News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

RISING POWER

Started by Kiara Johnson, September 9, 2006, 10:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

Ok, here is the newest, if I don't get replies, I will not post more, so if you like, please let me know, thanks

Chapter 1 Hidden Danger

The street was quiet, not a sound other than the cricket song out in the dark field.  The moon was hiding behind heavy clouds and the soft breeze that washed through the small park was carrying on its back the pleasant scent of summer flowers and something else, something the small girl of 17 couldn't distinguish.  It was odd for her as she could usually pick out every scent brought to her nose from the wind that blew through the town but this was odd, strange, something never before smelt and she didn't like it one bit.  The hairs on her neck stood up and she emitted a low growl, she hopped to her two feet and looked out into the darkness to try and find the source of the smell, but even with her cat-like sight, she saw nothing.  She began to walk towards the scent, the hair in her neck still standing quite tall, her every muscle tensed and ready for what might lay ahead.

"Hurry up, someone's coming."

"Oh shut up, no one could be around that would make for a problem, I can smell another wizard a mile away and if it is a Muggle then we kill it, that simple, I need to finish this in quiet, so shut up!"

"Oh right, but if Snape finds out you were taking the risk..." The first voice warned then trailed off to keep a look out for the presence he felt on its way to investigate what was taking place deep within the forested part of the small park they hid in.

The small girl stopped just on the edge of the thick grove of trees at eh back of the park, she stood, as still as any statue her cat-like golden orbs searching the darkness beyond.  She saw a movement, took in a deep breath and barely held back another growl.  There was definitely something going on in there, and whatever it was, it was not natural and would probably stand to be put a stop to before the humans of her town became unwillingly caught in whatever it was these two, possibly more, individuals were up to.

The small form of the girl began to melt away, her arms retracting into her body, on her head a pair of pointed cat ears began to sprout, and then, in a matter of mere seconds, where she once stood, was a sleek black leopard, its golden gaze narrowing as it stepped lightly and without sound into the thick grove to disappear almost totally up into the high branches of the trees, its long sharp claws giving it fast speed upwards and through until it now perched itself, unseen above the two males below who looked to be pouring their attention over a medium sized black cauldron over a small fire.  Her tail twitched as the sour scent wafted its way up to her nose, and once more, stifled a deep growl that was nearly forced from her throat.

The first boy, a tall dark-haired boy of about 18 seemed to be the one selected to stand watch, the other, a sharp looking, neatly trimmed and cared fro boy, blonde and of about the same age, stood, stirring the contents of the cauldron, his gray-blue eyes shimmering in the firelight, reflecting the orange glow with a brilliance that nearly caught the cat off her guard as she found those eyes almost mesmerizing.

"Draco, you about done?" The dark haired boy asked, turning to look at the other.

"Just about, in a few minutes we should have this perfected and then we can dump it into the water supply."  The one named Draco replied with a sinister grin, made even more so in the orange glow of the fire.  "Just think, all those Muggles under his control, doing his bidding and not even knowing about it, this is too great."  The blonde boy stated again, with that same grin on his face.  "You see that person you were so worried about?"

"No, must have changed directions, false alarm I would gather."  The dark haired boy responded, taking another look about eh grove, his actions were not so confident as those of the one named Draco, the dark haired boy seemed quite apprehensive about the whole ordeal.

"There, that should about do it, see how it turns clear, that was what we were..."

The cat jumped down from the tree, and began to circle to the two boys.

There were a few scrams, a flash of green light, gold light and a roar of anger, then a shriek of pain and another.  The darkness was then lit up by a bright array of colors ass the cauldron was tipped over, splashing its contents and spilling into the fire.  The explosion could have been heard for miles and miles, the flash of light was so bright it turned the dark night into day for several long seconds before finally going out and the silence, complete and total silence.

By the time the police got there, there was already two oddly clothed men standing around a mess of sticky liquid and a dead boy, but there was nothing else.  The oddly clad men standing around flicked slender wands at the policemen and the turned around and left, thinking that they were just simply on a night patrol, and there was nothing to remember that was worth anything.

"Probably just a couple of kids setting off fireworks eh John?"  The first policeman said.

