News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Please Read.

Started by Sky, October 6, 2008, 08:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Can you guys not make thirty topics within two days?

Yeah that is an exaggeration,  but I think you still get the point.

It's really annoying to see multiple topics by one person. I can understand like...five maybe a day per section, but I seriously seen alot.

fudge0604

I agree, totally. 30 new topics in 2 days, is way, too much!

It is extremely annoying, but, for now, I won't point.

Post Potter depression.

I loves YOUz

Theres no way I'm going to say that is Stacey posting to much.. that wouldn't be right
I wanna get back into this site..
My writing has gone way done hill since I left
and well I miss everybody!

fudge0604

It's not that she is posting to much. It is, making to many topics. It is infact, bugging me a bit.
If you think that I'm being pecky, taking all the small things, and overexxagerate them, you're wrong.
If you make atleast 5 topics in one section, twice a day or so, it starts to aggravate you.

I don't want to make enemies, or something, but, when you have stayed on this site for a time, and looked at all those things that annoy you, sometimes, you gotta let it out sometimes.

And, Stacey, is still a newbie. I don't care what you others say, that her new bio is great, and everything, she is still a newbie, so, she needs some constructive advice. Also, still new at RPing. She may know how to RP, and starting to get it, but the basics are constructed by pretty much. You have to understand an RP completely, before you can say you're not a newbie. You have to know when you should post, how to make gaps for others, and, to not get enemies, by your Rping.

Here's Ginny's noob list. I couldn't agree more with this list.

You classify as a n00b if you do any of the following;
1.) Always (in RPs and OCC) type without punctuation, proper spelling, and/or grammar.
2.) You feel the need to jump down others member's throats because your so-called intelligence has been mildly insulted. Get an ego check.
3.) You think your opinion about everything is the only one and that yours is the right one. Shut up. No one loves you, and no one cares.
4.) You have the balls to try and start a fight with someone much more literate and smarter than you. Just. Don't. You will be made to look like a fool.
5.) You think your character is the "main" character of this site. Um...no. They aren't.
6.) You think everyone wants to join the RPs you have made. No, we don't. Because you type like a little kid and act like an idiot.
7.) You joined within the last 6 months.

I don't wanna become enemies or something-How many times have I mentioned it?- but the only way for things to get improved, is that there is some shouting, some bickering, and some madness.

I've become rather aggravated by n00bs and newbies, so I have really become mercyless against them.
Don't be mad at me. It is how it turned out to be.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

I read this topic today. I respect all of your opinions and I know that I`m not the best person here. In fact, I`m one of the newest ones. But I would rather you tell me what I`m doing wrong than posting something about it. I know I`m still a newbie. But, in my veiw, the only point I think applies to me from Albus`s last post is number seven. The rest, I think, don`t apply to me. And if you have something else to say about where or what I post, please, tell me.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

Where exactly do you see me type "STACEY" in this? I didn't point her out. I said
QuoteCan you guys not make thirty topics within two days?

Yeah that is an exaggeration,  but I think you still get the point.

It's really annoying to see multiple topics by one person. I can understand like...five maybe a day per section, but I seriously seen alot.

And you do qualify as a newb for more than one thing. Don't take it as an insult. Your learning.

potter_fan122

I didn`t point you out as the one sayign that. I know I`m learning and I don`t take that as an insult. And I know that I do more than one thing that`s "wrong" to you guys.
Quote from: fudge0604 on October  6, 2008, 04:49:30 PM
I agree, totally. 30 new topics in 2 days, is way, too much!

It is extremely annoying, but, for now, I won't point.
Quote from: I loves YOUz on October  7, 2008, 06:11:39 AM
Theres no way I'm going to say that is Stacey posting to much.. that wouldn't be right

I feel that Albus was suggusting me becasue I had posted a few topics a couple days ago. Now, I know it wasn`t anywhere near thirty new topics. It was like, five.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Ginny Weasly

*snorts*

Okay, all of you shut up.
I have a head ache from work tonight.

Sky, I understand your annoyance. Although it would have been better simply to send a message to whomever you were referring to, fact is you didn't. So what, I'm sure they will live. And since you didn't mention anyone by name, you didn't really do anything wrong.

Stacey, calm down kiddo. Yes, you are still new, and still learning. But I can put up with you a LOT more than I used to be able to do. They have a nice point, making a new topic in almost every board in a short amount of days is annoying. Try to keep new topics to two a week, ok?

Albus, honey, I love you like a brother. As for my list, I'm glad you agree, haha.

Billie, no one mentioned Stacey's name, you were the first. Next time they don't say a name, try not to supply one. Even if you DO know to whom they were referring. It keeps things a bit nicer around here.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

Well Ginny, I can't exactly say I love you ( IMMA GUY!! :P) But your like an older sister to me! -That was hard! :P-

So should we say.... Thread closed. Officially?

Post Potter depression.

Ginny Weasly

Yes, please! I deal with enough of this kind of thing in high school...
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Sky

Doesn't anyone wuv me!?

:D

Okay. I'm done. And thanks Ginny. And I posted the topic because we have a few "Newbies" and I figured they'd probably see it too sometime. Whoop dee dee have a bowl of me.

Dobby_ROX

Ummmmmmmm sorry but why does it matter if you post to many? (I find it said that you don't like peapole just because they are new you were once)

harrypotterfan:)

Well if you post too much that's basically spamming. First of all, no one cares how many posts you have. Secondly, people don't like newbies who can't RP at all. Some newbies do know how to RP quite well. I admit I used to be a newbie but these newbies keep interfering..don't you think?
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

Sky

It's good to post as much as you want, but sometimes, it can be annoying.
The usual reason for disliking "Newbs" is because they typically have bad spelling and grammar, which tends to ruin the storyline. Takes away the interest.

harrypotterfan:)

hey you stole the words out of my mouth =-)
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]