News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

I'm new! yeeeey!

Started by Palace Gaytes, February 25, 2006, 01:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palace Gaytes

Hello!  Nice to meet everyone!  I'm Ruka.  I play Palace Gaytes.  ^_^

I like RP-ing (obviously), drawing, writing, making dolls, messing around with graphics programs, watching Flash cartoons, playing video games (currently I've just finished FFX and am back to playing FFX-2, which I'd started without ever even playing FFX...which was why I went back and finished the first game, because it's pretty confusing when you don't know the back history! lol!), reading (Harry Potter--again...obviously... xD  I also like Neil Gaiman, Rumiko Takahashi, Max Allan Collins, David Eddings, Mercedes Lackey and lots of others), aaaaand...stuuuff...  xD  I like anime and manga, too.  Anyone have a favorite series?  :3

Uhm!  That's all for now, really.  I just wanted to introduce myself!  ^_^
~~She's fading away.  Away from this world.  Drifting like a feather, she's not like the other girls.  She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds.  Hopeless little one.  She's not like the other girls I know...~~ ("Not Like The Other Girls"--The Rasmus)

Neo

Welcome!

I read manga and watch anime too. My fav mangas are Love Hina and DearS. Fav animes....hmmm...well, first would be Ah! My Goddess, and the second would W!tch Hunter Robin. What about you?

*edit*

I don't know why it did it, but for some reason HPFF blocked the word W!TCH, so I had to misspell it. Any ideas why it got blocked?
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

Ginny Weasly

Neo's a guy, so he obviously loves DearS and Love Hina. Lolz.

Personally, FullMetal Alchemist is my favorite manga and anime. But I also read(and watch) Tokyo Mew Mew, Fruits Basket, Naruto, Neon Genisis Evangelion and a few others.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Palace Gaytes

Thank you for the welcome!  ^_^

You know, I've never read DearS, but I work in a book store and the covers I see are really really pretty.  I like Love Hina a lot--Su is my favorite.  :3  Ah! Megami-sama was actually one of the first anime series I'd ever seen and fallen in love with.  And *lalala* Hunter Robin is just cool.  :D

My favorite manga (at the moment) is Fruits Basket (well, I am a girl... ^^;), though I'm a big old-school fan of Here is Greenwood (also a shoujo series)(the Greenwood anime was right up there in the first anime series I'd ever watched and I scrounged to get my hands on the manga, even though back when I was doing this, it wasn't translated. ^^;;)  Oh!  I like FullMetal Alchemist too!  :D  And Tokyo Mew Mew and Eva, though I haven't read/seen any Naruto yet.  <--really needs to get on the ball. xD  Excel Saga is an amazing manga/series, too...amazingly psychotic, but amazing!  ^.^

Still, though it's been years and it was an OAV only, my very favorite anime is Vampire Hunter D.  I'm ecstatic that they came out with the books, so now I can read about all the cool stuff I didn't understand in the original movie and in the newer movie, Bloodlust.  (The book is wildly different than the movie--it's pretty neat. :3 )  Although, One Piece (manga and anime) comes in a close second!  *squishes Sanzo!!!*  I love Sanzo~  :3 
~~She's fading away.  Away from this world.  Drifting like a feather, she's not like the other girls.  She lives in the clouds and talks to the birds.  Hopeless little one.  She's not like the other girls I know...~~ ("Not Like The Other Girls"--The Rasmus)

Ginny Weasly

I watch One Piece every staurday, cause they are the new episodes. I don't read it, I don't have the money to buy it and none of my friends have it either.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Neo

Lol what are you trying to imply? I'll have you know I read DearS and Love Hina for the great storyline! Wait...*gets a secret message*...well, I've just been informed that there are pretty girls in those mangas, but I definatly never realized that until now! Honest! :P ;D
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

Ginny Weasly

Heh, at least you admit it. This one boy (an ex-boyfriend in fact) saw me reading FullMetal Alchemist and said 'You read that?' I told him yes and he snorted and said 'Love Hina is better.' I just laughed and turned around and gave my cousin (she's really into manga and anime, knows alot more then I do) and gave her a pointed look and he blushed and said something about how he likes the story.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Fawkes

Hello! Welcome to HPFF!
FFX-2 .. I got that game.. in Japanese so I didn't get the story :P ;D
What other games do you play?

Neo

Quote from: Ginny Weasly on February 26, 2006, 08:35:20 AM
Heh, at least you admit it. This one boy (an ex-boyfriend in fact) saw me reading FullMetal Alchemist and said 'You read that?' I told him yes and he snorted and said 'Love Hina is better.' I just laughed and turned around and gave my cousin (she's really into manga and anime, knows alot more then I do) and gave her a pointed look and he blushed and said something about how he likes the story.

Well I'll be honest about DearS, I do read that for the "artwork", but Love Hina is the manga that got me into manga and anime, so it holds a special place in my heart lol. That one I do read for both the art and the storyline, because I can identify with Keitaro in a lot of ways :P