News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Yo I'm New

Started by AnnaBelle, November 28, 2005, 04:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnaBelle

My name is AnnaBelle and I just joined, but I've never joined a forum before so I'm kind of lost :-[.  After 20 minutes I finally figured out how to post a new topic. When I figured it out, I wanted to kick myself for being so stupid, so I suppose the rest should be just as easy. 

Ginny Weasly

Actually, figuring out how to make a new thread is one of the hardest things to do, so you're pretty much set.

If you look in the Sorting Hat, you'll find Newbie F.A.Q.s that Fawkes made. If you need help, easist thing to do is look there first. If you don't find an answer there, just ask someone!

And welcome!!
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Em

Welcome to HPFF! Enjoy!....

Punchline: Do have fun and don't forget to respect others!

And of course, welcome.
(And, if you guys see the same post word for word too many times, you guys will suspect me to be a machine :P)

Neo

"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

AnnaBelle

Hey, thanks for all the welcomes!  :)

And Ginny thank you for the advice, I'll have to check that out. 

Fawkes

Welcome AnnaBelle! I do hope you have a great time here! Like Ginny said check out the FAQs I put all the basic forum stuff there.. ;)

-Fawkes

Another thing though, you should come online and post more often, AnnaBelle! ;D

AnnaBelle

I can only get on the computer for an hour a day at the most and that includes doing homework that needs typed and stuff.  I'll try to post more often, but I'm scared of saying something stupid.   :-X :-[ :P

Ginny Weasly

Hey, I say stupid stuff all the time, don't worry about it.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

My computer restriction is generally the same, but then I hardly get homework that needs typing.
As for stupid stuff, don't worry. It's OK embarrassing yourself once in a while. All you need to do is comfort youself by remembering that there are some people who embarass themselves every time they speak :P ;D

Fawkes

lol^^

Yes don't worry about saying something stupid.. It's your opinion and it's none of the other people's business what you think or say as long as it's nothing offensive ;)

AnnaBelle

*smiles* Okay, I'll work on trying not to worry about saying something stupid.  I usually have a hard time of thinking of what I should say, but I'll post as much as I can.  A lot of the threads I read are are really off topic, so it's kind of hard to join in.   :-\

Ginny Weasly

Yeah, thats a problem all of us have. Either quote the first post and bring the wholt hing back on topic, or make a new one.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

AnnaBelle

Okay.  Thanks for all the help.  I don't feel so stupid now. :P But I do feel behind in posts.  I only have 9 and most of you have thousands! I'll never have near that many!  :o