News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Simple Contest? EVERYONE

Started by Sky, September 24, 2008, 03:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

I have a challenge for you. I want you to write a short story. The best story will be the winner of the contest. No there are no prizes but I want to see who can create the best story. Also, I am curious to see who can top Ginny's posts. XD J.K. Anyway, here are the rules.

1) You don't have to PM me or Post to Enter, just simply post your story when you want.

2) You can only have one entry.

3) For this Short Story, I'm going to put a Minimum of Four Paragraphs and a Maximum of 8.

4) Though Grammar and Spelling isn't always perfect, please try your best on it. It really makes it easier to read.

5) Give it some creativity! Something to keep the reader interested...wanting to know more. But then again, don't make it incredibly stupid at the same time. ;)

6) Have fun with this. Yeah, so you don't get anything. But it's something to do right?

Good luck. Deadline is sometime in November? 

Oh, and I forgot to add that the story can be about anything. Just find an idea and stick with it.

fudge0604

Hehe ;)

Thanks Sky, now I have something to do for the next couple 'o days!

You guys just wait! I'm gonna win!  ;D If Ginny or someone else doesn't come into it...

Post Potter depression.

I loves YOUz

I'll post the story I wrote for english this year.. but it has many big words in it.. beware! tehe
I wanna get back into this site..
My writing has gone way done hill since I left
and well I miss everybody!

fudge0604

Umh.... What's a paragraph?  :P

Post Potter depression.

I loves YOUz

A paragraph is three to seven sentences.

potter_fan122

Um, the deadline is today, can you make the deadline like, in a couple weeks or something? Thank you! I`m only asking because I was planning on writting a story, but I haven`t had time lately.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

I loves YOUz

Heres my story!-
Okay I'm gonna underline the big words I had to use.. you can look them up if you dont know them!! tehe..

In the middle of the her parents lab, Billie sat on the ground and looked at the test results. "So what if I have an abnormal amount of chromosomes I'm still a person" She said and sighed as she put the test sheet on the table. Why did people always treat her different when they found out what she was. Did it really matter. "Yes, yes it does matter, but you know what, I am what I am and I'm happy being it!" she exclaimed happily as she smiled to herself. Then Billie thought about what had happened at school that day. She was terrifying to some people. So what she wasn't good at waving at wand, but was very smart. "Why do they all have to be so churlish?" Billie asked herself as her brother Pete as he walked in door.
   "Churlish?" Pete asked. "Learning bigger words Billie?" he said joking around with her. He had remembered when they had to do vocabulary in year two. "You know if your weren't a vampire, and didn't go to Whirlington you would have vocab much more often" Pete said as he looked at the test sheet that was on the floor next to Billie . "People not being nice again?" Pete asked and raised an eyebrow at her suspiciously.
   "Uh um no I-I.. I just wanted to see how long it would take for you to figure out what churlish meant, oh and what about.. Circumnavigate?" Billie asked hoping Pete wouldn't realize she was using circumlocution against him. So that he wouldn't get mad at anyone. "Even if they were I can take care of myself" Billie exclaimed. "Remember what happened to Meme, when she murdered Dylan?" She asked. Dylan was Billies older sister, and had been murdered by her best friend Meme.
   "You ripped her to shreds, Billie I know the story I was there." He said gloomily. "Anyways don't beat around the bush. Did something happen at school today?" Pete asked, not wanting her to change the subject. "Did someone do something, or say something?" He asked her. "Did someone try and hurt you?" He asked. "You know your not deciduous, so you wont last forever." He said.
   "But I will out live the rest of them by hundreds of years" Billie said slightly happier. "Plus what they did wasn't that deleterious" Billie said and starting popping her fingers. "They wouldn't be mean or crude to me if I wasn't so diffident," Billie mumbled to herself. She wasn't about to tell Pete the joke they had pulled on her at her flying class. The kids in her class had tied a very large deer to a tree a few feet away from were Billie had to stand. They had put a rather large cut near its front leg, knowing Billie would want it. She was still a young vampire, so of course she would want it. "They just knew how to enervate me" She said sadly. "Why did you come up here anyways Pete, you normally don't like being near all the testing supplies" She asked her curiously.
   Pete wasn't going to pester Billie to tell him what happened. "Well for today Billie you can keep it to yourself, but if I ever find out what the kids are doing to you that makes you upset, I will hurt him" He said and then sat down gracefully on the floor across from Billie. "The reason I came up here is because I knew you would be up here." He said. "I just wanted to let you know that the family down the street, you know the vampire family, finally got enfranchised, and are official citizens of Great Brittan now!" he said smiling. "So you won't be the only vampire at your school anymore, they have a daughter around your age. I think her name is Megan" He said. "So it looks like you will have more friends now aren't you happy?" he asked as he saw Billies face grow pale.
   "Oh what, yeah that's great.. really it is" Billie said very unconvincing, but before Pete could say anything. Billie jumped out the window and started to run. "Looks like I'll miss Epiphany this year" Billie sighed. She was happy to have a new vampire at her school, but did it have to be a girl. Most girls she knew were complete jerks, and were worse then the guys. "I'll just disappear, and never come back, then they'll see how much better it was with me then without" Billie said, and continued to run.

fudge0604

C'mon guys! LEt's get started! I officially declare that the deadline, is NEXT SATURDAY! k?

Post Potter depression.

Sky

I loves YOUz

So.. Do I have to post another one?

Sky