News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

just saw the new movie

Started by jon weasley, July 12, 2007, 03:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoChangHP118

I DID CRY!! i have a pic of sirius next to my bed and everytime i look at it i picture him dying in my head! how sad..i died...

i wore gryffindor colors cuz i don't have a hufflepuff scarf...
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

natato

:(:( i DIdnt like the movie that much :|:|:|
Book from my point of view is aloot better
men arent worthy for tears and one who is won't make you cry.

Every day without you is like a book without pages. I love you, I will always do, for the rest of our earthly and heavenly life.

Born to be free...........

BE COOL!

true love doesn't have a happy end...true love never ends

Ginny Weasly

I finally saw the movie, and I have this to say.

It was a really good movie. They did change a few things, but that was for the sake of the movie itself. Yes, I am a bit mad about part that were taken out or changed, but oh well. It happens everytime a movie is made from a book.
The actress that played Luna was wonderful! And as much as I hated that noise that Umbrige kept making, and as much as I wanted to reach into the screen and choke her, the actress was also great.
And yes, the shaky camera views made me slightly sick to my stomach.

All in all, I thought this movie was really good for fitting such a big book into about 2 hours.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

ChoChangHP118

evanna lynch was amazing!!! and i had that same wanting to reach in and choke her lol.

i really hope yates isn't directing the sixth. i'm researching it now so i'll let everyone know if her is or not!
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

HermioneFan

I liked it, but it wasn't really anything like the book, so at the same time I HATE it. It's still pretty good though. If i hadn't read the book i would've loved it! But i still dont' really like it. It was one of my least favorites.

Devon_McGonagall

Yes Umbridge was played fantastically, i cant think of anyone in acting today that could have done better with the exception of William Dafoe, and that would have been funny to see.
Love Me
Hate Me
You'll Never
Forget Me!

HermioneFan

I thought of Umbridge as, "bigger" (fatter) That's how they discribed her in the book. I also thought she would be a little older and have dirty Blonde hair... that's how i pictured her :)

Hermonie

I just saw the movie I loved it much darker then the others ;D

brian

that movie was awesome hahaha. i might see it again this week

ChoChangHP118

i've now seen it 3 times! even though i like the book a lot better!

brian

i didn't like how they never resolved the cho chang thing lolol...as messed up as it was in the movie though hahaha

pig

i found this film the best out of all of them. The characters were well played and the storyline was shown well through out the movie. Though i was slightly annoyed that they had no Qwitich in the film and that there was no time or Brian room. i also didn't like the fact that tonks got such a small role in the film. why put a new character in if your not going to explore it.

Luna was how i pictured her so was professor umbridge The Actress did make you truly hate the character.

ChoChangHP118

ya i pictured luna and umbridge exactly how the actresses  who played them portrayed them!

i also wished tonks had a bigger part...i love the actress!

cho chang

Snape [after seeing Harry's memories]: I may vomit.

I absolutely loved Snape in this movie!!!! how can he ever be a bad guy? it's simply impossible.
'music, a magic beyond all we do here!' - Albus Dumbledore
.:Cho Chang:.

cho chang

also, I was really disappointed when Bellatrix said, "Avada Kedavara" to kill Sirius in the movie. In the book JK didn't specify what colour the spell was, so i had secretly harboured hopes that Sirius might still be alive... :( oh well....

but JK was reluctant to confirm Sirius's death, so maybe falling through that arch traps him in limbo between life and death or something...
'music, a magic beyond all we do here!' - Albus Dumbledore
.:Cho Chang:.