"Ya, you're probably right, nothing more.  Well, no sign of them now, might as well get back tot eh streets and find some real crimes."  The second stated and they walked away.

Back in the grove, the two men standing about began to turn their attention to the matter at hand, they had a dead boy, unrecognizable by the way he was so burnt, a spilled cauldron with an undistinguishable sticky liquid sluggishly pouring out of it and steaming quite rapidly in the cold air of the night.

"What do you figure happened here Johnson?'

"Looks like a struggle, there was definitely more than this one here, look around, at the ground Johnson."  Johnson stated, swinging his hand wide around the small area.  "There is another set of foot prints, see, they don't match, and by the looks of it, a third party, a large feline of some sort, I would be willing to bet that the cat was what started or rather, ended this whole affair, but where is the other boy, now that is our question."

"Well, likely the cat drug him off, see over there, you can see where there was something, or someone, being dragged off but the trial ends abruptly, looks like our cat got hungry perhaps?  Took him to the trees from here?"  Grossman responded.

"no, no cat would stick around for a meal after an explosion like this, it would have taken off in fright, no, we have no regular feline here, I am willing to bet once more, tot eh fact that what we have is a Lycanthrope that stumbled upon something it didn't like and the two boys tried to stop the cat from killing them and this is the result, and the one dragged off, will probably be quite alive and wishing he was dead by this time."  Johnson stated, turning around and flicking his wand at the mess, cleaning it up on the spot.  "As for our 'john Doe' better get him back tot eh Ministry for identity check, I think this substance will need scrutiny as well, let's get going."  He finished, taking the cauldron by the handle as Grossman took the boy in hand and then with a loud POP they dissaperated from the scene, leaving it as though there was not but perhaps a small campfire built and put out during the night.

tswee24

Please continue with your story...

Kiara Johnson

Chapter 2 Interrupted Birthday

"Catch Harry!"  Max yelled as he tossed a bottle of Fire whiskey to his soon to be brother-in-law. 

"Thanks Max."  Harry smiled back as he caught the bottle and uncapped it in one motion.  "You want some sis?"  He turned and asked Kiara, his sister.  "I mean it is our birthday after all, you can't never drink you know."  He laughed and filled her a glass anyway, rather she wanted one or not.

"Thanks Harry, I guess one drink with my brother on our birthday won't kill me."  Kiara smiled, shaking her head as she walked over, put an arm about her brothers shoulders and taking up her glass in the other.  "To one more year we've lived through it all."  She said, raising her glass into the air.

There was several clinking sounds as Harry, Max and Ginny all three said "Here, here"  To her toast, all of them knew what it meant, and that was an awful lot, considering what the four of them had been through over the last 3 years.  Then, all at once, ther was a loud POP.

"Hello Dad."  Max said as he started to walk over to him then stopped, the look on his dad's face was grim.  "What's going on Dad?"  He asked.

Kiara and Harry both brought their glasses from their lips, Ginny however, took on elong drink from the contents of hers before settling it down on the table before her.  "Well, looks like we've got some work ahead of us, and that just might be the last taste of that stuff I get for a very long time."  The red-haired girl quipped, her emerald eyes daring anyone to say a word, of course, not a single one was said.

"So, what's up Minister?"  Harry asked.

"Please Harry, Call me Mr. Johnson, Max if you must, but no need to be formal here."  Mr. Johnson stated and then proceeded to tell them of the previous nights adventure.

"So, you're saying that the potion they were concocting would have put an entire town under control?"  Kiara asked, just making certain she had it right.

"That's right Kiara, and the dead boy, we discovered, was The Goyel boy, you remember him, one of Draco's thugs."  Mr. Johnson replied.

"Yes, all too well."  Max answered his father with distaste in his words.

"So now we have to find the cat?  Is that the problem?"  Ginny piped in.  "Want a glass Mr. Johnson?"  She then asked, holding up the bottle of Whiskey,

"Yes, I think I do Mss. Weasley, that sounds like a good idea right now."  Mr. Johnson replied, with a thankful smile.

"You know, I might be able to get a handle on this Lycanthrope, the animals in the forest might have a clue."  Ginny then went on after filling and handing a glass to Mr. Johnson.  She could sense that the Minister had not slept all night and was very stressed over this incident.  However, it wasn't Ginny who began to voice her concerns.

"So, what's he up to Mr. Johnson, what's my father got going now?"  Kiara asked with a sort of resigned feel to her tone.  Max looked at her questionably, not liking her revered tone in the matter.  "Go on, let us hear it, I mean, he's OUR father after all, if he'd up to something, gaining more power..." She stopped and closed her eyes and sighed.  "That's it, isn't it, he's built himself up to that point again, hasn't he?"  She questioned, though she already knew the answer.  She opened her eyes slowly and turned to look as Harry who, like her was holding back the urge to scream.

"Yes, his followers are growing again, I have managed to keep things at a low, but I don't know how much longer the Ministry is going to be able to keep him away from the Muggle population, after last night, it just proves that he's begun to spread out his army to take over their minds to follow him, puppets for the puppet master in his sick twisted war to rule the world."  Mr. Johnson replied and then took a long swig from his tall glass.  "You four are all the Ministry, I, have to look to.  After Dumbledore's fall... I am afraid that we lost our edge, you are the best, his students, the ones he worked with for just this time."  He then told them, a heavy sigh ending his words.  "I hate to ask this kids, but, I have no there choice, Max, Kiara, Harry, Ginny, please, the Ministry needs you, I need you."  Mr. Johnson then finished, looking at each one in turn, regarding them as his blue orbs circled the room of perhaps the most powerful mix of magical beings this world knew.  Kiara, immortal Keeper of the earth, Max, immortal keeper of the ethereal planes, his son, Harry, immortal at his sisters hand and fabled destroyer of the Darkest Wizard known to human and all other kind, Ginny, Psychic master, animal friend and keeper of the Forests, immortal as well.  All four of them apart were near impossible to destroy, together; there was nothing that the Minister or, the departed Albus Dumbledore, felt they couldn't accomplish.

"Of course you know that if he's gotten that strong already, then he's probably got a few new tricks up his sleeve as well." Max stated.  "like the beautiful but deadly Shadow, and the infernal devil on his side."  He continued and then laughed, reaching for his glass of whiskey and took a long drink form the contents, draining the goblet in less than a few seconds.  "You know Gin, I think you've had a good idea, it truly might just be a very long time before I have the chance for another drink."  He stated, winking at her.

"Ya, and who knows when we might gat a chance to celebrate our birthday again like this."  Harry piped in, taking his glass in his hand once more and following suit to Max, draining his cup with one fell swoop.

"Very well, then."  Kiara stated with a sigh as she held her glass to her lips and then, following suit of her fiancé and her brother, downed her glass of whiskey as well.

"Hey you guys, hang on here...." Ginny growled then took up her half emptied glass, and then finishing it up with one gulp.  "I stated it, so I suppose I am the one to finish it as well then."  She stated, taking a deep breath and settling her now empty container onto the table as well.

"I take that as you all agree to help me out?"  Mr. Johnson said raising a brow at the lot of them.

The four looked at one another and then turned to the Minister and nodded at once.  "Of course we will, I mean, after all, I couldn't let down my future father-in-law, now could I?"  Kiara smiled at the Minister.

"Of course not Kiara, but I just want you all to be very careful, there are things out there that we know not of, like this Lycanthrope for instance, is it on our side, or against us."  He stated, definitely not a question.

"Or on it's own perhaps, making a third party to worry about."  Max added to his fathers comment.  "We will be careful father, and I promise to see you in the morning, now, go home, get some rest, mom will be worried about you."  He finished, standing up to see his father off.

After Mr. Johnson had dissaperated from the room, the four once again settled onto their prospective positions on the couch, Kiara sitting with Max, Ginny with Harry.  The rest of the night went without speaking of what was to come, Harry and Kiara opened their gifts from their closest friends, Ron and the twins showed up, Lavender Potter came by to wish them a happy birthday even Sebastian, Kiara's half brother made an appearance, to Max's disgust.  In the end however, it was just the four of them, in Kiara's old home just a few miles away from Hogwarts and not a single one of them would sleep that night, though they would lay in their beds, their eyes would not close, their brilliant minds working too hard on the things they would come upon in the very near future.  Kiara wondered if her toast was perhaps a bit premature.

