News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Why Voldemort can't kill Harry.

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, July 20, 2005, 09:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblet_fulla_fire

I would say that this is a spoiler right now since I think that this might be true. So spoiler warning everybody.

Remember when Dumbledore said that Harry might be happy that he let Pettigrew live? Well, I have concluded after a large amount of reading, (and a large amount of torturing Rowling) is that Voldemort can't kill Harry. When Harry let Pettigrew live, he created a bond that Peter owes Harry his life. And when Peter poured his own blood to make Voldemort come back, that means a part of Voldemort can not kill Harry. Otherwise, saying, that Voldemort owes Harry his life. See, this is not as bad as the R.A.B. rumor I started.
I am a dog.

goblet_fulla_fire

Really? I was looking at this for comedian material.
I am a dog.

No, seriously. It makes sense!!!
We could ask Dumbledore, but pity...

goblet_fulla_fire

I am a dog.

A. Nitwitt Blubber H. Dumbledore

Actually that really makes alot of sense-J.K. Rowling doesnt just write things like that as throw away.Id wondered what would happen with pettigrew-thought maybe he would die at some point stopping voldemort killing Harry but this makes more sense;as it fits in with J.K. Rowling's pattern of leaving small hints in her books.
Nitwitt!Blubber! also Coolio_no1 also raging_hawk1 depending on where you catch me!
"If at first you dont succeed... sky divings not for you!"

harrypotterluvr224

um... 411, all the books say that voldie can't kill Harry because Lilly Potter let herself be killed for Harry and it caused a bond for him. Harry has more than Voldie... he has love.

goblet_fulla_fire

Yeah. But so does Voldemort because Harry's blood is in him. So Lily's love can't help him against Voldemort now. You should have already known that.
I am a dog.

pig

this is a relay good thoery and it makes a lot of sense  ;D

Neo

ehhhh...it makes sense, but i don't think its right. I think that Pettigrew is going to turn on the Dark Lord in the final book and help Harry, because he will view it as making up for his betrayl of Lily and James. In the third book, didn't Peter say that "The Dark Lord has powerful weapons" or something? And think of the way he was treated at the beginning of the 6th book by Snape. Pettigrew might just get tired of it and when he sees that Harry might be able to defeat Voldemort, he may help Harry finish him off.

But that's just my theory.
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

Lord-Harrymort

Personally, I think that Harry's scar is the last Horcrux, so that Harry might have to die to get rid of Voldemort. I mean in the earlier books Dumbledore says that Voldemort poured a bit of himself into Harry by accident and that is why Harry has some of Voldemort's talents. So if the scar is the last Horcrux than the only way for Harry to destroy the Horcrux is to destroy himself. What about that, I think it might be true. But than again it is just a theory.
He's got a dungbomb, get him!
he's got a fake wand, get him!
he's got a real wand, wait it's Harry!

goblet_fulla_fire

I thought about that. But then I thought, why would Voldemort put a horcrux in somebody he was planning to kill?
I am a dog.

LavyBrown

lolz good point....but if you think about it it makes sence. I mean if you know that someone was always going to be safe wouldn't you give them something.
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Neo

but he didnt know that harry was going to be safe. and that says nothing about the fact that in the last 6 books, HE HAS TRIED TO DESTROY HARRY! why would he destroy harry if harry had his last horcrux? and also, voldemort only used things with magical history, except for the diary, which would allow people to see that he was the Heir of Slytherian. He would never use the body of a Muggle-born who he was told was phophetized to destroy him. it doesn't make sense.
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

LavyBrown

ya,ya,ya whatever. Besides Harry dose have magciacl history
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age