News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Voices

Started by potter_fan122, October 5, 2008, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey looked up at Ginny. "Well, yes, and no. Some of them just ramble on about things. But others, they say some things that...  I would prefer not to here." She answered. Her eyes glinted dark brown. "Will they ever go away?"
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Ginny Weasly

Ginny folded her legs up beneath her where she sat on an armchair and shook her head.
"Nope. There are things you can do to keep them out, to keep them from taking over your mind. But they are always there. Will always be there."

She peered closely at Stacey, "How many of them know you can hear them? Sometimes, a person can feel that someone is listening to their thoughts."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey nodded and closed her eyes, sitting up a little starighter. She shuvered as she heard one talking to her. "One. Two. Three. Four.... Eight." She said, opening her eyes. "Eight of them, but only two are talking. The others are listening." She paused. "Five of them are men and three are women." She surprised herself by saying that. "How did I know that?"

Ginny Weasly

"Easy." Ginny said, a small tired smile tipping the corners of her mouth.

"You are hearing what other people are thinking. For all I know, they might be projecting their thoughts onto you. Or you are tapping into them without the people knowing." She shrugged, a look of indifference crossing her features.

"Would you like to continue listening to them, or do you want me to place a temporary block around the room for now?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey closed her eyes for a moment. "Don`t put a block up. I need to learn to block them out. Wait, does that mean I can read these thing`s minds? What are they anyway? Where are they?" She asked, suddenly full of questions.

Ginny Weasly

"A temporary block. So you can build your own."
Ginny frowned, "I will answer questions only after I can block it from outside listeners."

She tilted her head slightly, looking as tired as ever. She hadn't slept at all last night, or the night before. It was hard keeping her insomnia from Xaver and Cody, and so it only added to her exhaustion.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

"Okay, block it then." She said, wanting to hear the answers to her questions. She had calmed down a lot, her face had returned to a normal color and she wasn`t paroniod anymore.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny nodded, and the windows and doors snapped shut. Ginny put up an almost impenetrable block around the whole room, causing all three of their minds to be unreachable. She nodded at Stacey, ready to answer questions now.

"Those people can be anyone, anywhere. They could be human, or something else. They can exist in separate realms. The capacities of the mind and it's reaches are astounding, Stacey."

((We have to wait for Lavy.))
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

"And you already know that some of them are not the most pleasent voices to hear. Some of them you'll never be able to block. But the weaker voices, I guess you could say they're not as loud, will be cake. It's just about being able to focus your power into a little force field around yourself."
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

potter_fan122

Stacey looked down at her lap, thinking. "But, does that mean I`m reading their minds, like the ones that don`t really talk? Or does it mean they`re coming to me for some reason? If so, why are they coming to me?"

LavyBrown

"I don't know yet. It could be just reading their minds or it could be that there are beings out there who know you can hear them and so they talk to you. It could be both. And to be honest with you they all come for different reasons, some of them want your help. Some just want someone to talk to. Others come just to torture you."

potter_fan122

"But... why?" She asked, she looked back and forth from Lavy to Ginny. "Why would they want to torture someone, someone they probably don`t even know?"

LavyBrown

(Lets wait for Ginny)

Ginny Weasly

"Because people are not a very nice persons by nature." Ginny was a cynical person. She'd seen too much evil in the world to beleive that there was much good or reason to anything.

"Listen, no matter what the answers, your best bet is to protect yourself and build a mental block. I'm one of like ten people in the world who can surpass almost any block, so you'll be safe simply because no one is able to pass it." She sighed, "But it takes concentration to build one every month, and you need to fix it. You'll only run at three fourths your true power, because a fourth will be keeping your block in place."

Which was scary, if you thought about Ginny's power.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

"But what if I didn`t block them, just simply ignored them. What would happen then?" She asked.