News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

I can't believe the ending of the HBP!!

Started by jesusfreak31027, July 18, 2005, 10:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusfreak31027

>:( >:(            If you have not read the book, you had better not read this post.  By the way, I am new.  How in the world could iit be possible for JK to bring more pain Harry's way after all he's been through?  First his parents, then Cedric, (which we all know Harry feels is his fault), Sirius, and now Dumbledore!!  She didn't even let him keep Ginny!  I know that he was trying to protect her and that he loves her, and maybe she and Harry will end up together after everything is said and done, but that was rediculous.  Man that feels better to get off of my chest. I would love to know your thoughts!!

Yeah. It really REALLY *REALLY* sucks. I was thinking: well, at least Harry's still got Ginny, but in the end they split up... But I don't think Ginny'll want to leave him, though.

LivesWeNvr_Lived

I thought it was the greatest book yet. The books have finally grown up. and I love the realistic world that JK Rowling created about Riddle's past. i'm on my second time reading it and It's so unbelievably good. Sure you can complain about the way things end, and it's amazingly sad, but it was still a great ending and I'm going to go crazy over waiting for the next book.

WHO IS R.A.B.????

Fawkes

I.. I can't beleive the ending myself.. Jk Rowling said that someone Harry knew from the 1st book would die! But I never suspected it'll be Dumbledore! How on earth is the next book going to be! :'( Now In my opinion the worst character ever is Severus Snape! How could Dumbledore trust him! :o :'(
And, yeah, who on earth is that R.A.B guy?!

LivesWeNvr_Lived

The thing about this R.A.B. guy is that, did he go back to the cave a second time? I can't see any other way he could have re filled the thing with the potion, and also replace the lockette with a fake, because he couldnt've known which horcrux was really in the cave when he first went...

goblet_fulla_fire

I knew Dumbledore would die. But still, I wonder if anybody had the misfortune of accidentally looking at a page near the end of the book and see dumbledore's funeral. Also, it would be kinda creepy going across a lake full of dead people. Imagine, you are squinting your eyes to see as for as you can see and then you see a bunch of pale bodies rise up.
I am a dog.

Luna_Lovegood

I did not like this book at all! it was so depressing...

spirit_of_the_sea

I was left when I finished the book w/ a feeling that a deep black hole was inside me. I'm so upset right now!!! I finished HBP a few minutes ago and I just joined this site to talk to people about it. What I don't understand is what the next book will be. Does anyone think he actually won't go back to Hogwarts? By anyway, I thought RAB might be Madame Rosmerta? Just a musing... but send me a messgae, anyone, I need someone to talk to!!!
"What is living if I can't live free/What is freedom if I can't be me?"

goblet_fulla_fire

What?! I thought I was crazy when I thought it was Bellatrix.
I am a dog.

Fawkes

Someone at another forum said R.A.B could be Regulus Black (you know sirius's brother)
R.A.B could stand for Regulus (something) Black. But then it could also be a new character in book 7

goblet_fulla_fire

At least that was better than my guess.
I am a dog.

krazykiki

But sirius's brother is dead...that's how harry got all of his stuff otherwise Kreacher would be Regulus's...I absolutely HATE the ending of this book and i think Harry and Ginny should stay together...Harry couldn't just not go back to hogwarts...could he?

A. Nitwitt Blubber H. Dumbledore

The ending really got me down like everyone else apparently :(.But i think thats really good! If a book can actually leave you with a prominent feeling, even of sadness then its done something right! And i thought Harry got all the stuff as it was left to him in Sirius' will even though it wasnt supposed to go to him-so even if Regulus had been alive harry would still have got it?
Nitwitt!Blubber! also Coolio_no1 also raging_hawk1 depending on where you catch me!
"If at first you dont succeed... sky divings not for you!"

goblet_fulla_fire

Duh! Regulas Black is supposed to be dead kiki. Read what the letter says.
I am a dog.

wullieunited

the book was fantastic and like you all i couldnt help being sad after it, its strange to think of a book without hogwarts so hopefully he will decide to continue or at least the school reopens, in regards to sirius black brother i think not totally sure it says he turned against the death eaters just like karakov however was killed within days of it can anyone confirm this. i just hope by some sheer bit of luck the talented jk rowling decides to get to work on it soon so its out asap lol