News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Voices

Started by potter_fan122, October 5, 2008, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LavyBrown

"You're going to end up with sleepless nights and restless days. It's not pleasent. The more you don't listen to them the louder they get. Unless you don't want end up doing something to yourself that could only end badly, you need to use a mind block. I spent five months curled up in my bed because I was trying to be tough about it."
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

potter_fan122

"I`m... I`m not trying to be tough about it, I`m worried what will happen to my other powers if I can only use three fourths of my power." Stacey said, looking at Lavy. "I mean... my powers aren`t really that great anyway."
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Ginny Weasly

Ginny snorted, leaning forward. Her eyes had dark circles under them and she scowled, "It won't do much of anything to you. The stronger you are, the bigger  a block you must build, so the more power you use to build it. It equals out so you won't be losing too much. You'll need a lot more sleep at night, and a hell of a lot more food. But you won't even notice the power missing after a week."

"Unless you want to end up as crazy as I am."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey turned her gaze on Ginny. "But if my block is only as strong as I am, wouldn`t stronger voices still be able to talk to me?"

Ginny Weasly

Ginny smirked, "Why would they want to?"

She slowly shook her head, "Stacey, powerful minds seek out powerful minds. They don't waste their time on children whose powers don't even register on the scale."

Ginny yawned, covering her mouth but barley.
"Powerful minds attack powerful minds. Unless you provoke them."

She gave Stacey an interesting look, "For example, I wouldn't want to talk to you telepathically unless you contacted me first."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

"And I wouldn't suggest provoking them. They can really make life a living hell. The stronger you get the less likely you are to even hear the voices. Only the really powerful ones can even create a blimp on your radar. Don't worry yourself to much about it.

Lavy glanced at Ginny, seeing that she was fall over tired. She gave her that look. The look that said many things but mostly 'What the hell are you doing using magic when you're about to fall over, you're so tired?'

"Let me take over," She asked, only loud enough so that Ginny could hear her.

Ginny Weasly

Ginny waved her hand at Lavy, as if the girl was being silly.
"Nonsense. This is nothing."

She frowned to Stacey, "Here's the thing. We can help you build your block. We could build it for you, but it will work better if you add to it. You can design your block to filter them, keeping out the useless bad ones. Or you can block them altogether."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

LavyBrown

*Ginny I don't understand why you push yourself like this. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. You already have so many other things to worry about. Please just let me do this for you.*

Lavy sat down next to Stacey, "I think it would be best just to start with blocking them all out. That way you can start to learn to filter out the ones that could actually be useful to you." 

potter_fan122

Stacey sighed. "Okay." She didn`t understand a lot of things. "But, why would  some voice even want to contact me? I`m not powerful or anything."

LavyBrown

"They know you can hear them. It's just something new to bother."

potter_fan122

"That`s stupid." Stacey said. "Why bother with bothering something. You have to get bored of it sooner or later." She said out loud, forgetting the voices couldn`t hear her anymore.

Ginny Weasly

"Because it's fun for them." Ginny said, frowning. She rubbed her forehead, "Listen, you really need to build up your block now. When I let down the one around the room, it's going to fill like I hit you in the side of the head with a 2x4 if you don't."

Ginny felt the tension in her neck and shoulders. She had been exhausted lately, and Stacey wasn't helping with her headache.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

"I`m sorry." Stacey said, feeling Ginny`s tension. "How do I build a block?"

LavyBrown

Lavy rolled her eyes and forcibly took so of the strain off of Ginny, "It's a little diffrent for everyone but it's pretty basic. Just think about what it would be like to be in a white room. There's no sound or sights or anything."

Ginny Weasly

Ginny let Lavy take a little bit, but stopped her cold when she moved past what Ginny didn't want her to. This was her magic, she wasn't going to hand it over suddenly.

"Another easy way is to imagine building a wall. Full of thick, heavy stones that stop everything. You have to concentrate, or it won't work." She blinked a few times, "I used to help student with their first ones, but I keep a constant one for myself and Cody. Lending out too much power like that is dangerous."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret