News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Soul Keeper

Started by Kiara Johnson, March 19, 2005, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

Chapter 1 Kalindria

"Well, today is the day."  His voice sounded so irritating in her head.  "Hey, you listening to me girl?"  He just kept talking, why wouldn't he just shut his mouth, why did he have to be there to remind her of the task she would have to set out and begin today?  "Kalindria, hey, look at me."  He said again, his voice coming closer to her now, she could almost feel his presence that in her room, even though he wasn't there and she knew it.

"SHUT UP BELDORAN!"  She yelled into the dusky dark room.

"Well, if you want to be that way about it, I'll just leave you to your task....My aren't we touchy today."  Beldoran replied in a sullen tone.

"Wait, I'm sorry, its just, does it have to be today?"  Kalindria asked.  "And why me, why couldn't someone else perform the sending ceremony?"  She finished in a slight whining tone.

"Because Kalindria, you were the chosen one, you are the only one capable to send the dead home, if you don't do it, then there will just be more creatures for you to deal with on your journey, you do remember what happens to the dead if they are not sent along to their final resting place, don't you?"  He reprimanded her in a soft, almost fatherly voice.

"Of course I do, silly.  They become the property of the one they call Nightmare, the King of the dark creatures."  She responded, swinging her legs over the small bed she was lying on and setting her feet on the cold, dusty wooden floor of her room.

"Good then, I must go and prepare a few things, will you be alright for a few hours with out my guidance?"  Beldoran asked and told her all at once.

"I am sure I can manage, now get out of here you old ghost, I need to shower."  She replied in a sort of loving, playful tone.

"Ok, little girl."  He responded in the same playful, loving tone and then his presence was gone from the room and the torch lights flicked on, one by one to reveal the dusty, lightly furnished room of her last resting place she could call home.

Kalindria was a medium built, black haired beauty of the Northern lands, meaning her skin was rather pale.  She however, unlike the rest of her race, had piecing, almost iridescent violet eyes, marking her a true watcher of the people.

This was titled her, on her 16th birthday, today, as the, Strijder, or warrior, in plain English.  That, and it was told that her keeping would be of the souls of the dead.  It was her duty to perform the ceremony that would take their souls into her and deny the Dark Lord, Nightmare of his prizes, or in other words, keeping him from building up his army of the dead.

_Lavender_

Post more K! It's very good, as usual. ;)

:-* The addicted, Lav.
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Kiara Johnson

Kalindria walked form her bed to a small, opened trunk at the far side of the room.  She looked down and stared for a bit at the contents inside.

"Should I wear the bright one, or the gray one..." She pondered out loud and to herself. 

Finally, after a bit of thinking, she reached down and picked up the fine royal blue gown, feeling the satin material between her fingers for a moment and she smiled. 

"Well, just because they are all hyped up about this whole thing, doesn't mean I have to be."  She almost growled as she gripped the beautiful dress in her fist and watched, as it went up in smoke.

"Well, the gray one it will be then."  She grinned, and then walked to the showers.

Kalindria walked from the showers, her long black hair hanging wet against her pale skin as she stepped lightly across the small room and opened the faded curtain to the side to peer outside and down upon the people beginning to gather in the square below.

She looked over the many tables laden with food and drink that had, at some time during the night been set up in the great square, and the many cauldrons hooked on long poles, happily bubbling with something, over the twelve fires that had been lit to warm the incense during the ceremony.

She shook her head and then stepped into her chosen gown for the, what looked to her, carnival beginning to get started below.  This was her birthday and she would have sooner spent it doing things that normal 16 year old girls enjoyed, anything, but the coronation that would seal her fate for the rest of eternity, however, she knew there was no other way and she sighed deeply before turning away from the window to go sit at the vanity in her room and began the ritual of untangling the mass of wet hair until she was satisfied that she looked presentable.

There was a loud knock at her door and a small voice coming from behind.

"Lady Kalindria, are you ready?"  The voice spoke.

_Lavender_

OOO, please, keep going!!

