News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

HAPPY EASTER!

Started by Neo, April 16, 2006, 08:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LavyBrown

lol I beat you both!!!!!
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Neo

you beat us both in what? i can speak spanish to a certain degree, since im in spanish 4, but i just have trouble writing it because i forgot how to spell a lot of it.
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

LavyBrown

I can speak english, spanish and french!!! oh....what now!!! oh, my mom tried to teah me greman but that didn't really work out

Ginny Weasly

I know a few tourist stuff in French, I had to learn it cause I'm going there this summer, but I wouldn't call that knowing it. And I can sing a song in Russian, and tranaslate a few words, but that's not knowing it either.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

my spanish pretty much sucks but I can form senteces and talk to someone for about ten 15 mintes..but that's all

Neo

My best friend is fluent in english and german...
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

LavyBrown

most amrican's are fluent in english ::)

goblet_fulla_fire

I know how to swear in some languages. But before anybody can jump to any conclusions, I go to school with some very loud mouthed people.
I am a dog.

Neo

Lol that's because we don't speak English Lavy, we speak American. That and the fact that since America doesn't have an official language, the requirement to learn English isn't there. You can't expect people to do something if they aren't required to do it.

LavyBrown

good point.....but then they can just learn it since most people in America speak English American

Neo

But when textbooks, etc., are written in multiple languages, they aren't being forced to learn as they should be.

LavyBrown

Neo

Its the same as "multiculturalism". If you don't teach true American culture, and try and say that all cultures are equal and better than the culture of your own nation, then you cannot keep a people together, you can't get people to love something they know nothing about and have no respect for. If people respect and know more about other countries and cultures than our own, you can't expect people to love and respect the great nation we live in. That is the lie of multiculturalism and multilingualism.

jon weasley

Quote from: LavyBrown on April 18, 2006, 07:27:49 AM
I can speak english, spanish and french!!! oh....what now!!! oh, my mom tried to teah me greman but that didn't really work out
i can speak german french spanish and a little japanese
7  1/2 days till the deathly hallows!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeeperGirl

I can speak english and a little japanese and a little italian