~Harry Potter~

Great Story Kiara, I wonder if this one will change the history of HPFF like your other stories did.  ;)
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Ginny Weasly

*jumps around like a crazy person* Weeeee!!
Awesome, and I'm in it, which makes me doubly happy. I woulda read it anyway! Lolz.

Anyways, BUMP!

Kiara, you truly are an inspiration to writers everywhere.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Kiara Johnson

((Thanks :)  Huggles ~K~))

CHAPTER 3 RUDE AWAKENING

"Wake up you stupid wizard."  A gruff and most unfriendly woman's voice hit his ears,.

Draco Malfoy, age 18 opened his blue-gray eyes slowly, his head hurt and it felt as though he'd been asleep for several days by the dryness in his throat and the pounding in his head.

"Wh, where am I?'  He asked with a scratchy voice.

"Shut up."  The woman's voice echoed in his ears again.

He couldn't see, his eyes were opened, he knew that much but he couldn't see a thing.  "Am I blind?"  He asked with slight hesitation in his voice.

"No, stupid, you just haven't opened your eyes yet."  The voice told him, Draco opened his eyes, this time, and he knew they were opening, the bright light hit his pupils with a searing pain and he clamped them shut again quickly.  "Where am I?"  He asked, now a bit put off, what with his head pounding and the voice he kept hearing so gruff.

"You're in my home, now open your eyes... NOW!"  The voice rang loudly, angry in his mind, yes, it was in his mind, not to his ears this time.

"Get out of my head."  He growled.

"You're in no position to be demanding anything of me, wizard, now open your eyes before I make you open them."  The voice growled in his mind once more.

Draco forced his eyes back open again, the light still stinging them as if a thousand pin prickles had been jammed in there.  His sight was blurred at first, his eyes squinting to try and focus.  After a few minutes however, he began to be able to take in the room he laid in.

He could see that it was a large room with ornate walls and exquisite art adorning the walls; the colors were all in gold, green and black.  He seemed to be laying on a large bed, covered with silken blankets the color of the walls.  There was a large armoire to his right, and a closet to his left, he couldn't see behind him but at the foot of the bed stood a beautiful woman, or rather, he noticed, a girl.  She had large dark brown eyes, her skin was pale but not too pale, her hair was a glorious shade of bronze with black streaks running down the front of either side of her head.  She was small and athletic in frame, she looked too strong for her size, perhaps a trick of the light, but he could swear her pupils had elongated then returned to normal again, he shook his head, a mistake he soon regretted as his already throbbing skull threatened to split wide open, or that was what it felt as though it would do.

"You really shouldn't move so much, you've been asleep for two days now.  Here, I brought you some water."  The girl said to him as she moved to the side of the bed and handed him a glass of clear liquid, he would just have to trust to be water as she had said.

Draco took the glass and took a sip, it seemed fine and so drank it down wetting his parched throat and making his chest feel alive once more, the cool water spread through him like nothing before, it was like heaven, he couldn't believe that he had taken the stuff for granted for so long, it was amazing the effect that water had on him, like magic it made him feel so much better, his head stopped pounding after a few moments and his vision seemed to clear even more.  As he handed back the glass to the girl, he noticed she was grinning.

"That wasn't just water was it."  He stated more than asked, he already realized the truth of the matter.

"No, it wasn't, but no worries, it was just a little something to bring you around faster, it won't kill you, only make you feel better."  She said to him.  Her voice didn't seem so gruff now, but still had an edge to it that suggested she really didn't like him all too well, nothing new, he was accustomed to people not liking him so he really didn't' care.

"Where's Goyle?'  Draco then asked, suddenly having visions of what had happened two days ago enter his mind like a flash of moving pictures that wouldn't go away until they played themselves through to the point he had blacked out.

