News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Show no [emotion]& it will destroy your soul

Started by Ginny Weasly, August 22, 2008, 12:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaver

"A true statement, if I ever did hear one."

Xaver's low, thick tones, easily made sharper by the foreign lilt in his voice, intoned as suddenly, and bluntly as he appeared. Out of literal nowhere, a few yards from them.
His arms were pulled back, his hands clasped loosely at the small of his back, the muscles of his shoulders pulled taught, as athletically lean, and powerful as he was. His mouth was pulled into a halfish smile, one corner tipped slightly upward, whilst the other left his true emotion to wonder, though the dark, moody blue oceans of his gaze were at ease. His tall creature was clad completely in black hues, from his dark shoes, and jeans, to the cotton shirt he wore, torn at the back where the silken, black enormities of his wings protruded, folded easily, naturally, behind him.
He was coated in a film of dirt, and the ridge of the knuckles of his right hand were bloody, though there was no injury. No visibly broken skin.
..Not anymore.

His gaze flickered to Cody, not even needing to be a powerful empath to pick up the frustrated wavelengths rolling off the young boy. Xaver's expression changed little, but the glance was full of far more affection and greeting than most would ever comprehend.

"Making friends?"

A light question, that meant more than the actual words inquired.
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody narrowed his eyes at Stacey. From his stand point, she was shallow, immature. She seemed to want to avoid conflict if she had any chance of losing.

He wanted so badly to show her how ignorant she was. But as he was about to open his mouth again, his father's words reached him. He snapped his mouth shut, still frowning deeply. His body tightened as Xaver made the last comment.

Cody snorted sarcastically, "Sure." He said, frowning at his Dad. His eyes said it all, that he was angry, annoyed, upset. He was full of pent up energy.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver understood Cody's gaze almost easily. Often, his son's face was like looking into a time-warped mirror.
Though, truly, as Cody was getting older, he was taking on his very own, unique characteristics, that were slowly setting them apart in characteristics.

The boys emotions, though, were emenating from him in heated waves.
Waves that were anything but amused or friendly.

Xaver bit down a laugh, knowing it wouldn't be interpreted correctly, and less, recieved well - and instead nodded lightly.

"Where's your mother?" he asked, easily changing the subject.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody made a small noise, jerking his head back towards the school.
"Working. She had a meeting with the Headmaster today."

He frowned, his voice changing pitch suddenly. He suddenly sounded very much like the child he was, "She said I wasn't to fly..." He was upset about that.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey looked at the man with brown eyes. "Hello, you must be Cody`s father." She said glancing at Cody as she caught his thoughts. "I'm not shallow nor immature." She whispered. "And I avoid conflict when necessary" She knew it would be highly inappropriate for her to curse Cody. Even though she never really wanted to anyway.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Ginny Weasly

((It's impossible to read Cody's thoughts unless you are one of his parents. On top of his own protection, Ginny also built a block around his mind, in addition to anything Xaver might have done.))
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

((oh, how confusing.... I`ll just re-write that post here....))

Stacey looked at the man with brown eyes. "Hello, you must be Cody`s father." She said ith a smile. She glanced back at Cody. "How come your family always sees me when I`m at my worst?"

LavyBrown

(I know I'M breaking a cardinal rule here by not reading every post so slap me if I'm totally left field here.)

Lavy appeared sitting next to Stacey, "It's not that you're at you're worst. It might just be that they bring the worst out in you. Worst and best is very relative and all depends on you're perspective. Don't be so hard on yourself, Stacey. Cody can be a little hasty to judge sometimes."
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

potter_fan122

Stacey looked at Lavy wide-eyed. "Thank you." She said greatfully. She looked back to lCody and the other man she took as Cody`s father.

LavyBrown

Lavy nodded, in response to Stacey but her attention was on Xaver. It had been a long time since she had spent enough time at school to run into him but here he was. Still stony. But somehow lighter in his manner and expression. It was an odd combination, although odd was to be expected in regards to him.

She smiled up at him, "We meet again," she said in a mockingly dramatic way.
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

Xaver

The boy jerked his head toward the towering school, and Xaver's gaze drifted in that direction, his somber blue orbs lost in thoughts the boy would probably never come to know..
"Working.."
The word was light on his tongue.
Working meant Ginny was busy.
That he'd have to wait to see her.
Da*n.

At Cody's change in tone, Xaver blinked and looked down at him, though before he could reply, the woman was talking, and another, Lavy, had appeared out of that unspoken no-where.

"Xaver," he murmured in way of hello to the brown-eyed woman - Stacey, apparently -, bowing his head in a way of both recognition, and formal, ancient greeting. He straightened, and rocked his tall, lean, powerful figure back onto his heels, his stance easily passive agressive. Passive at the moment.. but so easy to fall into an agressive nature..

"Aye. Lavy," he said quietly. Shortly. "A pleasure."
"Odi et amo."

click here

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled and her eyes turned bight blue.

Ginny Weasly

((That was a really weak post Stacey. Don't reply unless you have something to reply WITH.))

Cody reached out, putting his arms around Xaver's waist and laying his head against his father's body. It was common for him to show emotion and to express affection when it came to his parents. They were the only ones he let think of him as a child, because they were the only ones he wanted to treat him like one.

"Daddy, can we fly?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver looked down as Cody wrapped his arms around the lean bredth of his abdomen, and almost instantly, a warm, calming expanse of a smile brushed his mouth. He bent at the middle and gripped the boy beneath the arms, hauling him up rather efforlessly, and planting him at his hip in a move that was as natural as the breath in his chest. He chuckled, a low, deep rumble that emenated from the confines of his chest.

"Your mother told you you weren't to fly, because you were without her, or me. I am here, now."
A hint of a playful smile tugged at the corners of his still youthful mouth.
"I love flying just as much as you do, you know."

"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody smiled at Xaver as he picked him up. "Can we, please?" He half begged his dad. He really wanted to fly, and his mom hadn't said he wasn't allowed if Xaver went with him.

"It's a really really nice day for it." His tone was slightly persuasive and his eyes, identical to Xaver's, sparkled.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret