News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Letting off some steam

Started by Ginny Weasly, October 13, 2007, 07:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoChangHP118

Ah yes, n00b's(newbee's as i call them) very irritable subject for me.

I don't mind you guys...most of the time. One thing that does bother me is when people randomly pop into very serious thread's at the wrong time and ask to shake Sirius's hand or just walk past. Honestly, do you even care if he was about to do something? Sirius could be dying for all you know, but nope you just pop in say hi then walk out. I mean, come on.
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Vanessa

Am I still one? I'm going to guess yes but I want someone elses opinion.
--Taken--

Corbin

ChoChangHP118

If I had to decide, Vanessa even though I hate the High School Musical character, no...slowly you're turning into a mature regular. In your RP's though. I can't picture you in the older threads though.

Corbin...I don't know you well enough so I couldn't decide that one!
Quote from: Ginny Weasly on January  4, 2008, 02:45:56 PM
[Addition]

You classify as a n00b if you do any of the following;
1.) Always (in RPs and OCC) type without punctuation, proper spelling, and/or grammar.
2.) You feel the need to jump down others member's throats because your so-called intelligence has been mildly insulted. Get an ego check.
3.) You think your opinion about everything is the only one and that yours is the right one. Shut up. No one loves you, and no one cares.
4.) You have the balls to try and start a fight with someone much more literate and smarter than you. Just. Don't. You will be made to look like a fool.
5.) You think your character is the "main" character of this site. Um...no. They aren't.
6.) You think everyone wants to join the RPs you have made. No, we don't. Because you type like a little kid and act like an idiot.
7.) You joined within the last 6 months.

If you are any of these 7 things. Yes, your a newbee/N00b.
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Ginny Weasly

[Addition]

None of you would ever excel as an author as a book. Really, you are worthless for plot lines, or even supporting cast characters. You type as though your character is an omnipresent person who knows exactly what the other character is always thinking.

You are all so stupid! learn to type! Learn to write! Until then, don't bother RPing with me, as I will only smash your character into pieces!
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

ChoChangHP118

Ha, I'm surprised anyone even trys to post with you Ginny, not only are you more advanced in your writing and such but newbee's can't keep up with how much you write out at one time. Ah I remember when I was a newbee and I would get angry at you you typing such long posts. = D Now I prefer it.

Note to newbee's: Stay away from Ginny. Haha

fudge0604

lol..... I also can remember when I first came to the site. When I saw a long Rp post I just read it badly and then posted a one liner...
I didn't like them too.... :P but now I prefer to have longer posts but sometimes i do a little one liner...
Often that is when I am tired or having bad time...

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Same goes with me as with Ginny.  If you try to RP with me with only one liners, I will act like you are under some weird spell and are not able to talk and act normally.  Ask the people from Sins not Tragadies, I did that to them. 

Since in truth, if you saw someone, say one line, and move one body part at a time, then another perosn do the same...you would be like O.O
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

Lola_La_Fringe7

I really try not to have oe liners, although when someone randomly says something, that is out of subject or a one liner its kind of hard. I was also scared of Ginny's post. They were really big, luckily I have a friend on the site (Jessie) who showed me the ins and outs, most at least. One more thing, am I considered a "nOOb"? I really can't exactly remember when I first logged on.  
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.

KeKe p

Yeah I am one and I will start to do better.
So you don't have to worry I will learn how to type and spell
I am the worst speller ever so if I make a mistake I will correct it.

iNinjuh

Quote from: Ginny Weasly on January  4, 2008, 02:45:56 PM
[Addition]

You wanna know something? You are all n00bs. And n00bs are stupid.

