News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Republic? Or Democratic? Obama? Or McCain?

Started by fudge0604, September 11, 2008, 03:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fudge0604

You thoughts, about who that should become president, your thoughts about Republicans and democritans.

So! Waiting for YOUR opinion in the election in the winter!

NO FLAMING HERE! EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINIONS, AND NOBODY, ARE TO FLAME AGAINST THEM,
OR EVEN SUGGEST THAT YOUR OPINION ARE THE RIGHT ONE, TRASHING EVERYBODY ELSE.

Post Potter depression.

I loves YOUz

I think McCain should win.. I mean Obama won't even say the pledge... IT's WRONG... McCain isn't much better but he is better then Obama..

But I will never vote even when I'm of age... I think our goverment it stupid.. I think that the US Gov't is a terrible thing..
I wanna get back into this site..
My writing has gone way done hill since I left
and well I miss everybody!

potter_fan122

MY OPINION ONLY!!!! If you won`t vote, I don`t think you have the right to complain about the government. Because you didn`t help decide it.

You are right about McCain. I think he`ll get it.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

I loves YOUz

I won't vote because no matter what the Gov't will screw us over in the end..

potter_fan122

I`m gonna vote just because I was raised that way.

I loves YOUz

My family is big on politics and all that crap.. I'm not.. lol

potter_fan122

im not either, i hate it when all of the politice crap is on tv.

I loves YOUz

I hate it when the news people talk about things that they dont know the truth about.. pisses me off

potter_fan122

I loves YOUz

LavyBrown

I GOT A CRUSH ON OBAMA!!!!!!

Yeah sorry to tell you but McCain doesn't do it for me. Even if Obama totally screwed the government more then it is now (which would be a great accomplishment considering where it is now) I would prefer someone in charge who would do something new and different rather then the same old same old, war taxes.....

What does McCain have: some war badges and a woman who says that abstinence is the only way and yet has a 17 year old daughter who's pregnant. If you can't even control you're family how can you control the county?

(And don't think I'm bashing vets cause I'm not. it's cause of them that i can sit comfy at my computer typing this)

And yeah, Obama has his own set of problems: lack of time in a public office, est.....

But really experience isn't the problem. People's true selves are showed when under pressure and I think Obama would do outstanding job. He's proven himself against the Clinton machine for god sakes!!!!!!!!! GIVE THE MAN SOME BROWNIE POINTS FOR THAT AT LEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

I loves YOUz

Okay about McCains daughter.. Its not rigth that people bring children into the elections.. and that just means McCain's daughter made a mistake.. but dont we all.. I mean I kno A LOT of people who had sex without marriage and the husbands left them.. and they turned out to be great moms.. plus think about it.. McCain is already dealing with todays issues... He might be able to change the rate of teen pregances..

The nagain KIDS SHOULD NOT BE TALKED ABOUT.. one of clintons daughters wasn't very pretty and the public kept calling her ugly and the news people did too.. if people said that about me around the freaking US I would kill myself..

LavyBrown

It's not McCain's daughter, It's Palien's daughter. And they chose to put her in the spot light so she's there now. Too late.

But that's not my only problem with McCain. He chose Palien as a running mate for shock value not for actual value. Now people are like: Oh wow he chose a woman, he must be up-to-date and new like Obama....

Yeah tell that to the milions of families being crushed by gas prices( he keeps giving tax breaks to the gas compines) and the thousands of families with son's and daughter's over in Iraq (because he said, an I quote: If it takes a 100 years [to stablize Iraq] then we'll stay a 100 years)

I just don't buy it. I love politics and I don't say stuff in favor of a person because of their party. I say stuff in support (or lack of) of a person because what they stand for.

Yeah Obama will do things I don't agree with (like abortion for one) but what had Bush and all those people who claim to be against abortion done about stopping it? Nothing.

I loves YOUz

I think we should stay in Iraq until its over.. because last time we left a war site more than 60,000 soldiers died because the enemy knew we were leaving and attacked when most of our men and women were gone and killed the ones who stayed... I hate wars but i would rather out troops stayed over there.. and I understand how the mothers and fathers feel

LavyBrown

* shrug* that's your opinion. And mine is we need to get the hell out of there ASAP.

I'm not saying pack up and run. That's just silly talk. But we need to be more realistic about what's going on. We're pouring billions( yes with a B) in this war every day and look at us. The middle east is less stable then before, everyone hates us and let's face it. with 9/11 just around the corner it reminds us how vulnerable we were and still are....

We need a plan, that includes a time table. I'm not saying we need to be out my 2010 or anything. But indefinitely just isn't acceptable at all.

And I think Obama will provide that. McCain already said we would stay indefinitely if he was prez.