News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

no goblet of fire auditions!

Started by ronweazley122, July 23, 2002, 11:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronweazley122

guys i just found out from a good site the truth about the goblet of fire look at this article:

According to a report at Dark Horizons, Warner Bros. President and Chief Operations Officer, Alan Horn, recently spoke to a UC Santa Barbara Film Studies class and dished out some info on Harry Potter.

During a Q&A with the instructor, Horn reiterated previously confirmed info that they're in the process of shooting the second installment and that the screenplay for the third film, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (my personal fav in the series), is currently being written.  Horn says that the screenplay is being written so that child actors can "age appropriately."  I assume he means that the reason that they're rushing production on the first three films is so that they can use the same set of child actors in at least the first three Potter installments.

Horn also dished that because of the length of book four, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, they're considering adapting it into a two-part film.  I don't really know if this would work, but it's something they have to consider. It'd ruin the book to condense it into a two-hour film.  I still say they should make a 3 1/2 hour film with a thirty-minute intermission, but I don't know how many kiddies could tolerate that.  On the other hand, book four isn't really a kid's book at all, so there you have it.

In addition to the great discussion, the class was shown the various trailers for the film, including a third trailer that was very similar to the initial teaser trailer only the various shots and scenes were extended.  Could this be the third trailer that may arrive in theaters on November 2nd?  The new trailer had much more dialogue and some reportedly great new shots.  There's a new scene where Harry and Ron are playing chess in the Gryffindor common room with Ron's magical chess set that the scooper calls "simply awesome."

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

That's very interesting.  I agree with the author totally.
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

MrsRadcliffe0480

Yeah me too, but I wish they weren't recasting Harry, Ron, and 'Mione for the 4th movie... it just won't be the same! :-[
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*·-»Amy
(¸.·

ronweazley122

they aren't....that was the point .......there filming each one back to back....actually,i don't know.....where did u get the idea they were recasting? :Dlol

MrsRadcliffe0480

from Shelby, and from an online article. They're only keeping Dan, Rupert, and Emma until the P.O.A. movie!
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*·-»Amy
(¸.·

Hermione_Granger

hmm i still think they should recast, also to be fair to get other pll to have expireiences...i got it from tons of ppl, articles, ppl from the uk, my friends....they've al heard, but i'll cal karen, all right?
is barbies name REALLY barbra, but barbie is just 4 short?

Hermione_Granger

frankly, i can say im ticked off. no one knows for sure yet, eithe rone is a rumour. i ohpe they get too old, cuz they don';t suit the characters all that well, personally, that is what i think...for many reasons. i;ll call karen, and i'll ask her,all right? can u ppl to if u havce the time? that way she'll at least answer npe of us.

karen lindsay-stewart phone #
020-7439-0544
fax #- 020-7439-0548

i will try as much as i can, honestly, they better be recasting...big bad news fir me, isnt it? an escapedmurderer in my city... i cant auditon for my fave character, who i look exactly like... and im gonig to my dads tomorrow. darn...sumone is trying to put me down...

ronweazley122

think about it......if you were a child star,and you were working on a movie all your life then your fired....why,You'd probably end up like all child actors....
on drugs steeling from shops:all because you lost your fame....you couldn't get another job so you resort to steeling for money.....before you know it your dead and your life is such a scandal that your on E Hollywood true story....how sad just think about that.... :'(

MrsRadcliffe0480

Now let's not exaggerate Ron...
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*·-»Amy
(¸.·

ronweazley122

but it's true!it could happen.....it happened to other child actors..........anyway...I don't think you should curse.... them what if they were reading this stuff!!tey would feel bad....poor emma...Dan......Rupert...Leave em' alone! >:(so do u agree with me?cause u know mrs.r....you sure ain't seein' dan in a movie again if he's fired....he'll end up as a british actor...they won't be in america...

Hermione_Granger

i don't throw myself at fmaous ppl, but i wouldn't want to hurt their feelings, of cours e iwouldn't!i'm just saying, as a very big h.p. fan, ya know? listen, they're famous, i'm sure they could get other jobs in movies! no, i don't agree with u....hold on

.:~*Shuiliya*~:.

I'm very confused.  This whole convo doesn't make any sense.
The only child actors that commit suicide and steal money and do drugs are the ones the acted all there life and never got a real childhood.  
I don't think they should recast.  It would be so different, and it wouldn't make sense.  Frankly, although the actors aren't the best, and don't look the perfect role, it's stuck.  Deal with it.  You don't always get what you want.  That's why there the expression, "Never get your hopes too high, 'coz then it won't happen, and you'll be crushed'.
There are other movies out there to be a part of!  Try out for some of those!  Don't stick to one that you have a slim chance of getting into.  Expirience other things.  And if you try to get into 1 movie, then you'll never have the chance to get in any others.
Sry if I'm sounding mean...  :-\
Shui~the Queen of Monkii's in the Future World
      ~One of the two brilliant... beautiful... and majestic Spelling Mages!

Be happy! :D

MrsRadcliffe0480

Ron, I understand your point of view but Dan wouldn't be fired! I mean, it's not his fault if he gets old... it's the ways of nature. I'm sure he'll be in other theatrical productions!
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*·-»Amy
(¸.·

Lily_Evans

Dan's probaly going to stay ...........he's only 13..................

hpcoolest5

I want em to stay. they're really good. i think so neway.
^-^
I luv Dan Rad!