You classify as a n00b if you do any of the following;
1.) Always (in RPs and OCC) type without punctuation, proper spelling, and/or grammar.
2.) You feel the need to jump down others member's throats because your so-called intelligence has been mildly insulted. Get an ego check.
3.) You think your opinion about everything is the only one and that yours is the right one. Shut up. No one loves you, and no one cares.
4.) You have the balls to try and start a fight with someone much more literate and smarter than you. Just. Don't. You will be made to look like a fool.
5.) You think your character is the "main" character of this site. Um...no. They aren't.
6.) You think everyone wants to join the RPs you have made. No, we don't. Because you type like a little kid and act like an idiot.
7.) You joined within the last 6 months.

And if you don't like it, deal with it.

Wow.
Ginny.
Thank you.
Hahah...

I bet this is gettin' a lot off of your chests.

Also, I may not post as much as the Noobs, well...
Pretty much...
I have other stuff to do.
Anyway...

I am one of the older people on this site.

And yes, everyone is a noob.
At one point, anyway.

DON'T under any circumstance, attempt to join Harry or Ginny's RP's.
And, if they come back, Fawkes, Lavy, or Neo.
They will smash you until you break.

Now, some points on what Ginny wrote:

"Always (in RPs and OCC) type without punctuation, proper spelling, and/or grammar."
- Oh my Jesus.
NO ONE, no matter how cool you think you are, says OMG or LOL or TTYL in real life.
Don't do it.

"You feel the need to jump down others member's throats because your so-called intelligence has been mildly insulted. Get an ego check."
- HAHA.... Get a life. Go back to elementary school to learn your grammer.

"You think your opinion about everything is the only one and that yours is the right one. Shut up. No one loves you, and no one cares."
- Haha.... I can only laugh.

"You have the balls to try and start a fight with someone much more literate and smarter than you. Just. Don't. You will be made to look like a fool."
-You wanna know who not to mess with on this site?
Ginny. Harry. Me. ANY of the older people.

"You think your character is the "main" character of this site. Um...no. They aren't."
- Indeed.
You are not the most powerful.
You are not cool.
You shouldn't even try.

"You think everyone wants to join the RPs you have made. No, we don't. Because you type like a little kid and act like an idiot."
- addition to this...
If you wanna start an RP, don't start it like this ::
   [[ Al was laying on the ground, and looking up, waiting for someone to come. ]]
Chances are, there's no way you magically appeared there.
Give some emotion, talk about the weather or how you ended up at that particular spot. Describe the scenery and what your character is thinking.

"You joined within the last 6 months."
- Pretty d**n self explanatory.
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

- Walt Disney -

Ginny Weasly

AHAHAHAAAAA!

Al, you just made my horrible night awesome with that! Thank you. I love your additional comments!
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

ChoChangHP118

Ah yes yes yes perfect, right on the spot. Ha ha I remember reading a few of those good times, good times.

Honestly I find it entertaining when newbee's complain to me about how my friend's are being rude. (Ginny, Al...etc.) I just laugh to myself over here and help you through it but honestly, if you don't like how they act...stay away from them! Its as simple as that. I'm not naming any names and I will still help you through it if you come running but honestly sometimes I just about laugh myself silly.

I'm in the center, I definitely enjoy the longer posts much better then one liners but it is so hard to find others to post with lately that will post long ones that sooner or later I just go back to the newbee's. Oh wellz I have fun with you guys but just letting you know, if ever I have to chose sides, yeah I'm picking the old guys without a doubt.

~Harry Potter~

Nice one Al.  And Lola, I havn't RPed with you yet so I can't tell if you are a noob or not, but I count someone not a noob if they 'try' to post longer.  If anyone want an actually meaningful RP, talk to one of the older people, I know it is hard to RP longer if everyone else is posting 1 liners, it is a self repeating cycle. 

And for those who say they can't spell right...use a word processor with spell check.  That is what I do most of the time.  It tells you 90% of your mistakes and also shows you what your post will most likely appear like in length on a forum. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

ChoChangHP118

Recently finding spell check has done wonders for me. I am without a doubt one of the worst spellers I know and clicking on spell check used to seem like a hassle, but now I love it and I barely post anything with words without checking it first. Ha ha, spell check: my new best friend.