News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

It's Been A While.

Started by _Lavender_, April 3, 2005, 03:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Lavender_

This forum has definitely gone through a lot! As we all have, I suppose.

Some have left, and never really returned. And we miss them and want them to come back, like the close friends they have become.

Some have returned, after long times away. And it is always neat to welcome them back into the forum. Welcome back topics are always the coolest.

Some have been here far more than we should be. *CoughCough*  :P Heh Heh.

And some, have never really  found out what this site was about at all. But there are so many of those kind of people, we do not remember them much.

Peoples' views have changed. And we as writers have grown as writers, and, also, as people. It is quite an odd feeling, thinking of all the differences in the lives of people, really all over the world.

And the RP's. Our characters, the children of our minds, mirrors to the point of views we might agree with most of all, and ones we may oppose so very strongly; to points we may or may not be so easy to discuss in the real world.. Mirrors to the forever-evolving forms of what we are.

And so, the reason of my posting my thoughts, other than that I usually do so often, anyway, is because I am very tired, and very bored. HI ALL!!  ;D ;D

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Fawkes

I don't have much to say except that the forum has recently becom very very lonely.. Like you said Lav there's a lot of members who left and didn't come back..
And a lot of people are joining but they seem to join for fun! Most of them don't even have 1 post! That's really sad..
There's no more new topics
[but that's mainly coz J.K delayed HBP a whole year!] to post in! The forum is practically dead! :'(

Ginny Weasly

*wipes her eyes* So sweet!
Seriously, you guys are right, it is very lonely around here lately.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Nothing beats me, nobody, absolutely NOBODY is online when I am...  :'(

Fawkes

Quote from: 0612 on April  4, 2005, 03:11:28 PM
Nearly EVERYONE is online alone.. :'( how sad..

Em

Quote from: 0612 on April  4, 2005, 03:11:28 PM

This is april and then May... in june 0612, i will be able to get on at the same time you do!

pig

yep true  its strange to think ive been on this foram for nealy a year.

Ginny Weasly

Wow, I never noticed but now I've been on for almost two years. Wow.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Is there a way to find out how long exactly a member has been around? (I remember seeing it somewhere so I'll check it out later). A rough estimate for me would be... what, half a year?

pig

you look at your profile. it tell you the time you signed up  ;D