which does not count for much. in the election of 2000, Gore won the popular vote, but Bush won the office. Why? I don't know. For this years election, I didn't like either of the candidates, as I saw Kerry and Bush as both blubbering idiots. I won't get into why I don't like them but it has to do alot woith the issues.... Anyway, why would we vote if it dosn't matter at all?
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Em

it doesn't make sence but I still plan on voting because it's a right to vote and common sence tells you who you are going for because of the beepin issues this whole beepin country is filled with issues! Now that bush is in office, we do have to sit back and our voices won't be heard.....I think I'll handle my own issues for now.......(gin, my bro lost his job >:(, you wanna kow more, ask me at school)

Em

Quote from: Ginny Weasly on November 12, 2004, 01:02:49 PM
Anyway, why would we vote if it dosn't matter at all?

it does so matter, the popular cotes helps determin how many electorl votes there are....hope that made sense....

Kiara Johnson

WEll, I didn't vote, this, the first year I could, and I did not even vote, why?  Becasue I wished for neother to be out president.  They both suck and they are both a couple of lying sacks of sung.  that is about it.  Where oh where are the good presidents?  I wish so much for one to run our contry the way it used to be run, this country is going to crap because of ppl like those two.  Both Kerry and Bush have too much thinking of their own pride to worry about what hapens to the "little person"  Neither care a less about them and nor will they ever.  The rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer.  That si what should be focused on, NOT all that other vrap and definately not things over seas, we have too many problems right here in our own country to worry about that just keep getting looked over.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR  You got me started, but hey, now I will stop.

ronweazley122

You should read the gospel according to larry and vote for larry.Awesome books...I like some of its political and other veiws...

Kiara Johnson

I will look it up.  thanks

ronweazley122

no problem...But what drove me crazy was the format the author wrote it in...I'm not sure if larrys a real person or not...

Kiara Johnson

I doubt that he is, he is more than likely a psudo character that represents the free party candidate forelection.

ronweazley122

ralph nader...was the only third party candidate I think.Janet tashijan ussually rights fiction...She just wrote this as is she recieved it from someone...I'm still not sure if she did or not.