News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

_another mistress of burden to idolize (class)

Started by Ginny Weasly, June 25, 2008, 09:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobby888

((lol nice))

Leah had already recovered from the shock, due to the general number stated earlier in class.  Both numbers seemed to attract jaws to the floor.

Ginny Weasly

"Anyway, it's not quite so off of subject, is it?" Ginny shook her head, "In fact, if you begin to realize exactly how perceptions are the basis on which our laws and feelings around bound, then you will begin to realize how people can live with themselves even after committing what you consider an unforgivable crime."

"What we consider a crime may not be a crime everywhere in this, or other worlds. It all depends on society. As a group, do we believe that this crime is wrong? Or do we think there is some higher purpose, and that any crimes a person commits are simply playing into that purpose?"

Ginny smiled slightly, "Which, of course, brings up the old debate of whether or not our free will is actually 'free', and we are not ultimately controlled by some high purpose, a god, if you will."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

Leah nodded, glad that she had brought up a good point.  She wanted to get back on subject, but Ginny knew what she was doing, so Leah sat back in her chair to listen to the lesson.

Sky

While the class discussed insanity and our "free", Sky took out some parchment and a quill and doodled on it. But she did listen to the conversation, but most of it didn't quite attract her attention.

dobby888

Leah noticed movement, and turned towards it.  It was Sky, taking out a piece of parchment.  Leah wondered if she was taking notes, but then saw doodles forming and ignored it.  If Ginny saw Sky... well, there was no telling what might happen.

Ginny Weasly

But Ginny did see Sky. She saw every movement Sky had made. Leaning over, taking out the parchment, each stroke of her quill. Ginny knew what Sky was doing. She let it go.
For the moment.

"Which leads us to who is truly to blame for a killing? The killer or the killed? Or possibly, neither of them? Perhaps a high purpose had decided that this killing was going to happen and nothing would change that. Fate, destiny, whatever."
She paused for a moment, letting her thoughts arrange, "And so, because we cannot definitely answer these questions, we must for ourselves decide the difference between a killing and a murder."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

I loves YOUz

Billie raised her hand and waited for Ginny to call on her.
I wanna get back into this site..
My writing has gone way done hill since I left
and well I miss everybody!

Ginny Weasly

Ginny nodded at Billie, "Yes?" She asked.

She still had that sour taste in her mouth from her and the girl's conversation before class. But she would ignore it until she was alone.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

I loves YOUz

Billie looekd at her. "Okay so say I killed someone but it was only to protect people I care about is that a murder or a killing?" she asked

Ginny Weasly

Ginny shrugged, "I'd say it's simply killing. But I'm sure Sky would say it's murder."
Ginny cast a glance over at Sky, then looked back at Billie, "Sometimes, you have to kill someone to save yourself or others."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Sky

Sky looked up at Ginny and ignored her comment. "It can go both ways." She said after a moment of thought. "If someone is after your family and you kill them before even making an attempt at defense or stunning them, then I believe it's murder. But if you've given every attempt that you could muster ,have no choice in the matter, and you're family or whoever you are protecting is in mortal danger, I believe it is just killing. Either way...It'd still attack my consciense. *Bad spelling meh!*

I loves YOUz

"Okay" Billie said simply and and laid her head on her desk.

dobby888

Leah couldn't help but smile a little at the way Ginny had handled Sky.  She heard what Billie had asked though, and wondered, ~Did Billie actually kill someone?~

Leah agreed with what Sky had said, but only partially.  Therefore, she raised her hand to provide a different point of view.

Ginny Weasly

"Yes, Leah?" Ginny nodded at her.

(Yes, this is possibly one of THE shortest posts I've ever put up.)
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

((*gasp* I feel so honored to be a witness of it! And yet not, because it's short... which isn't good.... which technically means that I shouldn't be honored.... Oh well!!))

*Well I do agree with Sky.* Leah said, turning to face Sky as she continued, *But, are you saying that you should wait until your family is definitely dying to try and save them? Or to wait until the last moment to act? Personally, I think you should try other things, but then when things start turning for the worst, go more drastic.*