News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

dvd sales

Started by Kiara Johnson, December 6, 2004, 09:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: em on December 17, 2004, 04:41:15 AM
I can get it for $7.99 ;D

EM! Our currency's different, for goodness sake! US$7.99 is about S$15.00!

Em

*shrugs* so what! Too bad... All freaken movies do that and don't say they don't because they do!

No it's not, I get movies at the tape store, much cheaper... DVDs 7.99 VHS 4.99 or 3.99 not sure

Fawkes

VHS is 45 Dh here.. ;)

I bought it! I bought the VCD! I'm watching it right now!

Em

Cool, I have to wait til Saturday... :(

Fawkes

Quote from: 0612 on December 20, 2004, 08:18:39 PM
I bought it! I bought the VCD! I'm watching it right now!
I bought it too..  ;D I think the 2nd and 1st were better.. :-X

Em

I liked the 3rd one better htan the 2nd.....

Audrey

Em so have you bought it already? I haven`t... :'(

Em

No I don't have it yet, I saw it at the drive-in....

The 3rd's got a different style from the first two. (Seeing that they were done by different directors.) I think they each have their own good stuff. For one, Alfonso Cuaron, added things like "Do you wanna move a little bit closer?", which Chirs Colmbus would never have done.

"Do you wanna move a little bit closer?"
"HUNH!?!?!?!?"
"Erm... To the shreiking shack."
"Oh..." <Dissapointment>  ;D

Fawkes

I like Chirs Colmbus's way of directing much better..

I think Alfonso and Chris are equally good!

Em

I wish Stephen King could have done the whole thing, would not have missed any event in the book, that's for sure...

I liked Alfonso's better... But, the more I think about it, I like how it was done (columbus, columbus, alfonso) I was getting tired of the same disneyfied seens with columbus, alfonso's way was a nice change...

I get it! Alfonso was more willing to make fun of the kids while Columbus kept (quite) strictly to the book. Alfonso was generally more flexible.

Fawkes

It's better to stick with the books ;D I mean in the 3rd movie they HARDLY EVER were there school robes!!  :o And how can Draco Malfoy the Muggle-Hater were muggle clothes!! see what I mean?