News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Universal Olando

Started by ChoChangHP118, June 23, 2007, 04:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoChangHP118

NEWS STORY

05 Jun 2007

Harry Potter theme park for Universal Orlando

A theme park based on the the adventures JK Rowling's fictional schoolboy wizard, Harry Potter, is to open in the US.
The park, which is described as a 'fully immersive Harry Potter-themed environment', will open at the Universal Orlando Resort, in Florida, in 2009.

Barry Meyer, chair and CEO of Warner Brothers Entertainment, said: "Over the years we've received thousands of letters from fans around the world wishing they could visit Hogwarts and the wonderful locations described in each of J.K. Rowling's beloved stories."

The park will enable guests to visit some of the most iconic locations found in the books and the films including the village of Hogsmeade, the mysterious Forbidden Forest, and Hogwarts castle.

Expected to open in late 2009, the new environment will feature immersive rides and interactive attractions, as well as experiential shops and restaurants that will enable guests to sample fare from the wizarding world's best known establishments.

Also debuting will be an as yet unnamed ride which Universal claims will "bring the magic, characters and stories of Harry Potter to life in an exciting way that guests have never before experienced".

JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books, said: "The plans I've seen look incredibly exciting, and I don't think fans of the books or films will be disappointed."

http://www.worldleisurejobs.com/newsdetail.cfm?codeID=21449
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

I've heard of it on my local news... I'm really glad it's based on JK Rowling's impression, and not modelled after the stuff in the movie.

harrypotterfan:)

wow thanks for the info....I really want to go....well can't wait!
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

ha i had a really weird dream last night. the park opened and they had signs that said harry potter fan forum area. and there was and area where there were a bunch of people...then there was a muggle net area. there were people from that website there. it was pretty cool! i wish they'd do that for real...
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

LOL....funny....well that would be cool....
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

that would be pretty amazing.....

a miracle....let's call it a miracle.....LOL.....I hope it does happen....when does the theme park open?

ChoChangHP118

its not supposed to open until 2009. so we got a few years. it would be fun to be able to meet all you guys though....

LOL.....I know....it would be fun though....

Shara2007

I agree maybe one of these days we will meet.
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

ChoChangHP118

Shara2007

if we are all still on this site in that year we should all pick a day and go.
Is glad to finally have time to get back on the computer and hang with friends. Well that and to post with those people what want to post with me.

ChoChangHP118

ya that's be really neat. then we'd have to meet somewhere though. ha if we ever do do that...i'm gonna put a nametag on that says SIRIUS BLACK HPFF just so everyone knows lol

Shara2007

I'll do Sarah Jones. GF of Sirius Black HPFF. Would you know me then,