News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Peeves??

Started by ChoChangHP118, June 14, 2007, 04:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronweazley122

thats true...but, would that mean moaning myrtle is more important to the plot?I dunno, just a thought...she was important in the second...
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne

Hmm... You have a point. Myrtle is a must-have for movies 2 and 4 (where she helped Harry with the egg), but otherwise not very significant to the storyline.

But the main thing is, myrtle is significant to the plot of the second instalment of the series, but Peeve's roles usually just embellish the storyline, and is not essential to storyline development.

Ginny Weasly

Once again, I suppose it's the case where they take out the good little things for time reasons.
God, I hate movies of books for this reason. Alone, the movies are great...but when you read the book, then watch the movie...you want to shoot the movie makers.
*sighs*
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

They haven't got much of a choice, unless you want to watch a movie that's like a day long... And it'll prolly take a long time to produce...

(BTW You're up early, aren't you? ;D)

ronweazley122

I would go to it if it was all day...lol...What I'm really dissapointed about is that the movie is coming out before the book, be it about ten days before or not....I'd rather read the book then watch the movie anyday...anyway, I'd still like to see peeves in the scene, but you do have a point, they probably cut him out. I'm wondering, though, why The guy who played hagrid, a while ago, mentioned in an interview that he might not be in all the movies.did he just feel like throwing us off?
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: 0612 on July  2, 2007, 03:46:02 PM
They haven't got much of a choice, unless you want to watch a movie that's like a day long... And it'll prolly take a long time to produce...

(BTW You're up early, aren't you? ;D)
I'd watch it.

And no. I was up so late it was early.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: ronweazley122 on July  2, 2007, 10:30:38 PM
I'm wondering, though, why The guy who played hagrid, a while ago, mentioned in an interview that he might not be in all the movies.did he just feel like throwing us off?

I don't think so. I think he thinks that Hagrid might die at the beginning (or close to) the seventh book.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

ronweazley122

huh.Then I guess when he said he wasn't appearing, he meant not for a signifigant amount of time?That would make sense...

Hmm... I seem to remember that he (Robbie Coltrane, the guy who does Hagrid) mentioned that he didn't want to do the movies anymore if either Dan, Rupert or Emma were quitting, since he thinks things would have changed too much. Now that the three of them have all signed to do all the movies, chances are he's staying too.

harrypotterfan:)

Wow this is alot of information.....you guys are smart....LOL
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: 0612 on July  3, 2007, 03:44:58 PM
Hmm... I seem to remember that he (Robbie Coltrane, the guy who does Hagrid) mentioned that he didn't want to do the movies anymore if either Dan, Rupert or Emma were quitting, since he thinks things would have changed too much. Now that the three of them have all signed to do all the movies, chances are he's staying too.
We also have to take into consideration JK's one interview. The one where they ask who she'd invite to dinner and she pauses, asking if it is ok to invite dead people. Then she tells us she'd invite Hagrid in addition to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Yes, but that is the character (Hagrid) dying. I think what Ron originally meant was that Robbie Coltrane didn't want to act as Hagrid anymore.

harrypotterfan:)

oh yeah about that interview.....hmm.....pondering now.....
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ronweazley122

oh...did someone up there mention my name?lol...hold on let me look at my post....oh no, I meant that in said interview he was hinting hagrid might die....

Oh, really? Then I was thinking of a different interview ;D Sorry, they give away too many interviews ;D

But then, I don't think Coltrane would know anything more than us regarding the contents of book 7.