News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Harry Potter movie mistakes 3.

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, May 21, 2005, 06:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblet_fulla_fire

Did you enjoy the last two topics about movie mistakes I posted? Now here is the movie mistakes of the 3rd HP movie.

When Harry, Ron, and Hermione are in Hagrid's hut prior to Buckbeak's execution, a stone flies in the window and strikes a pot, splitting it pretty much down the middle. There are two major shards. However, when Harry and Hermione 'relive' this moment from their position among the pumpkins, the stone breaks the pot in a very different pattern, with smaller pieces. Since the same event is just being played through in time again, the pot should have broken exactly the same way both times.

When Harry drops the Monster Book of Monsters, in the first shot facing Harry's feet as the book chomps at him, he runs backwards a few steps and he stands at the foot of the bed. However, in the shot facing the fireplace, there is actually plenty of floorspace now, much more than other shots, between the rug and bed for Harry to continue to run backwards.

When Malfoy and his friends bother Ron and Hermione, Harry shows up and messes with the three boys. He grabs hold of Malfoy's feet, lifts them in the air and pulls him across the snow. In the first close-up of the soles of Malfoy's boots, not a spec of snow is on them, though he was just walking in it!! Then in the next close-up, his feet still in the air, the soles are now covered in snow.

At Hagrid's, when HRH are there the first time in the film, there is a large birdcage, blue cup and saucer, watering can and a small wood planter with seedlings on the windowsill. Later, when Hermione visibly throws the first stone, as the stone flies through the window the watering can and blue cup's positions differ and the wood planter and large birdcage are actually gone! When she throws the second stone they are back on the windowsill.

In the first exterior shot through the back patio door, as the Dursleys eat, the kitchen window and patio set below are visibly quite far from the white patio enclosure. Later, when Vernon falls to the ground as Marge floats away, Petunia runs to him and now the kitchen window, on a supposed brick wall, is actually right beside the white patio enclosure! Adding to the absurdity, the entire house is in the opening shot of the film and that middle part of the wall is conspicuously missing.

The song "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is staged with a mixed choir, with a majority of girls. However, to the trained ear, you can tell the song is sung by an all-boys chorus.

When HRH go to find Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, you see Hermione point her wand at Malfoy's face and Malfoy turns his face to the left. However, when Harry and Hermione went back in time and you see (the other) Hermione point her wand at Malfoy, his face turns to the right. (Courtesy of Any$Potter)

moviemistakes.com
I am a dog.

LOL. Hey, I went to the site already and there seemed to be much more mistakes. Under which category did you take those from?

goblet_fulla_fire

I looked up the all the major mistakes and 1 minor mistake. If I put down every single mistake, you would have to have a lot of free time on your hands to read them all.
I am a dog.

Proffesser Jamie

Quote from: goblet_fulla_fire on May 22, 2005, 09:13:34 AM
I looked up the all the major mistakes and 1 minor mistake. If I put down every single mistake, you would have to have a lot of free time on your hands to read them all.

well whoever wrote all of that bull obvioulsy has too much time on their hands if they could come up with all of that and they must be too thick headed and perfectionist that they can't enjoy a movie and for the last movie mistake you posted "The song "Something Wicked This Way Comes" is staged with a mixed choir, with a majority of girls. However, to the trained ear, you can tell the song is sung by an all-boys chorus." unless i hear this from the producer of this movie that is a load of crap cos you can't tell that it is sung by all boys
*~e*v~i*l~ *i~s* ~g*o~o*d~*
~*e~v*i~l* ~i*s~ *m~e~

Josh Weasley

okay chill.The person who wrote that was apparently a huge Harry Potter fan!
Weasley is our king
He can save a single thing
He can block a single ring
He'll never let the quaffle
Thats why all Gryffindor sing
Weasley is our king!!!!!!!!

Hey, cool down... Even my mom said she couldn't hear any girl's voices. Just think of it as a passing load of crap if you like.  ;D

Josh Weasley

Weasley is our king

Proffesser Jamie

that doesnt make any sense they made a site cos they were a huge fan i highly doubt that they probably have such a lame life that they have nothing better to do than watch movies and then make a site to complain about them and make them look bad also i am chillin just not the way ur telling me too i am freezing! burr
~*e~v*i~l* ~i*s~ *m~e~

Josh Weasley

Weasley is our king

Proffesser Jamie

well same can go for you as well you are the one using caps and exclamation marks
~*e~v*i~l* ~i*s~ *m~e~

Josh Weasley

Its because your streesing me by saying "Its a load of crap"And you dont even get what im saying.
Weasley is our king

Proffesser Jamie

i did get what you were sying by telling me to chill if thats what you are talking about and im sorry to stress you by saying its a load of crap but that is really putting it in polite terms if you ask me but if you wich i can change that to its a load of poop and you seriouly need to look of stressing cos you really dont seem to know what it is but maybe i have just had different experiences oh well not the point
~*e~v*i~l* ~i*s~ *m~e~

Josh Weasley

you are one of the meanest person ive met on this forum! :o
Weasley is our king

Hmm... Which button changes the font size? Ahh! That one!
SHUT UP! <-- Ginny used to do that.  ;D

Alright, now let's get things straight. (Quoting Fawkes) Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I personally do not think of the movie mistakes website as a load of crap. I take it as a form of entertainment. That, is my opinion.

Don't get into fights because of opinions. It sucks.
Fawkes, do I qualify to be a law enforcer now?  ;D

Josh Weasley

Ya your right Zero.Sorry Professer.
Weasley is our king