News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Much Needed Downtime

Started by Ginny Weasly, November 27, 2007, 07:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

((This is a continuation of Xaver' Ginny, and Cody's side after the one in Hogsmead. I really don't care who joins, but PM me first so we can go over a few specifics.))

As the small family disappeared, Ginny gently redirected Xaver's magic to a small cottage far out in the English countryside. They appeared outside, in front of the small, but cozy place and Cody squealed with delight.
"Momma, Miss Nancy took care of the plants." He said, wiggling down from Xaver's arms and pointing at the windows. Ginny nodded as Cody grabbed Xaver's hand, "Come on Daddy. I'll show you my room."

As Cody pulled Xaver into the front room of the place, a fire raised up in the hearth, instantly warming the room just enough. Ginny made a noise, "Cody, take off your coat and hang it up." She told him, and Cody did take off his coat, discreetly leaving it on a small couch and attempting to drag Xaver down a hall.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver looked over the little cottage when they appeared, and smiled slightly, letting Cody down when he began wiggling. They walked inside, into the warm, welcoming atomosphere. He liked the place instantly.
..It smelled of Ginny, and familiar, homely scents.

He chuckled softly, a low, warm, pleasant sound - completely opposite of the magics he'd just brought about, allowing the ease to settle back into his creature.
Downtime was what he wanted.
What he needed.

"Hold on, hold on.. Just a minute.."
Xaver grinned slightly.
"You can show me your room, but hang up your coat first, like your mother said. First things first, Son."
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody sighed, picking his coat up and walking to where a peg was placed in the wall just high enough for him to get his coat on it. Then he turned and grabbed Xaver's hand again, "Come ooooooon." He said, not whining, just a bit energetic. He pleaded with his eyes, "Please, Daddy?"

Ginny rolled her eyes at Xaver and smiled, "Go on, before he busts a blood vessle." She turned, taking off her shoes and her sweatshirt and going into the kitchen.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver shook his head, nodding, finally.

"Fine, fine.. Let's go then, before the room runs away without us."

He grinned, slightly, catching Ginny's smile, his mood, that had darkened condsiderably with his brother's arrival, lightening.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody took Xaver down a hallway, then pushing open a door hall way down to reveal a room very child like. A half crib, half bed that was his, books lined up on shelves (many children's books), toys all over the place and colours of all sorts designing to room into a dizzying place. Cody lead Xaver to the bookcase, letting go of his hand to retrieve a stool. He climbed up, picking a book from a shelf and showing it to Xaver.
"This is my magic book." He said, "It keeps my memories for me without me having to write."

Ginny leaned against a counter in the kitchen, pushing open the fridge and looking inside. She sighed, blowing hair out of her face, only to have it float back down. Finally she kicked the fridge shut again and tapped her cheek, wondering about what to make later on to eat.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Yeah?"
Xaver looked over Cody's shoulder, interested, one hand planted on the boys head, and the other brushing the cover of the book.
"I had something like that, when I was younger... I don't think I'll ever want to find mine, let alone ever read it."

Despite Cody's age, and the magnificent room about him that portrayed it so well, Xaver never spoke to the boy like he was a baby ..because he wasn't one. He may have been three, and there was still a world to learn, but he wasn't a human three.. It was just a little different with them.
He was his baby boy, but he wasn't a baby.
Xaver wanted to teach him the world as it really was... One thing at a time. The boy had already seen a darker side of his father, today.

-If you want, I can cook tonight, love..-
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody smiled, "Look, it shows Momma holding me when I was a baby." He flipped open the book, and a crystel clear picture of Ginny holding a small baby was on the page. Like all magical pictures, Ginny smiled and waved at the 'camera', showing off her child with pride.

Cody smiled brightly, "I don't really remember, but Momma helps it write sometimes."

Ginny jumped when Xaver spoke, not used to hearing his voice while standing in this kitchen. She pulled herself up, now sitting on the counter, looking around the kitchen.
-I'm afraid there isn't much to cook. When Cody and I went to visit Mum and Dad, I cleaned out the fridge. I have to go shopping unless you guys want canned soup.-
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver looked at the photo, his eyes roaming over it, and forever burning the image into his thoughts, a familiar, saddening pain jolting him.
"I missed so much.." he said softly, his tones low, and somber, as he continued to stare.

-What ever it is you want, beautiful. We can all go to the store, or you can go to the store, or I can go to the store..-
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

-I like canned soup...- She told him, smiling at the thought.

Cody looked up at him, "Why?" He asked, softly. He really did want to know why his father had missed so much, why he had left. And why he had come back.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver chuckled, mentally.
-Canned soup it is, then, love. I can still be your gourmet chef if you'd like.-

Xaver looked away from the book, finally, when Cody looked up at him, asking the most used, and still most honest and demanding of questions.
Cody deserved his answers.

"I left.." he began slowly, looking for the right words. "I left to the place where I grew up, with every intention that I'd be back very quickly. A few days, at most... But then a week passed. A week and a day. Two days.. And none of the work I had gone there for to begin with was making sense, let alone being finished.. I hated it. I wanted to go back. I wanted to see your mom.."

Xaver blinked awkwardly, and looked to the side.

"I remember the next few days, vaguely, but it's mostly a haze, from then.. until the day I came back. I suppose it will come back to me, over time... Though I'm not really sure I want to know, anymore... But that day, we saw each other for the first time.. I hadn't known Ginny was going to have you. You came as a complete surprise.. But the best surprise I could have ever dreamed up."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody nodded, climbing back up on his stool and replacing the book. He turned, still on the stool, facing Xaver. "It's okay. I was a surprise to Momma too." He smiled, climbing down, "Momma told me that I saved her. I don't know from what." He smiled,, sitting on his floor. After a moment, he looked up, frowning. "Momma's gonna fall."

-Oh really? And what wonders can you do with canned soup?-
Ginny slid off the counter, going to a cupboard and rifling through it to find some kind of soup. Unfortunately, she couldn't reach high enough and she dragged over a chair, standing on it to see deeper in the cabnit. Her toes were on the edge of the chair, tipping it slightly.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

-Admittedly not as much as I can do with your pretty little self, but I can still whip out a wonder..-

"..I was a surprise to Momma too."
Xaver hadn't known that..
He couldn't imagine what it was like.. Giving birth to Cody, and making it on her own, the way she had...
He. Should. Have. Been. There.

He looked at Cody, at his prediction. And disappeared.
He appeared behind Ginny, as she tipped the chair, wrapping his arms around her middle and bringing her to him, spinning her in a circle, easily, shaking his head and chuckling quietly.

"Honestly, love - you're going to kill yourself!"

He set her down, though he didn't let her go..
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny let out a small, startled yell, then looked at him, "What in heavens names are you talking about?" As her feet touched the ground, she rised a hand to her heart, "Jeeze, give me a heart attack next time, ok?"

After a moment, she looked at him and smiled, "Gonna let me go?" She asked, laughing softly.

Cody was silent in his room for a moment, listening to make sure Xaver had gotton there in time, before he began to play with his toys, for the time being, occupied.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver chuckled lowly, nuzzling into Ginny's neck.

"Nope."
He smiled slightly, to himself
"Cody had an insight that you might fall. I trust his instincts."

He kissed the soft skin of her neck, before straightening, intertwining his fingers behind her back.

"I transported a little quickly."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny giggled softly when he kissed her neck, her cheeks growing slightly pink.
"Of course you should trust his instincts. He has the psychic genes." She told him, trying to change the subject.

She smiled at him, watching his eyes with wonder. She had missed this alot, him joking around with her. The ease they spoke with.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret