News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

*^*No, Bad Dog *^*

Started by ChoChangHP118, June 11, 2008, 01:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaver

It wasn't, in the end, the doctor's fault, everything that had gone so terribly and completely wrong within the last short accumulation of hours - but Xaver couldn't help it. He wanted someone to blame - something to blame... Someone who didn't matter..
Someone who couldn't matter...

"There is no simple when it comes to our race."
His gaze was as sharp as his tones were harsh.

"And Cody is no normal child. Do you have any idea what that entails? Or are you too caught up in assuming you've seen it all?"

Xaver hissed through his teeth, clenching his jaw against the will and urge to just toss the ignorant fool back into his room and take care of Cody himself.
He would - could - but he was far too shaky, right then...
FAR too shaken up...
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny couldn't stand there. She was crying again, and didn't realize it. She turned away, needing to leave the room. Now.
She stepped out into the hallway, looking up and down. She caught sight of Xaver. How could she miss him? No one in the area even compared to him. He was talking to a man, possibly the doctor. And Ginny felt qworry rise up in her chest.
She went to the two men.

The doctor shifted, his face growing red as he worked his mouth. He tried to say something, anything, but nothing came to mind. His stammering was interrupted as Ginyn stepped up, however.

"Doctor? I'm Ginny Weasly, Cody Xian's mother. Tell me, when do you plan on releasing my son?"
She just wanted to take her baby home. She glanced sideways at Xaver, noting his tense body language. Her eyes went back to the doctor, her body looking deflated.

The doctor seemed to regain his composure, or at least a little bit of it as he looked at the weary woman before him. She looked weakened, upset, tired, defeated.
"Possibly within a week, Ms. Weasly."

"No, unacceptable. I want the paperwork within the hour, you are going to discharge him." Her voice was dull, the words spoken as if she couldn't possibly imagine this man arguing with her.

He shook his head, "Ms. Weasly, you don't understand. He isn't healed enough."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

The doctor sputtered and flinched, though Xaver could hardly blame him.
Ginny had been even more direct than he had.

The man never stood a chance.

"What else need there be done?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"He needs to grow back 50% of his skin! The nerves, if there are any left, are at the surface. He's in intense pain, possibly more than I can describe to you. He needs to stay in a hospital so his arm doesn't become infected!" The doctor was trying to get them to understand. He thought they were simply being parents, thinking they knew better when they didn't.

But Ginny and Xaver did know better. Ginny herself had studied to become a healer. Xaver knew his own kind. No one knew better than them.

A shadow passed over Ginny's face and without thinking she reached out and shoved the doctor with one hand. It wasn't a hard shove, but he hadn't expected it, and so he flew backwards into the wall. His eyes grew wide as Ginny spoke, keeping her calm by the grace of God.
"You misunderstood me, doctor. I wasn't asking if you would release him today. I was telling you."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Ginny shoved the doctor back, and Xaver did nothing, resting easily on his heels and letting no expression contort the smooth planes of his handsome face.
"As I was saying, monsieur. Cody is not like normal boys. And yes he may be in pain, but you are more demensions more likely to kill him than we are ever to fail at healing our own son."

The doctor's mouth opened, and closed, much like a fish for all of a few seconds before he finally regained some of himself.
"Low heart rate? Medicine kill him? Your race be d**ned!"
He shook his head indignantly.
"Look, lady. He is not fit to be released!"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"He is fit to be released when I say he is." Ginny said, her voice coming out harsh. She took a small step forward, losing her temper. She pushed the doctor again, this time keeping a hand firmly on his chest. Her eyes flashed with sudden, intense anger.

"Doctor, you have one of two options here. You release my son, and I don't kill you now on the spot. Or, you argue with me and you will be so far gone even a real doctor won't be able to do anything for you."

She pushed slightly too hard on his chest, making sure the pressure began to hurt.
"Which will it be?"
Her voice was shaking, and it seemed she would kill the man no matter what he decided to do.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

For all of a few moments, Xaver didn't react. Watching them, mute, with little expression and less breathing.
Then he was stepping forword, a gentle hand coming to rest on Ginny's right shoulder, neither restraining nor commanding. Instead, requesting - reassuring.

"Ginny."
His tones were a low murmur - simple, but much more implied in the lilt in which he said her name, than most could ever figure.

When his blue oceans slid to the doctor, the human cringed, not nearly accustomed to the inhuman chill in Xaver's depths - his gaze far more penetrating, and knowing, than one's gaze ever should be.
"You realize, sir, you really have no choice in this matter..."
The words rolled off his tongue almost affectionately - though the severe lack of feeling brought a pale palor to the man's flesh.
"This is.."
He waved his hand absently. Completely, and unnervingly calm.
"More of a formality, you see.."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny spoke again, struggling to keep what was left of her calm. In a single 24 hours, she'd gone through an emotional hell. She was a nervous wreck, and this damable doctor was not helping things.

"We are taking Cody out of her within the hour. Whether you have the discharge papers or not is irrelevant to me." He voice shook, and now her whole body was as well. The emotions, the mental stress, the worry, the suddenness of it all. She wasn't going to be able to hold it all in herself.

She felt like screaming. She felt like crying again. She felt such an anger towards this doctor, such anger that made her want to harm him so bad he'd remember it 90 years down the road. Anger that made her want to throw him around until he begged for mercy.

Xaver's hand on her shoulder did nothing but keep her from doing as she wished. He was anchoring her to the real world, even if he didn't realize it. He was keeping her sane.

For the time being.

She felt so insane at the moment, she doubted he would be able to keep her from doing something by being so passive.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret