News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

How can that be?

Started by Minimy, October 13, 2006, 07:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimy

In book five, Harry can see the horse-looking anamals that pulls the vagon to Hogwarts. why can't he see them all the time? one can see them when they have seen somebody died. and he saw his mother die, then he should be able to them allready at his first year.. why can't he?

Ginny Weasly

Some people say this is because he dosn't actually remember seeing his mother die.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

it wouldn't make sence anyother way
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Minimy

That was the only reson I could come up with too.... Just thought some of you had a better idea about how it could be........ ;D

cutediva

well, jk was asked about it shetold that the death should ' sink in'. i thoughtit meant affect deeply. :)

hermionescool

Quote from: Minimy on October 13, 2006, 07:19:27 PM
In book five, Harry can see the horse-looking anamals that pulls the vagon to Hogwarts. why can't he see them all the time? one can see them when they have seen somebody died. and he saw his mother die, then he should be able to them allready at his first year.. why can't he?
he was like one. he couldn't of remembered her dying he was too little ;D

lexiswierd5

he was only a yer old how many people on this site remember anything from when they were that young

dobby888

yeah really, my first memory is from when i was 3!!

LordBlaZe

Well the main reason is that they have a different mean of transportation each year. The first year they used boats, the second year they used something else. They don't always use the horse things.
Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Fifteen Percent Concentrated Power Of Will
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain
One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name

dobby888

Yeah good point, so maybe they don't see the Horse things because they're getting on the boats, and plus, they're probably all so awed at the grandeur of the school that they don't notice them.

lexiswierd5

but when harry asked what was pulling the carts hermionie said nothing just like every other year, so they must have taken the carts every year before or she wouln't have said that, Right? :-*

dobby888

You're forgetting the fact that Hermione is a complete mastermind, so she probably knew this before she even went to the school!!

Lola_La_Fringe7

Very true I mean if theres anyone you would like count on to know something before they even saw it it would be Hermione
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.

dobby888

This is most definitley true.

Lola_La_Fringe7

I would love to play her I am sooooo emvious of Emma Watson
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.