"Oh, was that his name, he's dead, caught in the explosion was nothing I could do to help.  I would gather he was better off by the sound of the rumors I've heard around the street."  She told him, not explaining further her meaning of his friend's luckiness.

Draco was silent, he felt the loss of his friend, but not too deeply, he never was one to dwell over the fate of others.

"What rumors?"  He asked then as he sat up in the bed, leaning his back now against the headboard.

"Oh, I did some research to find out who it was I had in my bed and found out quite a lot, but we won't go into that just now, what I want to know, is do you think you are going to continue trying to destroy everything I love by working under that Dark Wizard?"  She got to the point, her voice ending with a sharp growl that made Draco jump despite his arrogant self-righteousness. 

So, she's not what she seems.  He thought to himself, suddenly beginning to put two and two together.

"What do you mean, destroying all that you love?"  He answered her question with one of his own, his tone beginning to draw in it that arrogance he is so well known for.

"Look, Draco Malfoy, I am the one asking the questions here and if you plan to stay alive for much longer I would think you'd answer me a few things before you go off assuming you own the world."  She spat, the growl in her throat reverberating as the words left her lips.

"Oh, threats now, so why save me if you just plan to kill me then?"  He asked totally avoiding her temper and going straight to being his own annoying and stupid self.

He regretted it immediately as he then found himself flying through the air coming down against the far wall, his back smacking hard against the wall as he slid to a harsh landing on the floor.  He was looking up at the girl when he raised his head to find her.  She glared down at him.  "You know, for such a good-looking male, your mouth gets in the way making you very ugly indeed."  She told him with a sneer.  "Now, let us try this again." She told him, hands on her small hips, hair dangling around her face as she looked down at him with those huge brown orbs, elongated pupils no longer hidden at all in her anger.

"Man, you've got a temper."  He stated as he looked up at her, his eyes narrowing, glaring back up at her.  "No, I don't know what you are talking about and I haven't tried destroying anything that you love so far as I know, if I have I do apologize, but I do what I must to survive and if that gets in your way, sorry."  He then growled up at her, his blue-gray orbs caught in her own.

Both figures remained perfectly still for several long moments, staring or more to the point glaring at one another, regarding each other until the girl finally turned away and walked over to a chair that sat along one of the long walls.  She sat, crossed one leg over the next and crossed her arms over her chest as she continued to look at her houseguest.  "You are every bit as arrogant as the rumors state."  She mused out loud.  "You would think you'd at least be grateful that I decided to save your ass from that explosion."  She then finished, still glaring at him.

"SAVED ME!"  Draco exclaimed,  "If memory serves me correctly, you were the cause of that explosion, if you would have just left us alone, no one would have died and I would not even be here."  He finished, coming back to his feet quickly and turning around to match her glare.

"Well, if you weren't planning on pouring that concoction of yours into the local water supply, I wouldn't have even been there in the first place, so if you look at it from MY point of view, it was your fault your friend died and that you are here now."  She stated a calm coming over her voice now, though her pupils remained elongated showing that she was still quite angry with him.  "I drink from that water supply you idiot, do you honestly believe that I would have allowed for it to be tainted by the likes of you."  She then added.  "I know your kind, I know that monster you work for and you have to realize that I will not stand around and let you wizards think you can run all over the rest of the world thinking you are the main power in it, because you certainly are not."  She then told him, her eyes flashing a brilliant golden in her statement.

"Oh really?'  Draco spat back.  "You think you are some sort of super human that can out wit and over power us?  Let me tell you something little girl."  He growled now, his anger drawing up from within.  "Voldemort IS the main power in the world, he will rule it with his dark iron fist.  I will not be sitting around waiting for that moment and not be on his bad side, do you honestly think that I am so stupid not to see where the world is headed, what I do I do because I don't wish to suffer in life." He growled at her again.

"You do what you do because you are nothing more than a coward."  She said with sadness in her voice.  "That is the only reason anyone follows a monster like that."  She then took a deep breath her eyes returning to normal once more and she sighed.  "You know, it is sad that you, a wizard with such tremendous talent would waste it on serving a tyrant like him."  She then finished with a slow shake to her head.

