News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

_keep you in the dark

Started by Ginny Weasly, March 2, 2008, 01:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

It was noon, and most people were doing something productive. Or were at least out of bed. But Ginny was still in her pajamas, still in bed, although she was awake now. She wasn't being lazy (although she did that alot), she was simply sick with a horrible cold.

Everything hurt.
Her head hurt.
Her eyes hurt.
Her skin hurt.

Ginny had the blinds and curtains closed on the windows, but the dim light still bothered her. She had about three thick covers over her, but she was still shivering even though she had a fever. She couldn't get comfertable, and every time she managed to fall asleep, she woke up stiffling screams from her nightmares. Now was one of those times.

She sat up, crossing her legs and holding her head in her hands, her eyes squeezed shut in pain and fright. She bit her lip to keep from screaming aloud, so as not to scare Cody. She knew he was up and about and could hear her.

The pain and fear subsided and so she slowly opeaned her eyes, squinting across te room at a mirror and frowning. Her eyes were dark with exhaustion, her hair hung around her face in soft curls, her skin had a red flush from fever. She looked horrible in her opinion. She moaned slightly and laid back, pulling the covers over her head as she heard someone coming down the hall.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver stopped Cody from entering the room, moments before the boy would have doged uncerimoniously in, planting a gentle hand on the boy's shoulder. A simple look, a firm frown - and Cody understood him, hopping off down the hall, then, in the other direction.
He entered the room soundlessly, padding to the bed, his expression pulled into a concerned frown as he saw her roll over, her moan not escaping him.
He set the steaming mug on the bedside table nearest, and perched on the side of the bed, leaning over her form.

"That terrible, dearest?"
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny made a strange noise, then rolled, pulling the cover down slightly to see him. She looked at him for a long moment, then nodded. "Uh-huh...I haven't gotten sick in years....why now?" She groaned, pulling the covers over her head again angrily almost.

She wanted to scream, but doubted she had the energy. It was terrible...she just felt horrible. Nothing felt good, and it annoyed her. She hadn't been sick like this in a long while, mostly just exhausted. She was generally a healthy person, but you can't ward off sickness forever.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Mmm.. Perhaps because I can take care of you now.. Or try to."

Xaver offered a sympathetic smile, and bent over her, gently running a hand over her arm, through the cover.

"Is there anything I can do for you?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny pulled the covers down again, looking at him.
"You don't need to take care of me." She mumbled, "Go take care of Cody." She shivered involuntarily against the invisible chill and covered her head again.

Why she kept moving the cover was beyond her.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Cody peeked in the door then, as if by cue, and Xaver's smile was gentle; affectionate. He tipped his head toward the bed and the boy grinned, crossing the space between them, in few steps for his little legs.

"I am, of course."

Xaver leaned over, curling his fingers over the edge of the comforter, and gently pulling it down, though only so much so he could see her face.

"I asked you if you wanted anything, my love. Anything at all."

He winked at her.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Ahh!" Ginny back up slightly so she wasn't as close to Cody, "Baby, stay away. I don't want to get you sick." She gave him a worried look, "You should stay back, angel."

She glanced at Xaver, not angry at him, just wondering if he had thought of that. She could be contagious for all any of them knew, and she really didn't want to get them sick. She yanked on the covers once, but gave up when he didn't let them slide through his fingers.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver sighed softly.
"Indeed, your mom is right. Stand by the door, and I'll be out in just a moment to finish our game, alright?"

Cody frowned at him.
"But-.. AHH.. Fine.."

He hustled out, and Xaver smiled after him, before turning to Ginny.

"I have never been sick by your colds.. so I forget."
Xaver frowned.

"I'm sorry," he added quietly.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Isn't your fault." Ginny told him, shrugging her shoulders, then rubbing one of them with a hand, "You haven't been at this parenting thing for long. If it doesn't affect you, I dunno if it'll affect him or not...or how if it does."

She gave him a very small smile, "I'm just being cautious." She slid back down into the bed, closing her eyes for a moment against her throbbing head, "What game are you playing with him?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

(I've got to go soon)

Xaver's frown held.
"If he gets sick, though.."
His mouth twitched, uncertainly.

