News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Had Harry ever an idea on his own?

Started by uNoPoh, September 24, 2005, 06:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uNoPoh

I've postet elsewhere - I'm on my second turn reading all the books from 1-6 (currently at book 6) and let me ask you a question:

How on earth will Harry be able to survive against Voldemort? I mean the best idea in 6 years that Harry had on his own was faking to drop felix felices in Rons drink before the match. No - I'm not fair - I guess he had an idea back in book 1 or 2 - but I just can't remember.
He was pressed to everything else - learning the patronus, the triwizard tournament (in the first two tasks Harry was really lame) - and on the other hand....
Look at Snape - invented spells on his own, when he was in Harrys age.
The Weasley twins - highly creative.
Sirius and his das - they learned by themselves how to become animagi.
Not to speak of voldemort in Harrys age.

I think Harry character has a long way to go in book 7 until he is able to face Voldemort.
Everybody has the right to be stupid
and it has come to my attention that you are abusing your privileges!

Neo

"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

jon weasley

7  1/2 days till the deathly hallows!!!!!!!!!!!!

uNoPoh

El pesimista es un optimista bien informado.

Instead of bashing around, you could argument. I don't deny that Harry copes with extraordinary events in the books, but compared to others he seems a bit uncreative.

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: jon weasley on September 27, 2005, 08:35:51 AM
you both think on the down side and suck

Jon, unless you have some argument to contribute, I suggest you stop posting in this topic. If I see you posting like this again (i.e. childish attitude, and trying to make others feel bad) I will report it to Admin and ask him to do something about it.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

jon weasley

i am just stating something that has been on my mind i will try to do better

Ginny Weasly

Thank you, because I don't want to report you, or anybody else.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

jon weasley

Em

Quote from: jon weasley on September 27, 2005, 08:35:51 AM
you both think on the down side and suck

you know what? I've seen about a half dozen abusive posts from you somehow started an argument and I see one more I will report you...  >:(

jon weasley

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: uNoPoh on September 24, 2005, 06:32:01 AM
I've postet elsewhere - I'm on my second turn reading all the books from 1-6 (currently at book 6) and let me ask you a question:

How on earth will Harry be able to survive against Voldemort? I mean the best idea in 6 years that Harry had on his own was faking to drop felix felices in Rons drink before the match. No - I'm not fair - I guess he had an idea back in book 1 or 2 - but I just can't remember.
He was pressed to everything else - learning the patronus, the triwizard tournament (in the first two tasks Harry was really lame) - and on the other hand....
Look at Snape - invented spells on his own, when he was in Harrys age.
The Weasley twins - highly creative.
Sirius and his das - they learned by themselves how to become animagi.
Not to speak of voldemort in Harrys age.

I think Harry character has a long way to go in book 7 until he is able to face Voldemort.

Your right, most of the great things Harry has done, he was helped with. Alot.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

uNoPoh

My point is not only, that he had much help from others, but that the impulse to do things hardly ever came from Harry himself. He was more or less involved in all these events, he never initiated something out of himself.

But otherwise we can't expect him to face all tasks alone - that would be the style of voldemort. Consequentely he should rely on his strength - love and his friends - that help him. So I think maybe I was too focused on the 1:1 duell but maybe it is not at all J.K.'s intention to letting Harry face him alone.

That would be a good point - in the end of book 7 - Voldemort is on his own, because he never had friends and Ron and Hermione are standing beside Harry. (Wait, I posted elsewhere that Ron has to die)

americanbeauty15

i really don't know guys! i like him in a way! :-*

jon weasley

Fraphead

I agree that Harry has had a lot of help but he isn't dumb or anything.
"Your not this brave at night are you?"
"This is night Dinkey Duddy Kins that's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."