Draco didn't' reply to her, she was right he was frightened, he was lost, he wasn't doing what he did for any other reason than his weakness and now that he looked at it, he wasn't so certain he could stop now, without being killed.  Voldemort never let you out once he had you inside.  He growled and began pacing the floor, his mind moving over things she had said, things he wanted to say and finally, after several long moments had passed with the girl watching him walk back and forth over the plush carpet he stopped and turned to her, this time his eyes were helpless and pleading.

"Help me then." He said simply as he sat down on the bed.

~Harry Potter~

w00t Keep it going Kiara.  Its great so far. ^^  Oh yea, there is something else we need to start brining back...BUMP!!!

Ginny Weasly

Weee, I could barley read since someone...*looks over shoulder* was on the phone, right behind me.

Anyways, great Kiara! Loved it.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Kiara Johnson

CHAPTER 4 Issuing of Charges

"Oh shut up, you know who we are just let us through you idiot."  Ginny growled at the man sitting behind the counter at the entrance to the Ministry.  People scuttled by, some with smirks on their faces, they all knew Ginny Weasley too well and to have her back in the Ministry acting like her 'old self' it was a pleasantry their offices didn't much have to offer.

"B-but I, it's my,..."  The man stuttered.

"Oh, look, fine here, my ID and the rest, just have them sent up when you're finished with them, thanks."  Ginny told the man, as the four friends pushed open the doors that would lead them into the building and through the Ministry until they came to the office of the Minister of Magic, Max Johnson Sr.

"Morning kids."  Mr. Johnson said as the four entered his office.

"Morning." they all chimed in at once.

"You know Ginny, Jaden really tries hard to do his job right, you should try and be a little more patient with him."  Mr. Johnson told the red-haired girl.  "Though I must admit, it is quite funny to see him struggle, from time to time.  Brings hi arrogant self down a notch."  He ten winked at her.

"I try."  Ginny replied with a shrug of her shoulders and a smirk on her lips.

"So, onwards and forward then."  Kiara piped in, her voice not so chipper as Ginny's, her lack of sleep making her a little less than conversational.

Ginny looked over at her and sighed but said not another word, knowing that Kiara really didn't mean anything rude by her comment, and as well, knowing this wasn't perhaps the time to start something that didn't need starting between friends.

"Very well Kiara, I suppose you are right, we've a long way to go and a start is always the best way to get going."  Mr. Johnson told her with a heavy sigh.

"Yes, but I have a question first."  Max stated, putting an affectionate arm about Kiara's shoulders to calm her, he knew she was too stressed over things and would have to keep close to her for now.  "Snape?"  He questioned, that was it, just the name, nothing further need be asked in this subject, one that had not come up since the death of Kiara's Godfather and good friend to the whole group that stood in this office.

Harry's eyes seemed to glaze over slightly as the subject was brought up, he being the one to witness the sad happening.  It was also he who failed to take Snape down at the end of that dreadful night, though he'd been told by all his friends as well as his teachers that it wasn't his fault, he wasn't ready, he still held himself in low regards for that night.

Kiara turned her emerald eyes on her brother and managed a slight smile to try and warm him up, though her efforts were not the best, as her burning hatred toward their old potions master was not left unhidden.  Behind those bright, perfect emeralds grew and burned a fire that all could see and even Max's calming presence didn't do much to still the uprising of anger in her mind.

"Yes, well, I should think that we'd have found him by now however, his secret keeper is still just that, secret and no one knows where to find him.  I do have my suspicions that Draco, in return for the favor he granted the young wizard, might have taken on this task however, he seems to have gone missing, perhaps the captive of the Lycanthrope that carried away the second boy from the sight the other night.  It fits."  Mr. Johnson told them all, looking in turn to each set of eyes to make sure they agreed with him.

"If that's the case then we should probably start looking for that feline your office has so unfortunately been unable to find."  Harry stated, his voice bordering on hate and curiousness.  He was curious to find out what Draco might be going through in the hands of such a creature, if he was indeed with it.