Damion

Friends are the ones who still love you even after you fart really loud in class.

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

punk_555

how do you come uo with such good storys  i can't wait till you wright another one or until u update the sstory im in love with you thats my favcorite keep writing or become a writer... :) :) ;) ;) ;D

Ginny Weasly

I told you before, Kiara is one of the best!
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

sweetlikepoison

Official Keeper of All Things Green and/or Shiny aboard the SS Fire & Ice

Ohh...
I wanna put my tender heart in a blender,
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion...
[/color]

Kiara Johnson

lolworking on more as I speak, will more than likely have more posted tonight.  THanks btw.  And as for the ideas.... well, I just kinda sit down at the puter, stare at the blank screan of word and listen to music, then my ifngers start going and POOF!  Story.

Kiara Johnson

Kalindria stood, took one last look at her room and then with a great steadying breath, she strengthened her resolve and glided to the door to be greeted by four young girls, each of whom she had spent her childhood with, each of which now seemed to treat her with the respect they would their old advisor in the local school.

"Oh please, Angel, Marissa, Jen, Clair?"  She started a she looked at the four of them, bowing their heads as if she were some holy figure or something.  "STOP!"  She yelled then and the girls slowly looked up at her.  "Better, come on, it's my 16th Birthday, I need at the very least, the four of you to act normal..." She finished, holding her arms out for a group hug.

The four girls of her childhood stood there for no more than a few seconds before they were on her like a pack of hungry, hugging wild children.

"Oh Kali..." They all said in unison.

It took the five girls a little more than an hour to make it down a flight of steps and a 200-yard hall to the outer door that would Kalista to her destiny, a Destiny most unwelcome in her 16-year-old mind.

Kiara Johnson

As the five approached the bowing citizens of the surrounding town, they separated all with tears in their eyes, knowing, that last hour they spent in the hallway of the dusty old tavern hotel, would be their last moments ever, spent together.

Kalindria stepped into the square where she was greeted by the King of the Realm himself, she bowed her head and gave him the proper curtsy expected of her but then noticed, that he too, knelt on one knee before her and so, she shakily stood up, confused.  Was she so important that even a King would bow to her now?  No, she most definitely did not like this, not one bit.

"Please your majesty, please, I beg of you, do not bow to me like that."  She said in the lowest of whispers, so that surely, he would be the only one to hear.

King Edward, King of the realm known as Jerisiam, then stood and offered Kalindria his arm.

"Then walk with me Lady, so as we might get to know one another better, as it would seem, you and my son, will have many a long time to spend together in your journey."  He stated, waiting for her to take his arm.

Kalindria immediately slipped her arm in his, her eyes never reaching up to gaze at the older man and the pulled her away through the crowd towards the site where she would perform her first task of the rest of her life.

"But your son, he's..." But she trailed off, not wanting to state the obvious.  King Edwards son had died, not four nights before, returning form a grand ball in the bordering Kingdome, his caravan was attacked by a mass of bandits.

Edward smiled, a soft smile as he turned his face down to look at Kalindria and he stopped, just outside the gates of the place of offering.  He reached down, with his free hand and lifted her chin so that she would look at him properly.

"Yes Lady Kalindria, that is true, and you will soon, be the holder of his soul, therefore, you will spend eternity with my son, I am honored, to have the chance to have met you child, may the blessing of the crown go with you on your long and perilous journey and may the guidance of my son, help you in your ordeals."  He stated then let her arm and her chin go form his grasp.  "Go inside, they await you, the souls are screaming for your desired release." He finished, giving her one last smile before he turned, and left her, standing at the gates that would seal her future forever.

_Lavender_

PLEASE go on K!!!! :o

Halley Potter

go on...story good, story good...
from the sorcerers stone
"HARRY! You never told me your dad was a seeker too!"
"I didnt know"
cuts to next scene
"What if make a fool of myself?"
"You wont make a fool of yourself. Its in your blood"

Potters are true seekers!

_Lavender_