News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Out For A Stroll

Started by _Lavender_, February 27, 2005, 09:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Lavender_

*She stands in a very large shop at the far end of Hogsmead, softly singing to herself as she looked around at the old artifacts, antiques-stuff. She wandered around, looking, feeling the fabrics and glasses and such with a peculiar interest. She had taken up singing to herself as of late without really realizing it, and today was no different.
She stops next to an ancient looking wedding dress, running her fingers over the lace, and embroidery, cuirously, yet lovingly. She stares at the dress endlessly, remembering it from somewhere, but unable to place it...*
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Callie

*is walking through Hogsmead swinging a bag full of candy and humming a silly little tune*

_Lavender_

*She breaks away from her trance-like state, and turns, seeing through the window Callie, with a bag of candy swinging about her. She laughs softly, then waves.*
~Hey Callie!~
Her voice leads Callies eyes through the window, and she laughs again, looking back to the dress.*

Callie

*smiles and comes into the shop* Hi Lavender. Whatcha doing?

_Lavender_

Humm....
*She smiles, and takes the dress off the hanger, holding it delicately in her arms as if were a child, walking over to the counter.*
I guess you could say, I'm trying to peice togeather a part of the life I can't remember.
*She lowers her voice*
I'll tell you when we get out of here.
*She buys the dress, slips it into a silk bag, and then exits the shop, looking around thoughtfully*

Callie

*nods and follows her out of the store* When I was very little, I used to look at wedding dresses and imagine what my wedding would be like. *smiles at Lavender*

_Lavender_

*She smiles at Callie, though the friendly gesture seems to be placed from far away..*
Actually, when I was little, I never got the time to pretend. Everything was...
*She frowns, and uncaringly drops herself into a bench. The bag, though, she holds closely..*
Shall I say, Shockingly Real.
*She sighs, and shakes her head.*
No, instead my mother showed me magically with her thoughts of her wedding, and the wedding memories passed onto her..
*She runs a hand through her raven hair, a curious look upon her features.*
It was so long ago, though...Mum never got to put everything into real detail. She just showed me some of her thoughts from time to time. I dunno...
But lately I've been having a reaccuring dream, I think it was of my Great GrandMother's wedding--the one whom my middle name was named after. Anyway, I've been coming down here every day for about four months, staring at this dress.
*She stares at the passerbyers thoughtfully*
It sparked something in my memory...

Callie

*nods and sits down, putting the bag of candy on the ground beside the bench* Wow, I think I read something about seeing the past.

ivy_girl

*is walking when she sees Lavender and callie sitting on a bench talking. she decides to say hi.she draws nearer and hears the conversation.*isn't that called postcognition?seeing the past. by the way. hi you guys. *Shakes some snow from her curly red hair and sits down beside them.*
"'I am the Golux. The only Golux in the world. And not a mere device.'
'Well you resemble one' said the prince.
'I resemble only half the things I say I don't. The other half resemlbe me.'"
--The 13 Clocks     By James Thurber

_Lavender_

*She smiles, in a welcomingly way, then she shivers under the cold, and pulls her cloak tighter about her, sighing.*

I'm not sure.

*She speaks quietly, almost tiredly now, under the mental strain of remembering too much. She shakes her head, knowing that the memories would have no choice but to wait until another time..*

And hello, Ivy.

*She smiles once more, standing, running her hand through the raven strands of her hair*

ivy_girl

*standing also* i know it must be frustrating. The memories will come when they're meant to.

Where are you headed next? :)
"'I am the Golux. The only Golux in the world. And not a mere device.'
'Well you resemble one' said the prince.
'I resemble only half the things I say I don't. The other half resemlbe me.'"
--The 13 Clocks     By James Thurber

_Lavender_

*She looks toward Ivy in a most curious way, smiling slightly, though a flickering sadness dwelled in her eyes..*

Yes...but sometimes, I must say, it is difficult to wait for them...

*She turns away very abruptly, looking down the street, changing the subject of matter. She removes the cloak from her shoulders, and lays it over the bag so no snow would fall into it, and then she turns back to them, shivering now..*

Anyone up for a butterbeer?

Callie

*smiles and stands* I am.

_Lavender_

*She nods once.*
Excellent.
*She leads the way into the Three Broomsticks, finding a table, and sitting sown upon one of the coushiny(lol) seats, setting her bag next to her.*

Callie

*sets her candy bag on the table and pulls some out of it* Anyone want some? I only needed one box, but that led to a whole bag.