"Yes well, in that case, we have our beginning, however I just need to warn you all that female lycanthropes, if it is a female we are to deal with, are very protective over those they capture.  It's been a known fact that they have a way of changing people, be it their beauty or pure power.  Either way, once again I must implore you to be very careful.  I hope, for the sake of all, that this is a male we are to deal with."  He told them all, a slight smile creasing his pursed lips.  "No Ginny, it won't be kind to you either, they are not like the other animals out there, they are mainly human."  He added as he saw Ginny's eyes brighten with the thought of going against an animal-like creature.

"Fine."  Ginny answered him, crossing her arms over her chest.  "I think however I will still start in the forest, if the animals there can't tell me anything, then maybe the ones at the park, yes maybe I will start there."  She then smiled.

"Good idea Gin."  Kiara said with a smile more genuine than the others.  She loved to go to the forests with Ginny, even if it was on 'business' she always wondered at the way the animals seemed so excited to see her friend.  That fiery redhead turning into a sort of mother to all those creatures always made Kiara smile.

"Good, you girls go to the park and Max and I will start looking for clues to find out what good ole' father's been up to and what we might be able to do to slow his rise."  Harry said, looking at Max to be certain he'd agree.

"Very well Harry, you and me again, what you say we stop in that old tavern to find some answers, there always seems to be at least one of his servants in there."  Max said, turning his gaze to Kiara who'd tightened up at the word Tavern.  "No worries love, just a small drink nothing more."  He said, kissing her on the cheek.

"Men."  Kiara stated with a light laugh.  "Why does ti always have to be a tavern."

"Simple, people's lips become loose the more they drink."  Harry replied with a wink at Max. 

"Gin, lets go, it would seem our charges have been given and before these two get themselves in further trouble, I think I should get out of here." Kiara kissed Max on the cheek, removed his arm from her shoulder and walked over to Ginny, taking her by the arm and escorting her quickly from the room.  "Talk to you later My J."  Kiara said behind her back as the door closed behind the two girls.

"You think its safe to leave Kiara out there without supervision Max?"  His father asked, knowing her temperament and how uncontrolled she could be if she ran into something that might upset her.

"Yes, she's with Ginny, Gin can seem to talk some sense into her if things get sticky, besides, like it or not, she's always got a pair or two of eyes watching her from below."  He stated, holding back a growl.

The two sets of eyes he was talking about were, of course those of Sebastian, her half brother and Lord of the Flames as well as Evan, an fallen angel who happened to love Kiara with his every being who'd managed to trick her on one occasion, hence his fallen status.

"Ok Max, now there is one more thing I want from the two of you."  Mr. Johnson then stated, regarding the two in turn.  "Find Brian, he's out there somewhere and I need him too, I can't keep an eye on the school as I would like and I couldn't think of a better person for the job."  He told them and then sat back behind his desk and took out a piece of rolled up parchment.  "Here, when you do find him, give him this."  He handed the parchment to Max.  "No, you don't' need to read it, just give it to Brian, now don't you two have a few drinks to get started on?"  He winked at the two.

"Ok dad, we'll see you again in the morning, if we aren't here it probably means one of two things, either we actually got a lead and can't get back or two, we are dead."  Max told his dad with a wink back at him.

"Speak for yourself, I don't plan on dying anytime soon, you see, your fiancé is the only one who could seal that, and I don't think she has any plans of such a thing happening to me so.. "  Harry laughed as the two of them began to make their way from the Minister's office.

~Harry Potter~

This is getting good, are all the vets getting in?  I love that for once I actually get all of this.  And this series I can acutally read from the begining and not get overloaded like your first one.   

Ginny Weasly

I love this one alot, but I will always like your first ones.

It makes me happy to see all of the older people at least being mentioned!
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

_Lavender_

ooo, please continue, Kiara.

-awaits eagerly-
A new age. | A New definition. | A new life.
Hi. My name is •Lavender•

Ginny Weasly

*whistles* Kiara forgot about this story!

Oh wells. I still like it.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Ginny Weasly

Ah, Kiara, you musta lost your inspiration for this one!
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Kiara Johnson

well, no, th eproblem with it is that I finished writing, but never backed it up and it is sitting on my other puter.. waiting to be saved from the terrible hard drive loss and stuff lol

Huggles
~K~