News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Rude Awakening

Started by Xaver, January 12, 2007, 11:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaver

Xaver had been staying in a small, bleak apartment at the end of Hogsmead road, for a few days now. It lacked lavish and warmth, but he looked at it like somewhere to rest his wings for a while. Literally.

He was clad in his jeans and combat/outdoor boots, still, though shirtless, his enormous black wings out, and open, their enormities filling up the length of the single-room flat. It was basically one room, with a side of some cooking appliances and a little square table, and a little bathroom doored at the other wall. Nothing fancy. Just living space.
His winged self didn't hear, for he was so deep in sleep, the creeping open of the door, nor the padding of footsteps across his floor. He did, however, awaken to the sound of voices. Only instinct had him lurch out of the way of the blades that slashed down at him. He got away quickly enough. But his attackers could not do the same.

Xaver apprehended them the way he thought best. By the time they were tied, they, both the two, were bruised and unconscious.

"Assassians," he snarled grumpily.
"At least they could send good ones..."

Grumbling, Xaver, caring not that he was shirtless, and winged to the public (it was 0500 in the morning), he grabbed the collars of both the men, and exited his little habitat.
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

LavyBrown

Lavy was walking up the stairs and had just looked up as Xaver walked out of his room, dragging the two men behind him. She stopped mid-step staring at the scene before her. Given the size of the hallway, Xaver looked rather large to her inside of it.

"Hello, Xaver, I see you're a little... tied up."
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Xaver

Xaver seemed to quite literally growl. He didn't reply for a moment, making quick way through the hallway of apartments. He held the collar of a fully grown man in each hand, carrying both off the ground, lean muscles flex, but not straining. There was a scowl on his pale features.

"Just but a small bit," he said testily.

Grumpily. Like an annoyed hawk.
"Odi et amo."

click here

LavyBrown

"Hmmm...." she said leaning up against the wall with her arms crossed across her chest. "Two men, in your room in the middle of the night. They would be here to kill you as you slept I suppose. Assassians?"

Xaver

"Indeed," he muttered.

His great, obsidian wings fluttered behind him as he kicked open the hallway door, and literally threw the men outside, into the mud. It was raining so hard, one could barely see where they landed, sheets of water descending from the skies in pelting droplets. He turned and let the door swing shut behind him, bringing a wing around his chest and under his arm, smoothing some of the upset feathers. Finally, he released the wing, and it opened, then settled behind him.

"This needs to stop," he said quietly, more to himself.

Xaver rubbed his eyes, a wave of tiredness settling over him.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

The door opeaned and Ginny came through. She shook the water off her hair and semi-smiled at the two before closing the door gently.

"I had a feeling this kind of thing would happen if you stayed outside of Hogwarts. Didn't I tell you to just save yourself the trouble and stay at the school?" She said to Xaver, partly teasing him. She wasn't worried about the assasins getting the better of him. She wasn't worried, actually. She just thought it better if Xaver stayed somewhere that he could rest.

She shook her dark cloak off, as it was soaking wet.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

"Hogwarts is much safer then here." Lavy said agreeing with Ginny. "Might as well take the advantage."

Ginny Weasly

Ginny smiled gratefully at Lavy.
"See? I'm not the only one who thinks so." She grinned at them both.

"Did you know it's a little bit wet out?" She laughed as she snapped her fingers, making her cloak appear on a hook to dry.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver's gaze snapped to the opening door, and then softened as Ginny entered.
He caught himself. Maybe he was a little nervous. Or something. He mentally shrugged to himself.

"Yes, it might be safer. But do you think it ethical? I might bring uncertain danger to the students.. And I'm not a teacher. What right have I there, anyway?"

He thought for a moment, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He caught Ginny's last comment and grinned.

"And," Xaver teased in return, "most usually associate wet with rain."
He shrugged.
"But I may indeed be of mistellings.."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"You are a visitor of mine, if nothing else. You could always avoid being around large groups of students. Besides, they know what to do if the school is attacked. Anyway, at least this way, fewer people wpuld attempt it." Ginny said, reasonably. She smiled softly at him. He looked so tired. She only wanted him to be able to sleep through the night.

"Oh, is it raining out? I didn't notice!" She laughed.

My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

"But I'm sure he did." She said looking over at the door as a man walked in dripping from head to toe in water. "And think this way." she started turning back to them. "If something happened that the students couldn't handle, we can always find someone close by that could fix it. It's not hard, look twenty feet and you'll find someone." she finished with a shrug.

Xaver

Xaver looked up as another man entered, cursing the heavy rainstorm. The man tried ineffectively to brush himself off, then looked up at the company in the hallway. His eyes flickered over each of them, then snapped back to Xaver's wings. His eyes widened. Shuffling quickly back out the door, he had only enough nerve to mutter something like 'demon' before he shut the door behind him. Xaver scowled.

"Well. Perhaps having some more time to sleep would be good. I would feel less tempted to break things, anyway."

Xaver shrugged and smiled innocently.

(sorry I was slow to reply. I be sick :( )
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny made a tsking noise and shook her finger at him.
"Do you need a time out, Xaver?" She asked, teasingly. She laughed, in an extreamly good mood lately.

She seemed to pay not attention to the man, or his mutter, but she had heard it and stored it away. He probably wasn't important, but it was always good to pay attention.

"C'mon, you know ya want to." She said, smirking.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

Lavy shook her head but couldn't resist the urge to smile. "You two are ridiculous, you know that, right?"

Xaver

Xaver chuckled and nodded to Lavy's question.
"I do, indeed."

He looked to Ginny, and smiled. He had caved. Though it hadn't been too hard, honestly.
"I know."

He grinned.
"Odi et amo."

click here