Then, he smiled, slightly.
"Tag. We're both the energetic sort.. And have wings. It gets interesting."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

(Whenever you need. Thanks for staying on with me!)

Ginny envisioned the game, then frowned, "Why did I ask? Now all I'll think about is what could happen." She sighed, then cut him a look, "Next time, make something up!" She half scolded him. She sighed, turning onto her stomach, but keeping her head facing him as she hugged a pillow.

"Just...if he gets hurt...hug him for me."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

( <3 )

Xaver leaned over her, and planted a feather-soft kiss over her temple.

"It's all in good fun, Love. And besides - he's getting to stretch his wings. Just think about that while you catch up on your sleep, alright?"

He smiled at her, warmth written openly into his expression, before he rose, swooping down to kiss her again, before starting toward the door.

"If you need anything, at all, don't hesitate to send a thought.."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

((♥♥ Really,thanks. It made my bad night much better.))

"That makes me feel much better." Ginny said, sarcastically. The idea of her baby flying around in the sky worried her. But she knew he had to learn to use all of his powers to be able to protect himself one day.
"I won't, love."

As he closed the door, she covered her head again, squeezing her eyes shut. Somewhere within twenty minutes, when she was in between sleep and wakefulness, she heard someone walking about the room. Thinking it was Xaver, she opened her eyes slowly to look around.
None too amazingly, it wasn't Xaver who had appeared, but rather a young man wearing a black cloak with the Ministry's insignia on it.
Ginny groaned, "What do you want, Ken?" She covered her eyes, sighing in the sudden anger.

Ken simply starred at her before shrugging, "They sent me to see if I could help persuade you to see things their way." He smiled slightly, "I told them it wouldn't work."

Ginny propped herself up, scowling, "What do you mean?" Ken looked at her with a sigh, having thought she'd know what he was speaking of.

"They went to the hospital...where you gave birth. They dug until they found the records of your son's birth. Hard, as you'd placed a spell over the nurses there. Under father...it says 'unknown.'" He gave her a pointed look as she sat fully up before continuing, "Ginny...they are going to attempt to take Cody away from you."

Ginny slid from the bed, shivering even though she wore black swatpants and a red long sleeved shirt, and padded towards him. "What do you mean? They can't take a child away from his parents for no reason!"

Ken nodded, "I know...they are claiming you are incompetent as a parent...and that since the father-"

"You KNOW who his father is!" Ginny hissed, "You know Xaver is Cody's father! Any idiot who looks at them knows!"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Again!"

Xaver chuckled, catching Cody as he dropped heavily into his arms in a blurr of feathers, shaking his head and gently setting his son on the ground.

He jumped up then, his wings spreading wide, then blurring as they quickly closed, propelling him upward, high into the skies. He closed his eyes against the warm, heated rays of the suns energy, kissing his skin and exposed feathers. Then, he flipped backwards, spinning into a free-fall until at the last moment his wings opened and he drifted in a light, easy line over the treetops.
Cody grinned up at him, and Xaver returned the bright expression, his wings folding behind him as he dropped, landing easily, his body coiling slightly to absorb his fall.

"Again, again!" Cody screamed, laughing as Xaver lifted him.

Xaver tossed him upward, following on foot Cody's trail, as he floated almost easily. Then, when the boy faultered, and fell, Xaver caught him, and squeezed him protectively within the circle of his arms.

"I think landing, is what we should go over next," he said, over a low chuckle.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Ken happened to glance out the window as Xaver caught Cody the second time, and despite himself he couldn't help but smile. He glanced at Ginny and nodded, "Very obvious. But still, when he was born..." He let the sentence drift off, his voice calm and composed, even as Ginny advanced towards him, looking angry.

She stopped inches from him, prepared to argue her case, then her face changed. Slwoly, it changed from anger to disbelief, then back to an even more intense anger. She met Ken's eyes sudden;y and a low growl escaped her throat.
"You--"

Ken suddenly backed away, throwing his hands up at this new anger, "Wait--"

"YOU IDIOT!" Without thinking, Ginny backhanded him roughly. Ken stumbled backwards into a bookcase and looked at her in bewilderment. Ginny took another step, looking fierce, "Cody wasn't born in a hospital!"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret