News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

~New Girl~

Started by Mistress_of_War, October 16, 2005, 10:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Lavender_

It was beginning to rain.

No doubt, Lavender loved the rain, but for once in her miserable life, she was not accustomed to it. All summer she had been away, longing to be at her only home, at Hogwarts castle. Now that she was at the train, on her way, she had lost interest in a great many things. The year before, she had learned many a wrenching things. She was more of a lost, wandering soul that she had ever, truly been.

With a great weight upon her depressed shoulders, a great sized, magnificently black, silky smooth cat pawed her way into the train. Many younger students screamed and huddled into their compartments with their friends. Many became merely still, and got out of her way. Either way, all the students of the train parted, and allowed the great beast of a cat through with no contact. Lavender passed many compartments, closed, open, either way sensing those she knew, and a fair few she was close to. Yet her head did not raise from its dreadful droop, as she made her swaying way, to the very last, darkest, and most secluded booths. The doors slammed dully behind her, and the see-through glass became fogged with a black haze - leaving Lavender completely, alone.

She leaped ever gracefully to the table, and mewed a soft sigh, running her tongue, over a large gash upon her paw.
Slowly, the train began its steady movements - and in the soft trickles of light that passed through slits in the covered up window, the many bleeding wounds, on the black cat, became ever evident. They were not so easily healable, or Lavender would have quickly healed them up herself.
She lay her head down, and drooped off into a wary sleep..
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Mistress_of_War

Akilah sinced a strange presence. She walked out into the hall and followed to the source. Opening a door, she saw a cat and said,"What..."

_Lavender_

There was a flash of grayish mist, and the large, sleeping cat suddenly materialized into the pale, human beauty of Lavender. She sat upon the table still, long, lean, toned legs dangling over the side, crossed at the knee, panted in black jeans. Silky, majestic raven hair poured to her lower back, cascading about her thin, pale face, finely honed and featured, many shaded evergreen, dazzling eyes watching the intruder intently. Black robes flowed about her body, enclosing her very athletic, strong, but thin form. Beneath a darkening aura, Lavender watched the girl patiently - cattish eyes and reflexes alert.

Mistress_of_War

"Hey,are you alright?"Akilah said worriedly.

_Lavender_

~~I am fine.~~ Her reply came, directly to the girl's thoughts, not spoken aloud.
It hurt for Lavender to speak then. As if she would admit that.
~~If you knew me well enough, you would know that blood is a frequent occurence around me..~~

Mistress_of_War

"Do you need help? I have some healing herbs in my pack."Akilah pulled out a leather bag.

_Lavender_

~~I am fine,~~ she purred patiently.
Though Lavender had grown some patience over the summer, she had not changed much. Much.. Well, her personality had not changed too much.

Mistress_of_War

"Okay. Do you want me to leave you alone?"Akilah said after putting the leather bag in her pocket.

_Lavender_

Lavender smiled then. Though such a thing was in all fairness ghostly, it in itself was dazzling to see.
She smoothly leaned foreword, pressing her palms to the table, her eyes now curious, almost gentle, yet very clouded.

"I have never seen you before. You have never known me. Yet you offer kindness, and respectability enough to care, and, perhaps leave me alone, should I have wished it?"
She hid the discomfort of speaking well - he melodious tones rang out quite smoothly.

"Your kind are a fair few. Admitted, there are just nice people in the world, many ignorant. Yet you seem to know what you are doing - you seem to be far from ignorance. Very respectable."

Lavender's solemn eyes met hers.
"Who are you?"

Mistress_of_War

"Akilah Binte-Hakim. I hail from the Empty Quarter in Saudi Arabia."Akilah still looked worried.

_Lavender_

"Interesting," she said lightly, smiling with near mock-gently simplicity. She was too roughened to be truly gentle these days.
"Akilah, then. Welcome, to Hogwarts."

Lavender waved her hand, and the clouded window suddenly became crystalized in its clearness, the image of the great,  towering castle of Hogwarts large and foreboding as they approached.

Mistress_of_War

"Here, let me atleast take you to the school doctor."

ronweazley122

*ron appeared on the train,playing with a flame he had started in his hand* *he was about to walk past,then he saw lavender*You okay?
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne

_Lavender_

Beneath her dangling feet, now alit by the sudden light pouring in from the gaping window, a pool of deep reddish liquid stirred. Lavender pretended not to notice, even as her cloak suddenly seemed to drape over it, shading it from view.

~~I'm fine...~~

Mistress_of_War

Akilah looked at the blood."We need to get her to the informery."She said to the boy.