News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Had Harry ever an idea on his own?

Started by uNoPoh, September 24, 2005, 06:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

Nobody said that.

But he had way more help then the average person.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

jon weasley

7  1/2 days till the deathly hallows!!!!!!!!!!!!

Em

Lets see...

Voldemort had all of his followers... I'm sure they helped a lot...

The Twins may be highly creative, but they wouldn't be anywhere without Harry's help...

He's not the greatest, but I think he's gotten pretty far for all he's been through...

uNoPoh

Voldemorts followers helped him - hmm
I would rather say, he used them and directed them to achieve his goals. Dumbledore says more than once in book 6 that Voldemort never had true friends or whatever - he made his decisions alone. It wouldn't fit - I can't imagine him with a bunch of people trying to find out more about the secrets of dark arts. I think he made this on his own.
Everybody has the right to be stupid
and it has come to my attention that you are abusing your privileges!

uNoPoh

For the twins: I'm not discussing the fact, that they are running a joke shop - but they do invent things on their own.

I think you misunderstand me - I do not want to measure - who ist the greatest wizard, or who has been through more perils - all I wanted to state was that Harry hardly ever acted out of his own impulse. He just reacted to the circumstances.

I think Harry is a great character - but he is not very creative.
Everybody has the right to be stupid
and it has come to my attention that you are abusing your privileges!

jon weasley

Neo

I agree with uNoPoh, he's exactly right.
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

jon weasley

Neo

"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

jon weasley

Em

Quote from: uNoPoh on October  6, 2005, 12:47:21 AM

I think Harry is a great character - but he is not very creative.

Yea, I guess he isn't... 

jon weasley

Em

Ok, everybody has a right to their own opinion, but you at least need a reason to back your opinion up... so....

mamabiscuit

i always think harry is a bit silly he seems to need alot of help with everything i mean look at the triwizard tournament he thinks he's doing so great but really he got there only thanks to the help of other people moody (barty crouch jr) hermione and harry help him practice and the philosaurs stone it was all hermione really and suppose in two he does a little thinking but he also gets a lot of help from fawkes
J K Rowling IS THE BEST! J K ROWLING IS THE BEST!