News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Which Dumbledore Do You Prefer?

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, August 12, 2007, 11:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which actor plays the better Dumbledore?

Richard Harris (1st & 2nd movie)
Michael Gambon (3rd & beyond)

goblet_fulla_fire

Which actor who played Dumbledore do you prefer?

Do you like Richard Harris who played Dumbledore in the first and second movie? Or do you like Michael Gambon who played Dumbledore in the third and beyond movies?

For me, I liked Richard Harris because he presents more of the gentle side of Dumbledore. And I have a feeling he could have shown the anger side of his character in the later movies if he hadn't died, God rest his soul.

Michael Gambon is a good actor and a considerably good replacement for Harris, but he just doesn't give off that gentle vibe Harris did.
I am a dog.

LordBlaZe

ye you're right, the first one seemed perfect, a little old but a really wise and smart type of dumbledore. The other one seems more younger, his voice is a little weird but hes not bad i guess
Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Fifteen Percent Concentrated Power Of Will
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain
One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name

ronweazley122

harris will always be dumbledore to me...I mean, gambon's doing a decent job, but yeah, he's just not showing dumbledore's calm side enough.
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne

LordBlaZe

but the old one wouldn't of done a good job in the 6th and 7th move, too much action lol
Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Fifteen Percent Concentrated Power Of Will
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain
One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name

harrypotterfan:)

LOL....but I still liked Harris.....sad he had to die......
no offenseto Gambon or anything though
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

hermionescool

i like gambon and everything he's good but he's like too peppy and jumpy the first guy was completely and totally perfect he was calm and nice just as i imagined him when i read the book

lexiswierd5

PREPPY and the portale to preppiness! YEAH! PORTALE!

ronweazley122

ahahahaha...your randomness makes me happy.also, she said preppy.
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

harrypotterfan:)

haha....there are really random people on this site sometimes....

I like doggies...how about you?
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

lexisweird5

Ooooh i like puppy doggys!!!! ;D :P

ronweazley122

lexiswierd5

I agree! And what is wrong with randomness! GO DOORKNOBS! C im random!

lexisweird5

wowie thats random...like.... ZAC EFFRON!!! :-*

lexiswierd5

I am Zac Efrons biggest fan ever! ROCK ON ZAC EFRON!   :) ;D 8) :P

goblet_fulla_fire

GARGH! Six posts in and already this has gone off-topic! That has to be a record.
I am a dog.