News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

CERN's project in Switzerland/France.

Started by fudge0604, September 11, 2008, 03:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fudge0604

Your thoughts about the new experiment in Switzerland/France!

Do we really need all the knowledge of what happened when the Big Bang was?

Or was there really a big bang? Wasn't it God, that was the creator?

NO FLAMING HERE! EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINIONS, AND NOBODY, ARE TO FLAME AGAINST THEM,
OR EVEN SUGGEST THAT YOUR OPINION ARE THE RIGHT ONE, TRASHING EVERYBODY ELSE.

Opinions?

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

I heard about this as well.  I can't wait.  Didn't they send their first beam of protons going around?  It should hit speed I think around October 13 they said.  This is cool, also they are looking for the mysterous Higgens Bosson which might tell us why things have mass. 

The whole big bang thing is good as well.  Still, particles going at 99.9999% light speed...just wow. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

fudge0604

Well... I hope nothing bad goes wrong, because if something happens, the whole world is gonna suffer!

Post Potter depression.

~Harry Potter~

Eh, not really the people who are worried are not really justifed. 

Nerd Warning!!!

People are woried that it will cause a blackhole that will absorb the earth, well, even if that did happen, which the chances of are very small, it would disolve within a few seconds from Hawking Radiation.  The smaller the blackhole, the quicker it disolves, and a black hole from a few protons would be really small. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

nate

hey i have a question. k i am very stupid and dont really at all pay attentinon to the news but my parents had talked about this whole black hole thing, i kinda zoned off through half of the conversation but dont they have to try to split the protons to create the black hole?
i dont suffer from insanity...i enjoy every minute of it

fudge0604

They haven't collided the particles yet. That was to be done at the 22nd of October, when the particles would have gotten such a great speed that they are going as nearly as fast as the light, but,
unfortunantely, the LHC machine broke down.

Post Potter depression.